1. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    11 Mar '05 23:38
    Originally posted by thesonofsaul
    How can you say that you can prove that God exists beyond doubt and then say that everything requires faith? Talk about gibberish.

... --- ...
    You're right. Beyond reasonable doubt. I suppose I should be precise in everything I say for people like saul.
  2. R.I.P.
    Moves
    12 Mar '05 00:18
    Originally posted by Darfius
    So even given the premise that God exists and Jesus was God incarnate, you can only believe that story if Jesus used CPR to bring him back?
    Yes & No,
    I don't believe that the event as occured in the NT literally happened. However I can think of one other alternative which may also explain the event:

I've mentioned before the holy guy in india, Sai Baba. He has a lot of followers (100,000+) and apparantly performs miracles, producing gifts from thin air, or magical eggs from his mouth. However there is some evidence from his former students that he does this by sleight of hand. Now don't take offense when I say this, but the event could have been a ruse to trick people into believing that Jesus is the son of god.

3. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    12 Mar '05 01:24
    Everything requires faith, Nemesio. That is the point I am trying to make.
    Ok. That is fine. Just as long as you don't claim your faith is more credible
    than anybody else's faith, you won't find an argument from me.

Nemesio
  4. England
    Moves
    12 Mar '05 13:22
    Only angels can do that. There is no precedence in the Bible of the dead contacticing the living. There are incidences of the living being punished for attempting to contact the dead.

Ghosts, if they are real, are demons or fallen angels.
    i ve been away for a while so sorry i have just joined this debate, yes there is a story of the dead being contacted as king saul did to samual by a medium, who told him his life was to end as his family also, and David will be king. but in genral the quote is why what has the dead to do with the living let them worry about the dead.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree