Natural causes instead of unnatural

Natural causes instead of unnatural

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
06 Oct 22

@kellyjay said
What content you don’t know and believe no one else can either, there isn’t really a lot to your position outside of that.
there isn’t really a lot to your position

Part of my position is that I am questioning your premise. That's how discussions go. But you are constantly running away. I am questioning the language you are using in your efforts to superimpose the presuppositions you draw from your religious beliefs onto the unknowable aspects of this topic.

F

Moves
06 Oct 22

@KellyJay
Perhaps you are just too much of a religionist to be able to talk properly to people who don't subscribe to your religion.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
06 Oct 22

@fmf said
there isn’t really a lot to your position

Part of my position is that I am questioning your premise. That's how discussions go. But you are constantly running away. I am questioning the language you are using in your efforts to superimpose the presuppositions you draw from your religious beliefs onto the unknowable aspects of this topic.
I asked a question that the information that drives life is that something you think can come about through mindlessness, goalless, processes with no way to care about success and failure, or a mind. You have answered that with the hard hitting response to the binary choice one of those are correct. So nothing of value from you outside of acknowledging the question and then saying that you don’t understand. What am I missing?

F

Moves
06 Oct 22

@kellyjay said
What am I missing?
Pretty much the content and meaning of all my posts attempting to converse with you. Deliberately so, I think.

F

Moves
06 Oct 22

@kellyjay said
So nothing of value from you outside of acknowledging the question and then saying that you don’t understand.
Don't be so disingenuous.

F

Moves
06 Oct 22

@fmf said
When you say "mind", do you mean like a human mind? And when you ask if an entity is "mindless", are you asking if it is non-human? And whether it has a human mind? Did you get your idea that the entity that might have caused the universe is a kind of humanoid from the ancient Hebrews?
BUMP for KellyJay

F

Moves
06 Oct 22

@fmf said
Why must people play along with your religion-driven assumption that an entity that might be the cause of the universe must have human attributes?
BUMP for KellyJay

F

Moves
06 Oct 22

@kellyjay said
I asked a question that the information that drives life is that something you think can come about through mindlessness, goalless, processes with no way to care about success and failure, or a mind.
...that something you think can come about through mindlessness, goalless, processes with no way to care about success and failure, or a mind.

When you say the entity "cares", do you mean it "cares" like a human does, as in how a human "cares" for and "loves" his or her child or spouse, that kind of "care" like you get from a human "mind"?

You seem to be going balls to the wall with your fixation on anthropomorphizing the topic.

Where did you get your premise that the entity is essentially human? What about this "binary question": if there is a creator entity, is it human or non-human?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
06 Oct 22
1 edit

@fmf said
Pretty much the content and meaning of all my posts attempting to converse with you. Deliberately so, I think.
The question has to do with the instructions in life, and you want to turn it into
something to justify your anti-christ stance. Start your own thread, maybe there
are those who see the world as something a mindless beginning could do will join
you.

F

Moves
06 Oct 22

@kellyjay said
The question has to do with the instructions in life, and you want to turn it into
something to justify your anti-christ stance. Start your own thread, maybe there
are those who see the world as something a mindless beginning could do will join
you.
Don't run away from my attempts to engage what you are putting forward for discussion. Address what I am saying in the same way as I am addressing what you are saying. Show some good faith. Don't just run away.

F

Moves
06 Oct 22

@kellyjay said
you want to turn it into
something to justify your anti-christ stance.
So you are admitting that your intellectual behaviour on this thread is affected by your purpose: to conjure up "evidence" that supports your "pro-Christ" stance?

F

Moves
06 Oct 22

@kellyjay said
Start your own thread, maybe there
you.
Everything I am posting is on-topic and so this is the thread where it belongs. To say that THIS thread is not for "those who see the world as something a mindless beginning", as you put it, is an unguarded revelation that you are not discussing this topic in good faith.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
07 Oct 22

@fmf said
Don't run away from my attempts to engage what you are putting forward for discussion. Address what I am saying in the same way as I am addressing what you are saying. Show some good faith. Don't just run away.
Mindlessness or mind, you grasp the concepts?

F

Moves
07 Oct 22

@kellyjay said
Mindlessness or mind, you grasp the concepts?
Why won't you address what I have been saying about the words ["mindlessness", "mind"] you are using? Why are you flat-out ignoring my side of the "conversation"? Why can't you engage?

F

Moves
07 Oct 22

@kellyjay said
you grasp the concepts?
Do you understand what the concept of "anthropomorphization" is?