1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    18 Mar '06 20:43
    Originally posted by ivanhoe
    Sonhouse: "But I could not stand the Jesus born of mary through the immaculate conception bla bla bla crap every single sunday."

Sonhouse clearly refers to Jesus' birth as the immaculate conception. His ignorance concerning this issue clearly shows. On top of that it is he who is being disrespectful and arrogant. The above quote tells it all.
    I've already explained the difference between A "immaculate conception" (which Jesus' certainly was in Christian doctrine) and THE "Immaculate Conception" (which is a doctrine regarding Mary that is peculiar to the RCC so far as I know). Calling someone "ignorant" for stating something that is basically correct just because it conflicts with what words should be capitalized according to one particular religion is arrogant.
  2. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    18 Mar '06 20:45
    Originally posted by bbarr
    Doesn't the immaculate conception refer to Mary's being saved from original sin at the time of her conception?
    It’s important to understand what the doctrine of the Immaculate Conception is and what it is not. Some people think the term refers to Christ’s conception in Mary’s womb without the intervention of a human father; but that is the Virgin Birth. Others think the Immaculate Conception means Mary was conceived "by the power of the Holy Spirit," in the way Jesus was, but that, too, is incorrect. The Immaculate Conception means that Mary, whose conception was brought about the normal way, was conceived without original sin or its stain—that’s what "immaculate" means: without stain. The essence of original sin consists in the deprivation of sanctifying grace, and its stain is a corrupt nature. Mary was preserved from these defects by God’s grace; from the first instant of her existence she was in the state of sanctifying grace and was free from the corrupt nature original sin brings.
    http://www.catholic.com/library/Immaculate_Conception_and_Assum.asp
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    18 Mar '06 23:50
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    It’s important to understand what the doctrine of the Immaculate Conception is and what it is not. Some people think the term refers to Christ’s conception in Mary’s womb without the intervention of a human father; but that is the Virgin Birth. Others think the Immaculate Conception means Mary was conceived "by the power of the Holy Spirit," in the way Jes ...[text shortened]... e original sin brings.
    So god itself decided ONE person on the planet should be without sin
    and the other 5,999,999,999 are screwed, unless of course you accept JC and the gang as your personal savior. Poor muslims, are they gonna be suprised. And all those hindu's, shamans, Jaynes, and the rest, utterly doomed. I guess I better rejoin my church before its too late then.
  4. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    18 Mar '06 23:59
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So god itself decided ONE person on the planet should be without sin
    You mistake me for a Catholic. The source:

I guess I better rejoin my church before its too late then.
    Thankfully, church membership is not a requirement. Acceptance of the gift of salvation, however, is the only requirement.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Mar '06 00:11
    Originally posted by knightmeister

"The God I believe in is not the God you don't believe in" CS LEWIS[/b]
    ... or it may be that the relationship you have to God is different to Sonhouses, which contains different purposes and plans for the both of your lives. i don't know, but you could met up further down the road. this could be scary.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    19 Mar '06 00:37
    Originally posted by Kaboooomba
    ... or it may be that the relationship you have to God is different to Sonhouses, which contains different purposes and plans for the both of your lives. i don't know, but you could met up further down the road. this could be scary.
    I hope the purpose of my life is to render christianity and islam toothless, outmoded, to say nothing of moot. The faster those two so-called religions are wiped from the face of the earth, the faster the human race will both grow up and become peacefull. Maybe a pipedream but the world would definitely be a nicer place without the deaths, jihads, crusades, bigotry, violence against women, even though all those happen elsewhere I can't help but think it would be one percent of what it is now without those two insane relgions ruling large parts of the world.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Mar '06 00:39

Thankfully, church membership is not a requirement. Acceptance of the gift of salvation, however, is the only requirement.[/b]
    the gift of salvation... Jesus.

... so to gain your entry into heaven when you die, i believe you get judged on your belief in Jesus. your life gets played over and EVERYTHING is brought out into the light to prove that you actually did. if you believe in Jesus then your motives 'which God judges' would have been to live your life acceptable to Jesus. god/God is a valid point sonhouse has brought up here.
  8. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    19 Mar '06 03:56
    I hope the purpose of my life is to render christianity and islam toothless, outmoded, to say nothing of moot. The faster those two so-called religions are wiped from the face of the earth, the faster the human race will both grow up and become peacefull. Maybe a pipedream but the world would definitely be a nicer place without the deaths, jihads, crusades, ...[text shortened]... ne percent of what it is now without those two insane relgions ruling large parts of the world.
    Those who refuse to learn from history are doomed to repeat it. Take a look at Joe Stalin sometime.
  9. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    19 Mar '06 03:57
    the gift of salvation... Jesus.

... so to gain your entry into heaven when you die, i believe you get judged on your belief in Jesus. your life gets played over and EVERYTHING is brought out int ...[text shortened]... to live your life acceptable to Jesus. god/God is a valid point sonhouse has brought up here.
    Non-meritorious faith is sans work.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Mar '06 07:41
    Non-meritorious faith is sans work.
    god/God? you belittle me over some sort of power you think you are. your god is NOT mine!
  11. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    19 Mar '06 15:07
    god/God? you belittle me over some sort of power you think you are. your god is NOT mine!
    Belittle?
  12. Joined
    28 Aug '05
    Moves
    19 Mar '06 18:07
    What do you think?
    There are a lot but here is one that sticks in my craw:
    Original Sin. Now there is a nice lovely concept only a true forgiving god would have invented, eh.
    Hey Kid, I am your father, yea do I verily say unto you, thou art vile from thy very birth. Thou must accept the lord jesus christ as your personal savior or thou be damned to bur ...[text shortened]... ble kids get that rot at a very young age and no wonder they fall into the trap of christianity.
    All social ideologies culturally indocrinate, not just religion and not just christianity......
    You need to address all 'regimes of 'truth' as discourse (foucault) not just one fragmented aspect
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    19 Mar '06 18:411 edit
    Originally posted by Vladamir no1
    All social ideologies culturally indocrinate, not just religion and not just christianity......
    You need to address all 'regimes of 'truth' as discourse (foucault) not just one fragmented aspect
    I just listed one aspect I consider utter rot. I have a list of grievances a lot larger than just that believe me. And I just don't pick on christianity, which you may notice I don't dignify with capitalization.
    I also have grievous issues with islam and scientology which I have mentioned before. You don't get into either of those and try to leave unscathed. But that barely scratches the surface of the insanity of those three. The only thing you can say in scientologies favor is it hasn't been around long enough to generate the kind of deathdealing dogma of the other two. Hey, give them time. Give them time.
  14. Standard membergollumprawn
    it's mine
    manchester, england
    Moves
    19 Mar '06 22:02
    Well it for sure doesn't effect the dead one but I guess it makes the survivers feel better. I think thats the main thrust of religious feeling, its an emotion. Unfortunately power hungry cretins take advantage of that fact to create religions that curiously enough seem to deal the leaders with many advantages, just co-incidence, eh.
    if my child was baptized whilst he was dead against my consent and his or hers, i would be in a murderous rage against that sect in a salty place. 😠😳😠😠😠
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Mar '06 00:22
    Belittle?
    faith?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree