Matthew 28:18

Matthew 28:18

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

r

Moves
22 Nov 15

Originally posted by divegeester
There is an old saying which debunks this premise completely: "The proof of the pudding is in the eating." In the case of the Jehovah Witness religion here is a list of tasty morsels for you to consider:

On God...
- You have two God's. Jesus who is "Mighty God" (Isaiah) and Jehovah who is Almight God (Robbie carrobie)
- Your "Mighty God" is also a ...[text shortened]... fall foul of your erroneous doctrines is all the evidence observers need to form good judgment.
On second thought, why don't you study the Bible with JW's?
It's free. There are no strings attached and you can quit anytime you want.
The reason I suggest the study is because that way you will have a chance to really understand what JW s teach,
Then, if you want to object or criticize JW s, you can do it from a place of knowledge rather than from a place of not really knowing or understanding.

r

Moves
22 Nov 15

Originally posted by Suzianne
The truth is out there, and it's NOT on my doorstep uninvited on Saturday mornings. πŸ™
Some people would say that if Jesus came to their door.
Would you agree that would be a mistake?
I'm sorry Jesus won't be at your door. He sent his disciples to do that work so he could return to Heaven to present to his Father the value of his ransom sacrifice in order to save those of humanity that want it.

r

Moves
22 Nov 15

Originally posted by FMF
This is nothing more than you asserting that he is wrong without explanation mixed with a couple of ad hominems ~ and therefore does not appear to be a genuine contribution to the discussion. πŸ™‚
I'm sure your observation is accurate. Thanx for the heads up smiley.

F

Moves
22 Nov 15

Originally posted by roigam
I'm sure your observation is accurate. Thanx for the heads up smiley.
Do you get any guidance on how is discuss and debate things in public from your religious organisation?

F

Moves
22 Nov 15

I'm sorry Jesus won't be at your door. He sent his disciples to do that work so he could return to Heaven to present to his Father the value of his ransom sacrifice in order to save those of humanity that want it.
Are the Christians with whom you have doctrinal disagreements also "disciples" of Jesus on their own say so?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
22 Nov 15

Your understanding is miniscule but your ability to twist words and ideas is enormous.
The conclusions you have reached are around 50% correct.
You make good bad and bad good.
You are so good at twisting and misrepresenting that I have to wonder who you are?
Feel free to prove my statements incorrect anytime you wish.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
22 Nov 15

On second thought, why don't you study the Bible with JW's?
It's free. There are no strings attached and you can quit anytime you want.
The reason I suggest the study is because that way you will have a chance to really understand what JW s teach,
Then, if you want to object or criticize JW s, you can do it from a place of knowledge rather than from a place of not really knowing or understanding.
Any time you want to debate or challenge the points I've made, please feel free to do so.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
22 Nov 15

Here, you are demonstrating what I said in summation post of your religion where I Point out your use of what you consider "persecution" as a reinforcement of your delusion that you are the chose ones of God.

Being rejected on a person's doorstep because you are annoying them does not mean that the person rejecting you, would reject Christ, nor does it follow that because you as JWs are rejected that you are rejected because of the name of Jesus Christ. You are rejected because of your erroneous misanthropic doctrines about the end of the world.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
22 Nov 15

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Jesus was saying that we should have a look at ourselves first. It appears that you may have missed the entire point R J Hindu.
That was exactly my point. You JWs need to take the plank out of your own eye before going door-to-door. 😏

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
22 Nov 15

Its not good it contains known spurious text, is difficult to read. Can you tell us whats good about it?
I can tell you.

Even with its errors, the KJV of the Holy Bible is more correct on the really important things than is the NWT. For example, the NWT allows for and easy interpretation that distorts the deity of Christ, the Holy Spirit, the crucifixion, the resurrection, and the meaning of the soul, Hell, and eternal torment. 😏

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
22 Nov 15
3 edits

Excuse me but Jesus did not rise. He was resurrected by God.
------------------------------------------------------------

Even if He was He still did rise. This is just a symantic matter.

God is triune. And on one hand the Bible says God raised Him. But on the other hand He taught that He had the authority to take up His life again.

" No one takes it [His soul life] away from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have the authority to lay it down, and I have the authority to take it again. This commandment I received from My Father." (John 10:18)

God that Father did raise Him. But He also said that He would raise up the temple of His body in three days. He is God mingled with man.

"Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up. (John 2:19b) ... But He spoke of the temple of His body. When therefore He was raised from the dead, His disciples remembered that He had said this, and they believed the Scripture and the word which Jesus had spoken." (vs. 21,22)

After all, He IS "the resurrection and the life" (John 11:25)

(Acts 2:24) But,,,,, God resurrected him..... by releasing him from the pangs of death, because it was not possible for him to be held fast by it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is true. And we can still say He did RISE as He predicted -

"Then He opened their mind to understand the Scripture; And He said to them, Thus it is written, that the Christ would suffer and RISE up from the dead on the third day." (Luke 24:45,46)

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
22 Nov 15
1 edit

You also believe you are going to heaven when the Bible speaks clearly of a resurrection to the Earth.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I never write about "going to heaven" in that sense.

You are not now talking to me. You are now talking as you have been trained. You have to examine what I have believed and written on this Forum.

You are now assuming what I believe according to your manual for confronting typical Christianity. For now let's stick to the matter of Jesus being raised and exalted by the Father and being entrusted with all authority.

I enjoyed you additional references and of course believe them. But rather than jump around to another matter, for now I wish to examine more God giving all authority into the hands of the Godman Jesus.

Notice also that Christ prayed to His Father -

"And in those days He went out to the mountain to pray, and He spent the whole night in prayer to God." (Luke 6:12)

He lived a model of a human life mingled with God. He lived this way that those regenerated with His life would follow Him and live by Him the same way He lived by the Father - in dependence, in union, in mingling, and in incorporation.

" As the living Father has sent Me and I live because of the Father, so he who eats Me, he also shall live because of Me." (John 6:57)

As He was a Godman, He lived as the standard model. That is that we may "eat" Him by taking His available and living Spirit into us so that we also may lived by Him.

Jesus is God mingled with man for our living that we too may become Godmen. Check my thread on "Beyond OSAS" further discussion of living the Godman life that we may be deified.

rc

Moves
22 Nov 15

Originally posted by RJHinds
That was exactly my point. You JWs need to take the plank out of your own eye before going door-to-door. 😏
You still don't get it, you are not supposed to be looking at other people, you are supposed to be looking at yourself, wow how to thoroughly misapply a scripture twice by R J Hindu.

rc

Moves
22 Nov 15
2 edits

Originally posted by RJHinds
I can tell you.

Even with its errors, the KJV of the Holy Bible is more correct on the really important things than is the NWT. For example, the NWT allows for and easy interpretation that distorts the deity of Christ, the Holy Spirit, the crucifixion, the resurrection, and the meaning of the soul, Hell, and eternal torment. 😏
and yet when independently analyzed it came out as 'the most accurate translation' and 'a remarkably good translation'. The King James version didn't do too badly but it simply wasn't up to par probably due to the fact that the translators had fewer resources at their disposal. We have already established that you have no idea what makes a good translation and what does not and are rather unqualified to proffer any kind of credible opinion, but it sure don't stop you Foghorn Leghorn.😡

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
22 Nov 15
1 edit

You still don't get it, you are not supposed to be looking at other people, you are supposed to be looking at yourself...
Is calling me a "son of satan" repeatedly and publicly across multiple forums, the Jehovah's Witness way of demonstrating "looking at yourself"?