1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    06 Feb '17 16:42
    Originally posted by FMF
    Why quote one of those rules then if it was "cancelled out" by Jesus?
    Matt 5:17 “Do not think I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I came, not to destroy, but to fulfill. Jesus's own words.

Gal 5:14 "For the entire Law has been fulfilled in one commandment, namely: “You must love your neighbor as yourself.”

Jesus was the only human to never sin. Because of this, it now cancelled out the need for these old laws, hundreds of them. Now Jesus gave a new command for his followers to live by as stated in Galatians. If one were to actually do all that is possible with this new law of love, that would cover all the old laws. Read thru a couple pages of the old laws and see how loving your neighbor and yourself would replace then need of those old laws.
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    06 Feb '17 16:42
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Binding? Please explain.
    Could you still explain this?
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    06 Feb '17 16:43
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    HIS GOVERNMENT?

You need to have your head examined and placed in an asylum if you think Gods government is made up of a bunch of false prophets.
    Lol. So do you qualify to be in this government?
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Feb '17 17:362 edits
    Now Jesus gave a new command for his followers to live by as stated in Galatians

What Galatians states is that Jesus Christ was revealed in Paul.

"But when it pleased God, who set me apart from my mother's womb and called me through His grace,

To reveal His Son in me ... " (Gal. 1:15,16a)

The resurrected Christ must then be in a form in which He could be revealed in Paul.

What Galatians says is that Paul labored that Christ would be formed in the Galatian Christians.

" My children, with whom I travail again in birth until Christ be formed in you." (Gal. 4:19)

He is speaking about Christ revealed in them and formed in them until, like him, they also could say that it was Christ who lived in them.

"I am crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but it is Christ who lives in me" ...(Gal. 2:20a)

What Galatians says is the the believers have put Christ on.

"For as many as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ" (Gal. 3:27)

The resurrected Jesus Christ is therefore to be revealed in, formed in, and put on be those who walk according the Holy Spirit. That is the Holy Spirit which you say is not a living Person. Galatians shows Him crying "Abba Father" in the believers.

"And because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into our hearts, crying, Abba, Father! " (Gal. 4:6)

So the Christ revealed in Christian and who is to be formed in believers and Whom the believers have put on is the living Holy Spirit.

Galatians says that they began their Christian life by receiving this Person of the Holy Spirit.

"Are you so foolish? Having begun by the Spirit, are you now being perfected by the flesh?" (3:3)

Galatians says that the promised blessing of Abraham was that we should receive this Spirit.

"In order that the blessing of Abraham might come to the Gentiles in Christ Jesus, that we should receive the promise of the Spirit through faith." (3:14)

You insert your man made ideas about the Third of the Triune God, the Holy Spirit, because you have not received through faith Jesus Christ into your heart.

Until you through faith receive the resurrected Jesus Christ who became a life giving Spirit -
    "The last Adam became a life giving Spirit" (1 Cor. 15:45)

you can speak nothing about walking and living by that Holy Spirit.

"But I say, Walk by the Spirit and you shall by no means fulfill the lust of the flesh." (5:16)

Galatians says that the Christian should walk by this Person of the Holy Spirit because they have their new life by that same Person.

"If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit." (5:25)
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    06 Feb '17 18:11
    Sorry but what does all this have to do with the subject?
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    06 Feb '17 18:13
    Lol. So do you qualify to be in this government?
    You start to sound like some of these half-baked socalled Christians around here who think they have some right to ask personal questions about if I qualify or if I sin or if I have eternal life and other such dumb questions.

As for your question, whether or not I quality for anything is not your concern.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Feb '17 18:342 edits
    Sorry but what does all this have to do with the subject?
    Because of this, it now cancelled out the need for these old laws, hundreds of them. Now Jesus gave a new command for his followers to live by as stated in Galatians.

- galvaston

Relevance:
    In talking about the book of Galatians you don't know what you're talking about - as a Jehovah's Witness. Your organization that teaches you is in desperate revolt against the New Testament, in particular Galatians.
  8. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    06 Feb '17 22:071 edit
    Not surprised that G75 refuses to even acknowledge the following - no less address it. It exposes the JWs for the very hypocrites that Jesus so often warned against.

