Muslim Murdered by Hindus for Allegedly Eating Beef in India

Muslim Murdered by Hindus for Allegedly Eating Beef in India

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
03 Oct 15

Originally posted by FMF
But I haven't said that low divorce rates contribute to violence.
you were under the impression that you were being asked that, can you cite where anyone has asked you that?

rc

Moves
03 Oct 15

Originally posted by FMF
It's the evidence you asked for, isn't it?
evidence of what that rape of a wife is not a criminal charge, thanks for that.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
03 Oct 15

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
yes, perhaps you would like to address the content? FMF could not bring himself to do so and started to slobber, see if you can do better?
You want me to comment on the random musings of some unknown blogger as to what they think are the 'probable' reasons for the low divorce rate in India?

F

Moves
03 Oct 15

you were under the impression that you were being asked that, can you cite where anyone has asked you that?
No. It is you has suggested that I have claimed that low divorce rates contribute to violence. But I haven't. And now you know.

Do you think that any cultural pressures that might inhibit women from escaping a violent home & husband are not traditions that you or I should extoll the virtues of?

F

Moves
03 Oct 15

evidence of what that rape of a wife is not a criminal charge, thanks for that.
Would you agree with this statement: "People should look to India, with its low divorce rate, to see how marriage is supposed to be"?

rc

Moves
03 Oct 15

Originally posted by FMF
I fully understand: "life commitment to marriage being dependent on certain prerequisites and contractual agreement". That is not in dispute. Here are the two questions:

[1] Do you support the right of women to resort to divorce to annul that "life commitment" if that is the way they choose to escape the abuse of a violent husband?

[2] Do you condemn cultural pressures that seek to discriminate against women when they resort to divorce?
No i don't think you do, if you did you would not be asking whether anyone has a right under certain circumstances to break that agreement, would you? logically and rationally of course anyone has a basis to break the agreement if anyone of the prerequisites or contractual agreement are not met. That is why your questions are so stupid, its understood that anyone can break a contractual agreement if certain prerequisites are not met, get a grip you tedious fellow.

rc

Moves
03 Oct 15

Originally posted by FMF
Would you agree with this statement: "People should look to India, with its low divorce rate, to see how marriage is supposed to be"?
People can look to any source they like, if they think India is a good source then why not.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
03 Oct 15

So what is your point in this regard?
Good grief, you can't even follow your own posts. This is what you wrote -

are you sick? in a fever or unable to comprehend what I have written. Why would a life commitment to a marriage mean enduring repeated rapes or violence?

The answer to that question is because girls/women in India can be raped within their marriage with impunity and there is nothing legally they can do about it as I have just unequivocally demonstrated.

rc

Moves
03 Oct 15

Originally posted by FMF
No. It is you has suggested that I have claimed that low divorce rates contribute to violence. But I haven't. And now you know.

Do you think that any cultural pressures that might inhibit women from escaping a violent home & husband are not traditions that you or I should extoll the virtues of?
But then why were you telling us about a question that no one had asked you?

F

Moves
03 Oct 15

No i don't think you do, if you did you would not be asking whether anyone has a right under certain circumstances to break that agreement, would you?
Of course I think people have the right to back out of a "life commitment" under certain circumstances. And I think any and all ugly "cultural" phenomena that might seek to pressure battered women to endure being battered rather than turn to divorce, if necessary, ought to be condemned. Do you condemn them?

rc

Moves
03 Oct 15

Originally posted by Proper Knob

are you sick? in a fever or unable to comprehend what I have written. Why would a life commitment to a marriage mean enduring repeated rapes or violence?

The answer to that question is because girls/women in India can be raped within their marriage with impu ...[text shortened]... ity and there is nothing legally they can do about it as I have just unequivocally demonstrated.
yes we know that but what point are you trying to make, simply stating that there is no legal basis to prosecute rapists in marriage is already understood, but why are you telling us this?

rc

Moves
03 Oct 15

Originally posted by FMF
Of course I think people have the right to back out of a "life commitment" under certain circumstances. And I think any and all ugly "cultural" phenomena that might seek to pressure battered women to endure being battered rather than turn to divorce, if necessary, ought to be condemned. Do you condemn them?
I am uninterested in condemning anyone without knowledge of what it is they have alleged to have done, you know this. If you have evidence provide if not then i am not interested in condemning anyone without evidence.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
03 Oct 15

yes we know that but what point are you trying to make, simply stating that there is no legal basis to prosecute rapists in marriage is already understood, but why are you telling us this?
It's an answer to the question you asked.

F

Moves
03 Oct 15

But then why were you telling us about a question that no one had asked you?
This is nothing but comedy-dodging. On page 8 you claimed I am saying that low divorce rates contribute to violence. It's something you have been trying to attribute to me. But I didn't say it. You did.

rc

Moves
03 Oct 15

Originally posted by Proper Knob

The answer to that question is because girls/women in India can be raped within their marriage with impu ...[text shortened]... ity and there is nothing legally they can do about it as I have just unequivocally demonstrated.
your point or the point that you seem to be trying to make makes no sense, they do not enter a marriage under an agreement that they can be raped at will.