Matthew 28:18

Matthew 28:18

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
20 Nov 15
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
the link was provided to demonstrate that i read the book, i think any reasonable person can tell from that thread that i have read the book. If you like i shall rephrase my claim and state that i have extensively paraphrased ideas from the book.
You cannaot tell from that thread that you read the book. You claimed that you had quoted from it extensively in your discussions with R J Hinds, Jaywill and Suzzianne and then you gave a link to it. When I went to the link, I found that you had not quoted extensively and there was nothing there to suggest you were paraphrasing anything other than what Google provides in a few seconds. There was, indeed, absolutely no indication that you had read Jason BeDuhn's criticism of the use of the word "Jehovah" in the NWT's NT aside perhaps from what can be gleened from wikipedia. Where are the "extensive quotations" you claimed there were?

rc

Moves
20 Nov 15
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
You cannaot tell from that thread that you read the book. You mentioned that had quoted from it extensively in your discussions with R J Hinds, Jaywill and Suzzianne and you gave a link. When I went to the link, I found that you had not quoted extensively and there was nothing there to suggest you were paraphrasing anything other than what Google provides in a f ...[text shortened]... what can be gleened from wikipedia. Where are the "extensive quotations" you claimed there were?
how do you know, you have not read the book? can you cite a single instance that you found on Google? in seconds?

F

Moves
20 Nov 15

how do you know, you have not read the book?
If you have quoted from the book extensively in discussions with R J Hinds, Jaywill and Suzzianne why not just clear this up and say where this happened and what the "extensive quotes" were?

F

Moves
20 Nov 15
1 edit

can you cite a single instance that you found on Google? in seconds?
That block of text that you posted mid way down page 9 - try googling bits of that and you'll find some of those sentences come from disparate sources and are not attributable to BeDuhn. What a mess. It took just a few seconds to realize. No wonder you acted furtively after you had posted it.

rc

Moves
20 Nov 15

Originally posted by FMF
If you have quoted from the book extensively in discussions with R J Hinds, Jaywill and Suzzianne why not just clear this up and say where this happened and what the "extensive quotes" were?
I have retracted the claim and stated that i have paraphrased the ideas? why you find that difficult to grasp i cannot say.

rc

Moves
20 Nov 15
2 edits

Originally posted by FMF
That block of text that you posted mid way down page 9 - try googling bits of that and you'll find some of those sentences come from disparate sources and are not attributable to BeDuhn. What a mess.
so you are saying that i googled those and put them together to make it look like i had read a book?

F

Moves
20 Nov 15

I have retracted the claim and stated that i have paraphrased the ideas? why you find that difficult to grasp i cannot say.
When did you retract it?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
20 Nov 15

Why must every decent thread be infected with "the FMF and Robbie Show"? It's been going on now for 10 pages, driving everyone else from the thread.

Nice hijack.

rc

Moves
20 Nov 15

Originally posted by FMF
When did you retract it?
above

F

Moves
20 Nov 15

so you are saying that i googled those and put them together to make it look like i had read a book?
No, I am saying that it was not an example of you quoting extensively from BeDuhn and that, as a reply to a request for an example of you quoting extensively from BeDuhn, it was bogus.

rc

Moves
20 Nov 15

Originally posted by Suzianne
Why must every decent thread be infected with "the FMF and Robbie Show"? It's been going on now for 10 pages, driving everyone else from the thread.

Nice hijack.
yes its true, ive had enough i should have known better, no more for me, thanks, usual nothingness, no spirituality.

F

Moves
20 Nov 15
1 edit

above
In which post/which page did you retract it?

I want to take a look at how many pages you ran with the untrue claim before admitting it was not true.

F

Moves
20 Nov 15

Originally posted by Suzianne

Nice hijack.
It's robbies' thread; I think he can discuss whatever he wants on his own threda, surely?

rc

Moves
20 Nov 15

Originally posted by FMF
No, I am saying that it was not an example of you quoting extensively from BeDuhn and that, as a reply to a request for an example of you quoting extensively from BeDuhn, it was bogus.
thanks FMF so you cannot say where i got those ideas? it would seem to any reasonable person who has read the book that they come from the actual book, but you would not know that because you have not read it.

rc

Moves
20 Nov 15

Originally posted by FMF
In which post/which page did you retract it?

I want to take a look at how many pages you ran with the untrue claim before admitting it was not true.
this is why people do not want to engage with you. I have provided two references where i quote directly from the book, another where I paraphrase the ideas. Its really quite simple, i have read the book. there is no other explanation for it. You cannot say how those ideas came to me, they cannot be googled and put together as you have claimed?