Memory in heaven?

Memory in heaven?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Apologist

Moves
11 Mar 05

Originally posted by thesonofsaul
There is no Christian God. There is only God. Or are you saying that a mere human or group of humans can claim God as property?

And as for my previous comment, there was no claim involved, only the common sense argument that inability to prove one thing cannot assist the proof of another. In other words, if we cannot even prove our own existence, ...[text shortened]... ve in God because I need Him in my life. There is no proof, nor should there be.

... --- ...
Who claims God? We claim God is our Lord and master. Your god is a figment of your imagination. He is who you want him to be. Loving enough to make you, but not fair enough to punish those who abuse his creation.

My God is logical, loving, fair, and spoke to His creation.

t
King of the Ashes

Trying to rise ....

Moves
11 Mar 05

No, your God is a figment. Gee, how I love a mature discussion.

And you don't claim God as your lord and master. You claim the Bible as your lord and master, and the church as the only voice that can traslate commands from this paper idol.

This is not about God ability to punish. It is about what is a punishable offense. God is not human. God is God. He does not feel spite, hatred, jealousy, or disgust, like the human-like tyrant your paper prop seems to suggest.

I am getting more and more upset about your need to insert your own misconseptions about me into what I say. If you have any questions about what I believe, ask. Please don't assume. You may find that we have a good many beliefs in common.

And you wonder why so few people like you in this forum.

... --- ...

The Apologist

Moves
11 Mar 05

No, your God is a figment. Gee, how I love a mature discussion.

And you don't claim God as your lord and master. You claim the Bible as your lord and master, and the church as the only voice that can traslate commands from this paper idol.

This is not about God ability to punish. It is about what is a punishable offense. God is not human. Go ...[text shortened]... beliefs in common.

And you wonder why so few people like you in this forum.

... --- ...
God is my Lord and Master. There, just did it. By the way, I'm not Catholic. I interpret the Bible for myself. Though there's not much interpretation, it's pretty straightforward.

Oh but He IS all-loving, eh? Tell me, why is that human emotion applied to your god?

t
King of the Ashes

Trying to rise ....

Moves
11 Mar 05

Originally posted by Darfius
God is my Lord and Master. There, just did it. By the way, I'm not Catholic. I interpret the Bible for myself. Though there's not much interpretation, it's pretty straightforward.

Oh but He IS all-loving, eh? Tell me, why is that human emotion applied to your god?
We use the word "love" to mean so many things. In truth, love is just the closest concept I have for what I feel for God and what I hope he feels for me. I cannot truly apply the human Eglish language concept of love to God. All that I know is that when I open up my heart and give up myself, I feel something spectacular. I call this love, for I am a very limited creature as we all are, but it is something far greater than anything that I can every hope to comprehend in this life.

... --- ...

JP

R.I.P.

Moves
11 Mar 05
1 edit

I can say for certain God exists. If you are openminded, I can prove it to you without a shadow of a doubt. If you are not, I cannot.
Ok I'm all ears, I'll try to be open minded, but I warn you I will be testing whatever it is that have posted.

t
King of the Ashes

Trying to rise ....

Moves
11 Mar 05

Originally posted by Jay Peatea
Ok I'm all ears, I'll try to be open minded, but I warn you I will be testing whatever it is that have posted.
What he means by "open-minded" is "completely agreeable." Which means no testing. You have to learn how to speak Darfiusese.

... --- ...

JP

R.I.P.

Moves
11 Mar 05

What he means by "open-minded" is "completely agreeable." Which means no testing. You have to learn how to speak Darfiusese.

... --- ...
Lets just wait and see what he comes up with, he might surprise us🙂

Ursulakantor

Pittsburgh, PA

Moves
11 Mar 05

I'd like you to prove that you exist. Right now I'm taking a leap of faith that you do. You could be a computer automotan.
I guess you don't want to have a fair discussion, then.

You want me to accept your assumptions, but won't accept mine.

