Matthew 28:18

Matthew 28:18

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
20 Nov 15
3 edits

Originally posted by FMF
It's robbies' thread; I think he can discuss whatever he wants on his own threda, surely?
thanks but im good and im gone, enough pettiness to last a lifetime, cya. I really should have known better to engage you to be honest. Its never worth it.

F

Moves
20 Nov 15

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
thanks FMF so you cannot say where i got those ideas?
They were easy to find ~ it took me seconds ~ using Google. Some of them were just right there on web sites I've been to before in order to find out more about these issues.

F

Moves
20 Nov 15
1 edit

I have provided two references where i quote directly from the book
Where? On the Thread 157906 you sent me to, you don't even mention Jason BeDuhn's name, let alone quote from him "extensively".

r

Moves
20 Nov 15

Originally posted by sonship
(Matthew 28:18) Jesus approached and spoke to them, saying: “All authority has been given me in heaven and on the earth.

So, who gave Jesus authority?
How would you answer?

God.
God the Father.

God is triune. He is triune for the purpose of dispensing Himself into man.

In the Bible what God does can never be separated fro ...[text shortened]... e God are for the dispensing of all that God has in His communicable attributes into His people.
You answered correctly. It was the Father, Jesus' Father, the One greater than Jesus himself,
(John 14:28) You heard that I said to you, ‘I am going away and I am coming back to you.’ If you loved me, you would rejoice that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I am.
It's not surprising that you and so many others belive in a trinity though. Your Bibles are mistranslated.
For example, if you use the KJV, Douay, Gideon, or Mormon Bibles, among others you also believe in unicorns. see Job 39:9.....
Christendom believes in fantasy, things that are not real!

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
20 Nov 15

Originally posted by roigam
You answered correctly. It was the Father, Jesus' Father, the One greater than Jesus himself,
(John 14:28) You heard that I said to you, ‘I am going away and I am coming back to you.’ If you loved me, you would rejoice that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I am.
It's not surprising that you and so many others belive in a trinity tho ...[text shortened]... lieve in unicorns. see Job 39:9.....
Didn't the JWs use the KJV extensively until they figured out it didn't support their dogma? That's when they contracted out to make a Bible that spewed their already-made dogma from beginning to end. No wonder the NWT supports their dogma, that's why it was written. Best "translation" money can buy.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
20 Nov 15

Originally posted by FMF
If you have quoted from the book extensively in discussions with R J Hinds, Jaywill and Suzzianne why not just clear this up and say where this happened and what the "extensive quotes" were?
And exactly who is this "Suzzianne" tart?

rc

Moves
20 Nov 15
1 edit

Originally posted by Suzianne
Didn't the JWs use the KJV extensively until they figured out it didn't support their dogma? That's when they contracted out to make a Bible that spewed their already-made dogma from beginning to end. No wonder the NWT supports their dogma, that's why it was written. Best "translation" money can buy.
Actually the King James version has over 400 known errors, is based on the Latin Vulgate, uses archaic English and is not accurate enough for our standards.

rc

Moves
20 Nov 15

It's not surprising that you and so many others belive in a trinity tho ...[text shortened]... lieve in unicorns. see Job 39:9.....
Suzzi believes in unicorns

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
20 Nov 15

Actually the King James version has over 400 known errors, is based on the Latin Vulgate, uses archaic English and is not accurate enough for our standards.
Your "standards"??

That's a laugh. It just doesn't support your already-made dogma, is all.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
20 Nov 15

Suzzi believes in unicorns
And who is "Suzzi", Robbbbbbie?

F

Moves
20 Nov 15

Originally posted by Suzianne
And exactly who is this "Suzzianne" tart?
My apologies for misspelling your screen name.

r

Moves
20 Nov 15
1 edit

To Suzianne:
I hope you don't believe in unicorns.
The point is we are blessed with better scholarship in our day. Why should we allow ourselves to be misled by inaccurate translations?
Don't we want to know the truth?
Wouldn't a more accurate translation help in that cause?
Our Heavenly Father wants us to know.

F

Moves
21 Nov 15

The truth is this thread was started by you and not by robbie as I'd previously thought. 🙂

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
21 Nov 15
1 edit

Originally posted by galveston75
So the point here is in Jesus's life either before while in heaven or after his birth here on earth as a human, he did not have the authority needed to rule mankind. Only his Father Jehovah has had this authority, There is also no mention of the holy spirit being a separate being from Jehovah and having been giving this authority as Jesus was anywhere in ...[text shortened]... Jesus not have this authority and what happened that now made it possible to him be given this?
The Holy Spirit or Spirit of God is mentioned in Genesis 1:2 as a part of the creation process. It should also be clear from Genesis 1:26 that God's authority and decision making was shared in creation. We also see that God is equally God with the Word, who is identified later as becoming flesh as the Son of God from the following verses.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being.

And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth.

No one has seen God at any time; the only begotten God who is in the bosom of the Father, He has explained Him.

(John 1:1-3, 14, 18 NASB)
It should be clear also that the one you call "Jehovah" is not God the Father because Moses did see Jehovah. But Jesus explaind to His disciple physically seeing himself was equal to seeing God the Father.

Philip said to Him, "Lord, show us the Father, and it is enough for us." Jesus said to him, "Have I been so long with you, and yet you have not come to know Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; how can you say, 'Show us the Father' ?"

(John 14:8-9 NASB)

Although the Word existed in the beginning in the form of God, the Word relinguished His authority to become flesh and a bond-servant as the Apostle Paul explains.

...Christ Jesus, who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men. Being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross. For this reason also, God highly exalted Him, and bestowed on Him the name which is above every name, so that at the name of Jesus EVERY KNEE WILL BOW, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and that every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

(Philippians 2:5-11 NASB)

Jesus makes reference to the former glory He had in the beginning with the Father when He prayed to the Father as follows:

"I glorified You on the earth, having accomplished the work which You have given Me to do. Now, Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was."

(John 17:4-5 NASB)

The reason I say both the Father and the Holy Spirit gave all authority to Jesus as the Son of God is because it must be with the cooperation of the Holy Spirit that the Father was able to exalt the Son so He was given all authority as Jesus described as follows:

And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit,..."

(Matthew 28:18-19 NASB)

HalleluYaH !!!
Praise the LORD !
Holy! Holy! Holy!

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
21 Nov 15
3 edits

To Suzianne:
I hope you don't believe in unicorns.
The point is we are blessed with better scholarship in our day. Why should we allow ourselves to be misled by inaccurate translations?
Wouldn't a more accurate translation help in that cause?
Our Heavenly Father wants us to know.
There is nothing wrong with believing in a unicorn, if you mean Rhinoceros unicornis, which is the scientific name for the one-horned rhinoceros and great Indian rhinoceros. The English dictionary used to define the unicorn as a one-horned rhinoceros; but when it became almost extinct, the definition was changed to a legendary one-horned horse.

It has been noted that the 13th century traveller Marco Polo claimed to have seen a unicorn in Java, but his description makes it clear to the modern reader that he actually saw a Javan rhinoceros.

Another interesting fact is the hippopotamus is sometimes called the river horse. In fact its name is made up of Greek words meaning 'river' and 'horse'. Hippos live in Africa and spend much of the day partly under the water in rivers and lakes.

At the time the NWT came out there were no qualified Hebrew or Greek scholars as members of the Watchtower Society. Also they had to make a revision when it was pointed out to them that they forgot to change certain things so it did not contradict their theology. I know a lot about the JWs because I used to study with them in my earlier years until I discovered their deceit and that they were wrong. 😏