Matthew 28:18

Matthew 28:18

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
21 Nov 15
1 edit

Originally posted by roigam
To Suzianne:
I hope you don't believe in unicorns.
The point is we are blessed with better scholarship in our day. Why should we allow ourselves to be misled by inaccurate translations?
Don't we want to know the truth?
Wouldn't a more accurate translation help in that cause?
Our Heavenly Father wants us to know.
There is an old saying which debunks this premise completely: "The proof of the pudding is in the eating." In the case of the Jehovah Witness religion here is a list of tasty morsels for you to consider:

On God...
- You have two God's. Jesus who is "Mighty God" (Isaiah) and Jehovah who is Almight God (Robbie carrobie)
- Your "Mighty God" is also an angel
- Jesus and Jehovah are separate entities. So, you have two saviours (Robbie carrobie)
- you have two "Alphas and Omegas"

On preaching the kingdom...
- you confuse your door to door proselytising with reaching the lost with the gospel
- when you are rebuffed for a anoying people on their property, you confuse this with persecution and erroneously translate that into an affirmation that you are chosen by God. I.e. We preach and are persecuted for it, christ preached and was persecuted, therefore we are God's chosen people

On discipline and authority...
- you horribly misuse the teaching about exclusion; excommunicating people when they question your teachings and methods rather than excluding repeated wilful disruptive people
- you use this as a tool to separate families and friends emotionally bullying people into submission. It is a disgusting trait of your organisation and you should all be ashamed of yourselves.
- in this forum the JW poster @beauroberts testified against your religion and was abused and called a liar by Robbie and Galveston.

On blood...
- well, it is well documented what your doctrine here does to people and you, Galveston75 and Robbie are completely incapable of explaining your position when placed in "life and death" scenarios
- you are spilt on this teaching: Galveston claims is is a "clear command of God". Robbie carrobie claims that all JWs have "free MORAL agency" to decide for themselves.
- Robbie cannot explain how it is possible to disobey the command Jehovah and in doing so remain "morally free".

What your version of the Bible says is irrelevant. How your organisation behave, how you Robbie carrobie and Galveston behave on here, the effect your organisation has on people who question it, want to leave it, or when they fall foul of your erroneous doctrines is all the evidence observers need to form good judgment.

rc

Moves
21 Nov 15

Originally posted by Suzianne
And who is "Suzzi", Robbbbbbie?
Hehe she who believes in unicorns πŸ˜€

rc

Moves
21 Nov 15

Your "standards"??

That's a laugh. It just doesn't support your already-made dogma, is all.
It was ok for the middle ages but time moves on and so does Bible translation. Lots of texts, codices and papyri have become available since then.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
21 Nov 15

I was first attracted to the JWs through their door-to-door salesmanship. They were pretty good at pointing out errors of the Roman Catholic Church as well as certain minor errors of the Protestant Christian denominations.

But once I began to discover their serious errors, it seemed to me that Jesus may have included them in mind when he said the following:

"Do not judge so that you will not be judged. For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you. Why do you look at the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' and behold, the log is in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye."

(Matthew 7:1-5 NASB)

Certainly there are specks of dust in the eye of all Christian denominations, but the JWs have a log in their own eye.

rc

Moves
21 Nov 15

Originally posted by RJHinds
I was first attracted to the JWs through their door-to-door salesmanship. They were pretty good at pointing out errors of the Roman Catholic Church as well as certain minor errors of the Protestant Christian denominations.

But once I began to discover their serious errors, it seemed to me that Jesus may have included them in mind when he said the followi ...[text shortened]... of dust in the eye of all Christian denominations, but the JWs have a log in their own eye.
[/b]
Jesus was saying that we should have a look at ourselves first. It appears that you may have missed the entire point R J Hindu.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
21 Nov 15

Originally posted by FMF
The truth is this thread was started by you and not by robbie as I'd previously thought. πŸ™‚
The truth is out there, and it's NOT on my doorstep uninvited on Saturday mornings. πŸ™

rc

Moves
21 Nov 15
1 edit

The truth is out there, and it's NOT on my doorstep uninvited on Saturday mornings. πŸ™
Meeting you on an Internet forum is traumatic enough, what it must be like when you come to the door on a Saturday morning, bleary eyed and waspish is a horrific prospect. Thankfully not all people ares so ill disposed.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
21 Nov 15
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Actually the King James version has over 400 known errors, is based on the Latin Vulgate, uses archaic English and is not accurate enough for our standards.
"You say that like it's a bad thing." πŸ˜€