If you would be unwilling to believe I exist, then there is no way
that you could prove God exists.

I will accept only my above terms: for every assumption based on
faith you ask me to make, I will ask you to make one.

This sounds totally fair to me. If you feel it is unfair, then please tell
me why.

Nemesio

JP

R.I.P.

Moves
11 Mar 05
2 edits

Why exactly do you think the information in the NT is somewhat fabricated? What is your basis? Have you exhaustively studied it (both secular and Christian scholars)? Do you reject it because it contains somewhat spectacular claims? W ...[text shortened]... HOULD a God make? "I can jump higher than you?"

[/b]
Here is an example of paragraph where I believe that some sort of fabrication exists
Luke 7 11-15

7:11 And it came to pass the day after, that he went into a city called Nain; and many of his disciples went with him, and much people.
7:12 Now when he came nigh to the gate of the city, behold, there was a dead man carried out, the only son of his mother, and she was a widow: and much people of the city was with her.
7:13 And when the Lord saw her, he had compassion on her, and said unto her, Weep not.
7:14 And he came and touched the bier: and they that bare [him] stood still. And he said, Young man, I say unto thee, Arise.
7:15 And he that was dead sat up, and began to speak. And he delivered him to his mother.

I have to say that I doubt that something like this can happen that way. A practical alternative could be that Jesus was versed in some sort of ancient version of CPR (laying on hands?) and in that respect yes maybe he did bring back to life somebody from death. It would only take a relatively minor number of people too passed this story on to one an another (chinese whispers fashion) for the story to become less accurate, and more exaggerated. Even if it the event was written some years after it happen by a person who had witnessed it, the story would be marginally different.
Also there would have undoubtly been some sort of editing to make the feat more wonderous, and thus more appealing to attract members. It is afterall a fairly natural (& common) thing for a leader or somebody in power to do this.

The Apologist

Moves
11 Mar 05

We use the word "love" to mean so many things. In truth, love is just the closest concept I have for what I feel for God and what I hope he feels for me. I cannot truly apply the human Eglish language concept of love to God. All that I know is that when I open up my heart and give up myself, I feel something spectacular. I call this love, for I am ...[text shortened]... thing far greater than anything that I can every hope to comprehend in this life.

... --- ...
That was the most beautiful complete gibberish I've seen in a long time.

The Apologist

Moves
11 Mar 05
1 edit

Start a new thread please. I despise multiple conversations in one thread.

Preferably a debate thread between you and I.

The Apologist

Moves
11 Mar 05

Originally posted by Nemesio
I guess you don't want to have a fair discussion, then.

You want me to accept your assumptions, but won't accept mine.

If you would be unwilling to believe I exist, then there is no way
that you could prove God exists.

I will accept only my above terms: for every assumption based on
faith you ask me to make, I will ask you to make one.

This sounds totally fair to me. If you feel it is unfair, then please tell
me why.

Nemesio
Everything requires faith, Nemesio. That is the point I am trying to make.

The Apologist

Moves
11 Mar 05

Here is an example of paragraph where I believe that some sort of fabrication exists
Luke 7 11-15

7:11 And it came to pass the day after, that he went into a city called Nain; and many of his disciples went with him, and much people.
7:12 Now when he came nigh to the gate of the city, behold, there was a dead man carried out, the only son of his mot ...[text shortened]... . It is afterall a fairly natural (& common) thing for a leader or somebody in power to do this.
So even given the premise that God exists and Jesus was God incarnate, you can only believe that story if Jesus used CPR to bring him back?

t
King of the Ashes

Trying to rise ....

Moves
11 Mar 05

That was the most beautiful complete gibberish I've seen in a long time.
Obviously you don't listen to yourself.

t
King of the Ashes

Trying to rise ....

Moves
11 Mar 05

Everything requires faith, Nemesio. That is the point I am trying to make.
How can you say that you can prove that God exists beyond doubt and then say that everything requires faith? Talk about gibberish.

... --- ...