Matthew 28:18

Matthew 28:18

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
22 Nov 15

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
and yet when independently analyzed it came out as 'the most accurate translation' and 'a remarkably good translation'.
Do you accept all of Jason BeDuhn's analysis or just bits of it?

rc

Moves
22 Nov 15
2 edits

I have already stated that I reject the authors claims with regard to our restoration of the divine name in the New world translation of the Holy Scriptures and I have stated why I reject those claims. Regurgitating the same old drivel again and again ad nauseam makes you possibly one of the dullest and most tedious contributors on this website without exception. I have never had a positive experience in corresponding with you over the years and I see no likelihood that its going to change. This is not intended as a personal insult merely a description of the experience of engaging with you. Perhaps someone else thinks that what you have to offer is meaningful in some way but personally I don't nor have I ever found it meaningful and I shall no longer be giving it any of my time.

rc

Moves
22 Nov 15
3 edits

Originally posted by divegeester
Is calling me a "son of satan" repeatedly and publicly across multiple forums, the Jehovah's Witness way of demonstrating "looking at yourself"?
But I do think you are a son of Satan. I may even have provided reasons why I think you are a son of Satan. If you find that difficult to deal with or accept then perhaps you might be better off placed if you applied the words of Christ for as far as i can tell your entire posting history is one of attempting to point out the errors of others and if you cannot do that you simply fabricate values to provide a catalyst for doing that. Again you are quite possibly one of the dullest and most tedious contributors to this website, without exception. I don't say that as a personal insult, it has simply been my experience of engaging with you over the years. I do not think I have ever found what you have to say meaningful in any tangible way and I will no longer be giving what you have to say any more of my attention because quite frankly its an exercise in futility.

F

Moves
22 Nov 15

I have already stated that I reject the authors claims with regard to our restoration of the divine name in the New world translation of the Holy Scriptures and I have stated why I reject those claims. Regurgitating the same old drivel again and again ad nauseam makes you possibly one of the dullest and most tedious contributors on this website without exception. I have never had a positive experience in corresponding with you over the years and I see no likelihood that its going to change. This is not intended as a personal insult merely a description of the experience of engaging with you. Perhaps someone else thinks that what you have to offer is meaningful in some way but personally I don't nor have I ever found it meaningful and I shall no longer be giving it any of my time.

So does this mean you accept all of Jason BeDuhn's analysis of the NT in the NWT or only the bits of his analysis that suit you and your organisation?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
22 Nov 15

But I do think you are a son of Satan. I may even have provided reasons why I think you are a son of Satan. If you find that difficult to deal with or accept then perhaps you might be better off placed if you applied the words of Christ for as far as i can tell your entire posting history is one of attempting to point out the errors of others and i ...[text shortened]... what you have to say any more of my attention because quite frankly its an exercise in futility.
Ad hominem much?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
22 Nov 15

But I do think you are a son of Satan. I may even have provided reasons why I think you are a son of Satan. If you find that difficult to deal with or accept then perhaps you might be better off placed if you applied the words of Christ for as far as i can tell your entire posting history is one of attempting to point out the errors of others and i ...[text shortened]... what you have to say any more of my attention because quite frankly its an exercise in futility.
An extraordinary outburst from you Robbie.

And no, you have never provided reasons as to why you think I'm a "son of satan". Please feel free to expand upon this particularly nasty ad hominem and please feel free to do so in all the forums if you like.

It is amusing that you feel I "have difficulty accepting" your ad hominem, you seem to think I chase you down about it because it bothers me - I don't - I chase you down about it because it reveals you for what you are.

So to sum up your mud-sling here: I am a dull and boring son of satan. How disappointing, I'm sure there must some holywood charismatic charm to the this role you have assigned me.

😡

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
22 Nov 15
1 edit

Says the man who chastises others for 'making it personal'. Comedy gold as usual Robert. 😞

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
22 Nov 15

Originally posted by FMF
This is nothing more than you asserting that he is wrong without explanation mixed with a couple of ad hominems ~ and therefore does not appear to be a genuine contribution to the discussion. πŸ™‚
It is also an example of "subjectivity", which you have defined elsewhere as the "lifeblood" of a "debate and discussion" forum.

So which is it?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
22 Nov 15

Originally posted by roigam
On second thought, why don't you study the Bible with JW's?
It's free. There are no strings attached and you can quit anytime you want.
The reason I suggest the study is because that way you will have a chance to really understand what JW s teach,
Then, if you want to object or criticize JW s, you can do it from a place of knowledge rather than from a place of not really knowing or understanding.
"Come to the Dark Side, Luke."

rc

Moves
22 Nov 15
1 edit

Originally posted by Suzianne
"Come to the Dark Side, Luke."
I think its more of a, even Darth Vader had some good in him, there may be hope for you yet.😡

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
22 Nov 15

Originally posted by roigam
Some people would say that if Jesus came to their door.
Would you agree that would be a mistake?
I'm sorry Jesus won't be at your door. He sent his disciples to do that work so he could return to Heaven to present to his Father the value of his ransom sacrifice in order to save those of humanity that want it.
Do they represent Jesus, or do they really represent Archangel Michael?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
22 Nov 15

I think its more of a, even Darth Vader had some good in him, there may be hope for you yet.😡
You're not exactly getting it. In this scenario, YOU are "Darth Vader".

I present, as evidence, your collusion with scum like Mctayto and Vespin in attempting to bring down the Clan system. That kinda makes all your words in this forum as the ramblings of a hypocrite. Not a lot of "Golden Rule" going on there.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
22 Nov 15

I have already stated that I reject the authors claims with regard to our restoration of the divine name in the New world translation of the Holy Scriptures and I have stated why I reject those claims. Regurgitating the same old drivel again and again ad nauseam makes you possibly one of the dullest and most tedious contributors on this website witho ...[text shortened]... y I don't nor have I ever found it meaningful and I shall no longer be giving it any of my time.
"Restoration". Yeah, right. The rest of us call it "insertion". You know, "adding unto" the Word of God? Good luck with all those plagues.

rc

Moves
22 Nov 15
1 edit

You're not exactly getting it. In this scenario, YOU are "Darth Vader".

I present, as evidence, your collusion with scum like Mctayto and Vespin in attempting to bring down the Clan system. That kinda makes all your words in this forum as the ramblings of a hypocrite. Not a lot of "Golden Rule" going on there.
No i don't think you are correct, I am not Darth Vader I am Hans Solo, folk hero and legend. I resent you terming people scum. This designation marks your hypocrisy and you are unfit to call yourself a Christian. Perhaps if you simply apply Jesus own words to have a good hard look at yourself you just may do better. You could hardly do any worse than you are doing at present for you come across as bitter, caustic and contentious all evidence of having the spirit of disobedience rather than Gods holy spirit, which is peaceable.

rc

Moves
22 Nov 15

"Restoration". Yeah, right. The rest of us call it "insertion". You know, "adding unto" the Word of God? Good luck with all those plagues.
Restoring something that was there originally is not in any sense of the word adding to it, nor can it be. Did you really think about your statement prior to typing it, did you, really?