And even more so today with the churches allowing elements such as opening their doors to homosexuality. Even the basic morals and laws God set himself down in writing in the book called the Bible, are longer honored and followed.

Some years back, the double standard that some churches have of not "allowing elements such as opening their doors to homosexuality", yet allowing elements such as opening their doors to greed, gluttony, etc., was discussed.

Do the JWs still employ such a double standard?
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    07 Feb '17 00:181 edit
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    You start to sound like some of these half-baked socalled Christians around here who think they have some right to ask personal questions about if I qualify or if I sin or if I have eternal life and other such dumb questions.

As for your question, whether or not I quality for anything is not your concern.
    Well there is just so much you don't seem to see like simple scriptures that condemns homosexuality as well as the trinity and a few other things.
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    07 Feb '17 00:24
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Not surprised that G75 refuses to even acknowledge the following - no less address it. It exposes the JWs for the very hypocrites that Jesus so often warned against.

[b]And even more so today with the churches allowing elements such as opening their doors to homosexuality. Even the basic morals and laws God set himself down in writing in the bo ...[text shortened]... reed, gluttony, etc., was discussed.

We are all imperfect and fall short. Even if a new person that may come in the congregation has the problems we will help all that we can. But it it's established that this is the way they want to be and do not want help and are a danger to the congregations then yes they would be asked to leave.
    I'm not aware or have ever seen this so called double standard thing you are accusing us of. Would you like to share your proof that this is something we double standard about?
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    07 Feb '17 00:25
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne

[b]And even more so today with the churches allowing elements such as opening their doors to homosexuality. Even the basic morals and laws God set himself down in writing in the bo ...[text shortened]... reed, gluttony, etc., was discussed.

I didn't respond because I have hardly been on my computer today. So very sorry about that!!!!! 🙁
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    07 Feb '17 00:26
    Originally posted by sonship
    Because of this, it now cancelled out the need for these old laws, hundreds of them. Now Jesus gave a new command for his followers to live by as stated in Galatians.

- galvaston

Relevance:
    In talking about the book of [b]Galatians
    you don't know what you're talking about - as a Jehovah's Witness. Your organization that teaches ...[text shortened]... you is in desperate revolt against the New Testament, in particular Galatians. [/b]
    We revolt against the new testament? Really? Not aware of that. I guess at my next meeting I'll have to pass that news along.
  13. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    07 Feb '17 00:49
    We are all imperfect and fall short. Even if a new person that may come in the congregation has the problems we will help all that we can. But it it's established that this is the way they want to be and do not want help and are a danger to the congregations then yes they would be asked to leave.
    I'm not aware or have ever seen this so called double st ...[text shortened]... using us of. Would you like to share your proof that this is something we double standard about?
    Why are you pretending to not understand the double standard?

This is what you wrote:
    And even more so today with the churches allowing elements such as opening their doors to homosexuality. Even the basic morals and laws God set himself down in writing in the book called the Bible, are longer honored and followed.

This was my response:
    Some years back, the double standard that some churches have of not "allowing elements such as opening their doors to homosexuality", yet allowing elements such as opening their doors to greed, gluttony, etc., was discussed.

The double standard referred to in that discussion are churches that ban homosexuals, yet allow gluttons, the greedy, etc.

At that time it became clear that the JWs were such an organization. Is this still true today?

If JWs allow obese people and don't hold them to the same standards as homosexuals, then they have a double standard.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Feb '17 02:11
    We are no longer under all those rules [in Levicitus] as Jesus cancelled the old Mosaic laws out.
    Why quote one of those rules then if it was "cancelled out" by Jesus?
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Feb '17 02:43
    We revolt against the new testament? Really? Not aware of that. I guess at my next meeting I'll have to pass that news along.
    We revolt against the new testament?
    -------------------------------------------------------------

Yes

Really?
    ------------------

Yes. Really.

Not aware of that.
    ---------------------------------

That's possible. That's why I told you, to make you aware.

I guess at my next meeting I'll have to pass that news along.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You do that if they are really your friends.
    Tell them the truth.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree