Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Spirituality

Spirituality

  1. 09 Mar '05 17:15
    Does God wipe peoples' memory in heaven? In this case I'm thinking of an 11 year-old female victim of BTK; bound, tortured, hung alone in her parents' basement. Seems like a horrific memory to hold for eternity.
  2. Standard member Darfius
    The Apologist
    09 Mar '05 17:23
    Originally posted by eagles54
    Does God wipe peoples' memory in heaven? In this case I'm thinking of an 11 year-old female victim of BTK; bound, tortured, hung alone in her parents' basement. Seems like a horrific memory to hold for eternity.
    Yes. He says He wipes all our tears away. Thinking about terrible stuff like that or family members in hell would cause us to cry. Those get erased.
  3. Standard member DoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    09 Mar '05 17:25
    Originally posted by Darfius
    Yes. He says He wipes all our tears away. Thinking about terrible stuff like that or family members in hell would cause us to cry. Those get erased.
    Wouildn't it also be true that those in heaven cannot observe or interact with the living on Earth?
  4. Standard member Darfius
    The Apologist
    09 Mar '05 17:27
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Wouildn't it also be true that those in heaven cannot observe or interact with the living on Earth?
    Only angels can do that. There is no precedence in the Bible of the dead contacticing the living. There are incidences of the living being punished for attempting to contact the dead.

    Ghosts, if they are real, are demons or fallen angels.
  5. Standard member DoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    09 Mar '05 17:28
    What I mean is that if I had a grandfather in heaven, he wouldn't be able to see me sin or know about me sinning on Earth, for that would sadden him. Is that correct?
  6. Standard member Darfius
    The Apologist
    09 Mar '05 17:30
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    What I mean is that if I had a grandfather in heaven, he wouldn't be able to see me sin or know about me sinning on Earth, for that would sadden him. Is that correct?
    Absolutely.
  7. Standard member DoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    09 Mar '05 17:31
    Originally posted by Darfius
    Absolutely.
    Very good. Does it follow that a widow should feel no remorse about remarrying?
  8. 09 Mar '05 17:33
    Originally posted by Darfius
    Yes. He says He wipes all our tears away. Thinking about terrible stuff like that or family members in hell would cause us to cry. Those get erased.
    Wouldn't that lead to confusion because of huge gaps in one's life which are completely inexplicable?
  9. Standard member Darfius
    The Apologist
    09 Mar '05 17:50
    Originally posted by eagles54
    Wouldn't that lead to confusion because of huge gaps in one's life which are completely inexplicable?
    It's not entirely explained to us. All I know is that God would not take away something and replace it with something worse.
  10. Standard member Darfius
    The Apologist
    09 Mar '05 17:52
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Very good. Does it follow that a widow should feel no remorse about remarrying?
    None. However, she should only marry another Christian man.
  11. 09 Mar '05 19:22
    Originally posted by Darfius
    None. However, she should only marry another Christian man.
    Why?
  12. Standard member Darfius
    The Apologist
    09 Mar '05 19:23
    Originally posted by eagles54
    Why?
    Because if she married a non-Christian man, her love for him might cause her to do things to risk her salvation, and it would be particularly risky for the child, should they have one.
  13. 09 Mar '05 19:30
    Originally posted by Darfius
    Because if she married a non-Christian man, her love for him might cause her to do things to risk her salvation, and it would be particularly risky for the child, should they have one.
    Why do you feel that only a Christian can practice compassion and a deeply spiritual way of life? That is the height of arrogance and it's quite a slap in the face to many, many good people who are not of your faith.
  14. 09 Mar '05 19:34 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by Darfius
    Because if she married a non-Christian man, her love for him might cause her to do things to risk her salvation, and it would be particularly risky for the child, should they have one.
    Have you not yet loved someone so much that you would not only risk your salvation, but give them your place in heaven if that were necssary and possible?

    (I recall someplace in his letters where Paul said he would give up his place in the kingdom for others; I have been searching, but haven't found it yet. Do you know the verse?)
  15. Standard member Darfius
    The Apologist
    09 Mar '05 19:40
    Originally posted by vistesd
    Have you not yet loved someone so much that you would not only risk your salvation, but give them your place in heaven if that were necssary and possible?

    (I recall someplace in his letters where Paul said he would give up his place ib the kingdom for others; I have been searching, but haven't found it yet. Do you know the verse?)
    I wouldn't give up my salvation for anyone. Ever. And Jesus commands us to love Him more than anyone else.