Natural causes instead of unnatural

Natural causes instead of unnatural

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
07 Oct 22

@fmf said
When you say the entity "cares", do you mean it "cares" like a human does, as in how a human "cares" for and "loves" his or her child or spouse, that kind of "care" like you get from a human "mind"? You seem to be going balls to the wall with your fixation on anthropomorphizing the topic. Where did you get your premise that the entity is essentially human? What about this "binary question": if there is a creator entity, is it human or non-human?
When you say the entity "cares", do you mean it "cares" like a human does, as in how a human "cares" for and "loves" his or her child or spouse, that kind of "care" like you get from a human "mind"? You seem to be going balls to the wall with your fixation on anthropomorphizing the topic. Where did you get your premise that the entity is essentially human? What about this "binary question": if there is a creator entity, is it human or non-human?

BUMP for KellyJay.

F

Moves
07 Oct 22

@kellyjay said
Start your own thread, maybe there
are those who see the world as something a mindless beginning could do will join
you.
KellyJay: Start your own thread, maybe there are those who see the world as something a mindless beginning could do will join you.

TRANSLATION [my paraphrasing]:

KellyJay: If you disagree with me, don't post on MY discussion thread.

It's beyond parody.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
07 Oct 22
1 edit

@fmf said
KellyJay: Start your own thread, maybe there are those who see the world as something a mindless beginning could do will join you.

TRANSLATION [my paraphrasing]:

KellyJay: If you disagree with me, don't post on MY discussion thread.

It's beyond parody.
In your mind you can twist anything you want to make yourself feel good, you have complained when in your OPs people drift from your topic and in several of mine you do your best to take them off topic. Translate that into what ever you like and for good measure note it!

F

Moves
07 Oct 22

@kellyjay said
you have complained when in your OPs people drift from your topic and in several of mine you do your best to take them off topic.
I haven't DRIFTED AWAY from the topic; you are RUNNING AWAY from the topic.

F

Moves
07 Oct 22

@kellyjay said
In your mind you can twist anything you want to make yourself feel good
Don't be so disingenuous. This is EXACTLY what you said: "Start your own thread, maybe there are those who see the world as something a mindless beginning could do will join you." No "twisting". Just verbatim.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
08 Oct 22

@fmf said

BUMP for KellyJay.
Mind, mindlessness, start your own thread for different topics.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
08 Oct 22

@fmf said
I know what "mindlessness" and "care" and "purpose" and "love" and "mercy" and "forgiveness" and "wrath" and "vengeance" and "intention" and typing "instructions" into a computer mean when we talk about human beings. Is your preferred God figure a "human" or a "non-human"?
If you know what they mean, why not answer the question?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
08 Oct 22

@fmf said
I know full well that, with your talk of "mindlessness" - and other references to parochial human attributes/perspectives and the way you immediately slip into reciting doctrines rooted in ancient Hebrew mythology as soon as you get irritated while pretending all this has nothing whatsoever to do with any of that - yes, I know full well that you seek to anthropomorphize this entity and subjectively project your preferred theology onto it.
Mind, mindlessness not Hebrew mythology, if want to start another thread do so.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
08 Oct 22

@fmf said
Well, I am not a Christian, if that's what you mean. Can you not converse in good faith with people who aren't Christians?
Mind, mindlessness, you have a difficult time staying on topic.

F

Moves
08 Oct 22

@kellyjay said
Just address what I said about your use of the word "mindlessness". Stop being such a coward.

F

Moves
08 Oct 22

@kellyjay said
I have addressed this. Why are you pretending I haven't?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
08 Oct 22

@fmf said
there isn’t really a lot to your position

Part of my position is that I am questioning your premise. That's how discussions go. But you are constantly running away. I am questioning the language you are using in your efforts to superimpose the presuppositions you draw from your religious beliefs onto the unknowable aspects of this topic.
fmfblablaology, your efforts to turn the conversation away from the topic to
something else. Mind, mindlessness, not your psychobabble.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
08 Oct 22

@fmf said
@KellyJay
Perhaps you are just too much of a religionist to be able to talk properly to people who don't subscribe to your religion.
Mind, mindlessness you are droning on and on, never staying on topic.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
08 Oct 22

@fmf said
...that something you think can come about through mindlessness, goalless, processes with no way to care about success and failure, or a mind.

When you say the entity "cares", do you mean it "cares" like a human does, as in how a human "cares" for and "loves" his or her child or spouse, that kind of "care" like you get from a human "mind"?

You seem to be going balls ...[text shortened]... ly human? What about this "binary question": if there is a creator entity, is it human or non-human?
Mind, mindlessness, zzzzzzzz.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
08 Oct 22

@fmf said
So you are admitting that your intellectual behaviour on this thread is affected by your purpose: to conjure up "evidence" that supports your "pro-Christ" stance?
Mind, mindlessness, not your religious beliefs, anti-Christ.