1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Feb '17 03:32
    Originally posted by sonship
    You do that if they are really your friends. Tell them the truth.
    This question is related to your humanity and your perception of galveston75's humanity as seen through the prism of your religious beliefs.

There are significant differences between your god figure and galveston75's god figure, albeit rooted in more or less the same texts.

Do you believe that your god figure wants galveston75, after a long life if sincere service and piety, at his age, to endure disfellowship, ostracisation, loss of friends, disruption of family, all on account of adhering to pronouncements and urgings that you happen to make about doctrine?

Do you sincerely believe he should do that with his life and that your god figure cannot look into his heart and disagree with your ideological prescription?

What's at stake for galveston75 in your view? A neverending dose of "perfect justice"?

My question pertains to your humanity, sonship, rather than your personal theological preoccupations.
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    07 Feb '17 03:39
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Why are you pretending to not understand the double standard?

This is what you wrote:
    And even more so today with the churches allowing elements such as opening their doors to homosexuality. Even the basic morals and laws God set himself down in writing in the book called the Bible, are longer honored and followed.

This was my re ...[text shortened]... ople and don't hold them to the same standards as homosexuals, then they have a double standard.
    I believe I answered you pretty clearly.
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    07 Feb '17 03:40
    [b] We revolt against the new testament?
    -------------------------------------------------------------

Yes

Really?
    ------------------

Yes. Really.

Not aware of that.
    ---------------------------------

That's possible. That's why I told you, to make you aware.

I guess at my next meeting I'll have to pass that news ...[text shortened]... ----------------------

You do that if they are really your friends.
    Tell them the truth.
    You got it......
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    08 Feb '17 00:29
    [b] We revolt against the new testament?
    -------------------------------------------------------------

Yes

Really?
    ------------------

Yes. Really.

Not aware of that.
    ---------------------------------

That's possible. That's why I told you, to make you aware.

I guess at my next meeting I'll have to pass that news ...[text shortened]... ----------------------

You do that if they are really your friends.
    Tell them the truth.
    You are also invited to go to JW.ORG to check out any article you would like to pick out, it doesn't matter, and see if you think we have revolted against the new testament. Let me know what you find!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree