Mark of the Beast: Legitimate Concern?

Mark of the Beast: Legitimate Concern?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
11 Sep 15

I believe that all the children born after Israel became a state in 1948 are the last generation that will not all pass away before the rebuilding of the temple and the return of the Messiah.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
11 Sep 15

Originally posted by RJHinds
I believe that all the children born after Israel became a state in 1948 are the last generation that will not all pass away before the rebuilding of the temple and the return of the Messiah.
Another asssinine statement.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
11 Sep 15

Originally posted by RJHinds
There's more than one generation there, Ron.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
11 Sep 15

Originally posted by Suzianne
There's more than one generation there, Ron.
I was thinking of the "Baby Boomers" generation after WWII. I was not referring to the lost generation, the greatest generation, the silent generation, generation X, the millennial generation (gen Y), or generation Z.

The Baby Boomers are the generation that was born following World War II, generally from the early 1940s up to the early 1960s, a time that was marked by an increase in birth rates. The term "baby boomer" is sometimes used in a cultural context. Therefore, it is impossible to achieve broad consensus on a defined start and end date.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generations#List_of_generations

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
11 Sep 15

Originally posted by FMF
Do you think the stuff you went on about in your previous post about technology, "the mark", and "naysayers" is a core Christian belief and that not agreeing with your analysis means someone is somehow an "unbeliever" ~ or a 'lesser' Christian than the likes of you and whodey? I have met many Christians who find current 'it's-happening-now paranoia/superstition- ...[text shortened]... mark of the Beast" to be - at best - unconvincing. Do you question their Christian beliefs too?
The mark of the Beast is written about in Rev 13, 14 and 15. Revelations wasn't written for unbelievers, so if you and dive don't believe it then guess what... it wasn't written for you.

But it's not just a matter of not believing it, because apparently some of the naysayers here can't seem to tell the differece between something attached to a hand or forehead and a credit card or cell phone. So what's up with that... are you guys just playing around (acting dumb and clueless) or do you really not understand the difference?

F

Moves
11 Sep 15

Originally posted by lemon lime
The mark of the Beast is written about in Rev 13, 14 and 15. Revelations wasn't written for unbelievers, so if you and dive don't believe it then guess what... it wasn't written for you.

But it's not just a matter of not believing it, because apparently some of the naysayers here can't seem to tell the differece between something attached to a hand or ...[text shortened]... s just playing around (acting dumb and clueless) or do you really not understand the difference?
You've missed the point. Christians have been thinking in various numbers that 'it's all going down in our life time' for 2,000 years. Do you believe, like Suzianne, that the end times will come in her life time ~ say the next 30-40 years ~ because of the signs you reckon you see in the technology of our age, and if so, do you believe your personal interpretation of the "meaning" of technology now in 2015, even if other Christians do not agree, is nevertheless a core Christian belief ~ and that those who interpret it differently from you are in some sense "unbelievers"?

w

Moves
11 Sep 15
1 edit

Originally posted by divegeester
Sorry to offend you, but that is a bunch of meaningless sanctimonious platitudes if you are wrong about what it is you are dying for. What has "giving up your faith in Christ" and "denying Christ" got to do with you giving up your life in order to avoid having a micro-chip implanted, which you may have mistaken for being the mark of the beast?
All we have is what we know to be right, and what we think God is telling us.

I have made my decision. How bout you? Would you have anything implanted on your right hand or forehead in order to buy and sell?

w

Moves
11 Sep 15

Originally posted by FMF
You've missed the point. Christians have been thinking in various numbers that 'it's all going down in our life time' for 2,000 years. Do you believe, like Suzianne, that the end times will come in her life time ~ say the next 30-40 years ~ because of the signs you reckon you see in the technology of our age, and if so, do you believe your personal interpretatio ...[text shortened]... n belief ~ and that those who interpret it differently from you are in some sense "unbelievers"?
The prophesies seem to be taking shape. If they come out with an implanted device in the right hand or forehead in order to buy and sell, then the prophesy will have seemed to have manifest itself.

It is what it is.

F

Moves
11 Sep 15

Originally posted by whodey
The prophesies seem to be taking shape. If they come out with an implanted device in the right hand or forehead in order to buy and sell, then the prophesy will have seemed to have manifest itself.

It is what it is.
Do you contend that "The prophesies seem to be taking shape" is now a core Christian belief and that those whose interpretations diverge from yours are "Christian unbelievers"?

w

Moves
11 Sep 15

Originally posted by FMF
Do you contend that "The prophesies seem to be taking shape" is now a core Christian belief and that those whose interpretations diverge from yours are "Christian unbelievers"?
People are free to do and think as they so choose.

It makes no difference to me as to the numbers of people who believe the way I do.

F

Moves
11 Sep 15

Originally posted by whodey
People are free to do and think as they so choose.

It makes no difference to me as to the numbers of people who believe the way I do.
Is it one of your core Christian beliefs that the "end times" are close at hand?

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
11 Sep 15

Originally posted by twhitehead
I have to point out that the Bible verses in question say nothing about implanting.
Highly entertaining, to watch you so emphatically (dogmatically, in some cases) issue forth STATEMENT of FACTS from an area just below your intergluteal cleft which time after time can be shown to be generally and specifically completely false.

Your specious suggestion that smartphones are rejected as the Mark of the Beast by Christians on the basis of their reluctance to be without them is itself rejected because it is uninformed on the initial premise, i.e., the nature of the mark.

Your ignorance on the topic (willful or simply naive) is not excused since you present yourself and your lunkhead ideas as authoritative and informed; they--- and you--- are neither.

Observe study in all of its humility and see if you can actually learn something which actually enrichens.

Here is a transliteration of the Greek into English of Revelation 13:16:

"and it is making all the little and the great and the rich and the poor and the free and the slaves that it should be giving to them carve effect on the hand of them of the right or on the foreheads of them"

The "it" refers to the second beast which comes from out of the earth introduced in verse 11, the one who performs miracles and is able to bring fire down from heaven.
This beast compels those on the earth to make an image of the first beast.
He then brings that image to life and further compels people to worship the first beast or be killed.

The key word regarding the mark, however comes in the form of charagma, a neutral accusative singular noun, which is used in conjunction with sculpture, engraving, stamping.
This is an unremovable mark for identification purposes.

An item of any articial construction can be lost, stolen or destroyed while leaving the owner intact.
A permanent mark or engraving cannot be lost, stolen or destroyed without something similar occuring to the one with that permanent mark or engraving.

So there you go...

Moves
11 Sep 15

How long have you played the Christian unbeliever?

Do you think no one notices anything odd about someone who poses as an unbelieving believer?
Disagreeing with you does not make me an "unbeliever".

Moves
11 Sep 15
2 edits

So what's up with that... are you guys just playing around (acting dumb and clueless) or do you really not understand the difference
Why does disagreeing with you trigger you downshifting into insult mode?

w

Moves
11 Sep 15

Originally posted by FMF
Is it one of your core Christian beliefs that the "end times" are close at hand?
Time is relative