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
21 Nov 15

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Meeting you on an Internet forum is traumatic enough, what it must be like when you come to the door on a Saturday morning, bleary eyed and waspish is a horrific prospect. Thankfully not all people ares so ill disposed.
You should see the Tammy Faye Bakker wanna-bes that do show up at my door with their Dennis Hopper look-a-like BFs in cowboy hats with NWTs in their hands. It's like a circus sideshow.

rc

Moves
21 Nov 15

"You say that like it's a bad thing." πŸ˜€
Its not good it contains known spurious text, is difficult to read. Can you tell us whats good about it?

rc

Moves
21 Nov 15
1 edit

You should see the Tammy Faye Bakker wanna-bes that do show up at my door with their Dennis Hopper look-a-like BFs in cowboy hats with NWTs in their hands. It's like a circus sideshow.
Nothing wrong with a little country! πŸ˜€

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
21 Nov 15
2 edits

(Matthew 28:18) Jesus approached and spoke to them, saying: “All authority has been given me in heaven and on the earth.

So, who gave Jesus authority?
How would you answer?
It is amazing to realize that all authority in the whole universe is in the hands of a MAN. We would never have thought so. And modern technology and practically every other endeavor of civilization is trying to obtain "all authority".

God has put all authority" into the hands of that Godman who died and rose - Jesus. Someone unbelievably meek yet with all authority lives in me. What a Friend to have !

This meek One also possesses all authority in the universe.

" Come to Me all who toil and are burdened, and I will give you rest.

Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am meek and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

For My yoke is easy and My burden is light." (Matt. 11:28-30, RcV)

r

Moves
22 Nov 15

Originally posted by divegeester
There is an old saying which debunks this premise completely: "The proof of the pudding is in the eating." In the case of the Jehovah Witness religion here is a list of tasty morsels for you to consider:

On God...
- You have two God's. Jesus who is "Mighty God" (Isaiah) and Jehovah who is Almight God (Robbie carrobie)
- Your "Mighty God" is also a ...[text shortened]... fall foul of your erroneous doctrines is all the evidence observers need to form good judgment.
Your understanding is miniscule but your ability to twist words and ideas is enormous.
The conclusions you have reached are around 50% correct.
You make good bad and bad good.
You are so good at twisting and misrepresenting that I have to wonder who you are?

r

Moves
22 Nov 15
1 edit

Originally posted by sonship
It is amazing to realize that [b]all authority in the whole universe is in the hands of a MAN. We would never have thought so. And modern technology and practically every other endeavor of civilization is trying to obtain "all authority".

God has put all authority" into the hands of that Godman who died and rose - Jesus. Someone unbelievably ...[text shortened]... your souls.

For My yoke is easy and My burden is light." (Matt. 11:28-30, RcV) [/b] [/quote][/b]
Excuse me but Jesus did not rise. He was resurrected by God.
(Acts 2:24) But,,,,, God resurrected him..... by releasing him from the pangs of death, because it was not possible for him to be held fast by it.

You also believe you are going to heaven when the Bible speaks clearly of a resurrection to the Earth.
(Acts 24:15) And I have hope toward God, which hope these men also look forward to, that there is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous.
(Psalm 37:11) But the meek will possess the earth, And they will find exquisite delight in the abundance of peace.
(Revelation 21:3, 4) With that I heard a loud voice from the throne say: “Look! .....The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his people. And God himself will be with them...... 4β€―And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.”
(Isaiah 11:9) They will not cause any harm Or any ruin in all my holy mountain, Because .....the earth...... will certainly be filled with the knowledge of Jehovah As the waters cover the sea.

F

Moves
22 Nov 15

Your understanding is miniscule but your ability to twist words and ideas is enormous.
The conclusions you have reached are around 50% correct.
You make good bad and bad good.
You are so good at twisting and misrepresenting that I have to wonder who you are?
This is nothing more than you asserting that he is wrong without explanation mixed with a couple of ad hominems ~ and therefore does not appear to be a genuine contribution to the discussion. πŸ™‚