Mark of the Beast

Mark of the Beast

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
28 Feb 21
1 edit

@Ghost-of-a-Duke

No I am not on the dark path of numerology.
And I have already seen your "examples".

They didn't work before. Showing them off to a new crowd maybe, will accomplish nothing here, except how little you know of the ministry of this faithful servant of God.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
28 Feb 21

@sonship said
@Ghost-of-a-Duke

No I am not on the dark path of numerology.
And I have already seen your "examples".

They didn't work before. Showing them off to a new crowd maybe, will accomplish nothing here, except how little you know of the ministry of this faithful servant of God.
Here is the slippery slope of numerology:

"The unique Creator, God, is triune, signified by the number three. Since the creation is represented before God by four living creatures (Revelation 4:6-9), the number four signifies creatures, especially man. Hence, three plus four means that God is added to the created man, and thus His purpose is being accomplished. The church is not only the creature, but the creature with the Creator as the Triune God dispensed into her. She is the real number seven: the real three, the Triune God, added to the real four, created man. Therefore the number seven denotes completion in God’s move, first in the old creation and then in the new creation, the church."

(The Recovery Version: Footnotes of Revelation)

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
28 Feb 21
6 edits

@Ghost-of-a-Duke

Bolding is mine for emphasis.

"The unique Creator, God, is triune, signified by the number three. Since the creation is represented before God by four living creatures (Revelation 4:6-9), the number four signifies creatures, especially man. Hence, three plus four means that God is added to the created man, and thus His purpose is being accomplished. The church is not only the creature, but the creature with the Creator as the Triune God dispensed into her. She is the real number seven: the real three, the Triune God, added to the real four, created man. Therefore the number seven denotes completion in God’s move, first in the old creation and then in the new creation, the church."

Again and again it is not mysticism at the numbers that is the focus. It is God, God, and God who is the focus. He speaks of numbers, yes. His burden is to exalt and glorify God and God's move and God's purpose.

In that example Brother Lee CONSTANTLY points to God as the focus not numbers for their own sake. There is no reliance on the power of numbers to do anything magical.

You're ringing a false alarm.

Moves
01 Mar 21
1 edit

@sonship said
Bolding is mine for emphasis.

"The unique Creator, God, is triune, signified by the number three.
This is not in the bible, anywhere, not even once.

What is in the bible dozens of times is “hear oh Israel, the Lord your God is one

The bible NEVER says god is three. It’s made up by you.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Mar 21
2 edits

"And because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into our hearts, crying, Abba, Father!" (Gal. 4:6)

Here the New Testament mentions:
the sending God
the Spirit
His Son.

Which one of these three mentioned is not God ?

Look again.

"And because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into our hearts, crying, Abba, Father! " (Gal. 4:6)

Which one is not God?

Moves
01 Mar 21
1 edit

@sonship said
"And because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into our hearts, crying, Abba, Father!" (Gal. 4:6)

Here the New Testament mentions:
the sending God
the Spirit
His Son.
Which one of these three mentioned is not God ?
Hear oh Israel, the Lord your God is ONE.

Old and new testaments!

Here is Jesus himself correcting you...

Mark 12:29
“And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord”

Moves
01 Mar 21
2 edits

@sonship said

Which one is not God?
Has anyone said Jesus is not God?

Has anyone said The Holy Spirit is not God?

Has anyone said The father is not God?

They are ONE and the same entity manifested in different ways.

One, as the bible says, not three!

Nil desperandum

Seedy piano bar

Moves
01 Mar 21

“What Will the mark of the beast be?”

Mark Labbett - The Beast in The Chase TV program.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Mar 21
1 edit

@divegeester

Does the pronoun "We" mean more than one person?
The word "person" is used guardedly but necessarily.

" . . . and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make an abode with him." (John 14:23)

See, that is why the brothers of the past came up with the word trinity.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
01 Mar 21

@sonship said
@divegeester

" . . . and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make an abode with him." (John 14:23)

The Queen says 'We."

Moves
01 Mar 21

@sonship said
@divegeester

Irrespective of the trinity going against every other description of god in the bible...

Because somewhere it says “we”

Moves
01 Mar 21

Checkmate question™ for sonship...

Will a person who professes a sincere belief in Christ, be in any way precluded from salvation if they reject your version of the teaching of the trinity?

Let’s see how we go with this one...

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Mar 21
2 edits

@divegeester

Old question answered before.
Watch Divegeester either re-ask it with great pride when he fails to control how I reply.

Will a person who professes a sincere belief in Christ, be in any way precluded from salvation if they reject your version of the teaching of the trinity?

This depends on what you mean by "your version of the teaching of the trinity".

If you mean by that that Jesus is not the Son of God (and some DO mean that when they boast that they have no trinity belief) then I think they have not received Jesus as Lord.

Question for you:

When a religious person doesn't like some teaching can he make it an issue of salvation forcing it to be a sectarian matter thus portraying himself as more magnanimous and a better religious person ?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Mar 21
1 edit

@divegeester said
Irrespective of the trinity going against every other description of god in the bible...

Because somewhere it says “we”
The brothers who coined the phrase trinity had good reason to do so.
The attacks against the Person and nature of Christ forced them to
develop vocabulary to help explain something very mysterious in the Bible.

Arius and his pupils have been sore looser ever since.
Ie. Jehovah's Witnesses, The Way International, Unitarians, and some other groups and individuals who cannot take the mysterious nature of the three-one God.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
01 Mar 21

@sonship said
@divegeester

Do you accept the Queen says 'we' or are you just ignoring the existence of the majestic plural?