1. weedhopper
    Moves
    23 May '08 23:00
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    [b]Boys
    You must have caught me on a cold day when it was all shriveled up.
  2. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    23 May '08 23:21
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    You must have caught me on a cold day when it was all shriveled up.
    I suppose juvenile posts go hand in hand with juvenile thoughts.
  3. weedhopper
    Moves
    23 May '08 23:25
    I suppose juvenile posts go hand in hand with juvenile thoughts.
    ---,, -,-, -,-
  4. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    23 May '08 23:30
    ---,, -,-, -,-
    Hopefully someday you'll weary of remaining perpetually fourteen.
  5. weedhopper
    Moves
    23 May '08 23:31
    Hopefully someday you'll weary of remaining perpetually fourteen.
    Someday you might stop being a bully. There is always hope.
  6. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    23 May '08 23:381 edit
    Someday you might stop being a bully. There is always hope.
    Like a child, you cry "bully" when the truth is pointed out to you. It's easier than dealing with it.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 May '08 23:401 edit
    Originally posted by brobluto
    Question 1 (with many parts): Why do people choose to have faith in God? What is the motivator? What are you getting out of it? Why does it make sense to do so to you?

I suspect eternal life, or comfort, or for answers, or because we were told to. If you say it's because it's the right thing to do, then you are yearning to be righteous, which is self-interest, is it not?

Question 2: Can you provide an example of a truly virtuous act, please?
    Question 1 (with many parts): Why do people choose to have faith in God? What is the motivator? What are you getting out of it? Why does it make sense to do so to you?

Faith should not be a matter of choice. For starters, we do not exercise control over what we believe. We can reason and conclude that a certain belief is most coherent; we cannot, however, choose a belief as a matter of what we want or desire. Secondly, from the Christian perspective, faith is a gift of God - it is one of the virtues of grace.

Question 2: Can you provide an example of a truly virtuous act, please?

Martyrdom.
  8. weedhopper
    Moves
    23 May '08 23:44
    Like a child, you cry "bully" when the truth is pointed out to you. It's easier than dealing with it.
    Like a bully, you feel you are always in the right, and/or that people you abuse deserve to be so.
  9. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    24 May '08 04:281 edit
    Like a bully, you feel you are always in the right, and/or that people you abuse deserve to be so.
    I guess there's little point in trying to reason with a child on some subjects.
  10. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    24 May '08 04:33
    As for the insults and bully-tactics you, Scotti, and Twit employ, this will be my last corresponce with you three.
    I just looked through my last 10 pages of comments. I cannot see a single instance where I was rude to you, or called you a liar.

I called you out on something on one instance (a logical contradiction in your arguement) but I wasn't unnecessarily rude about it.

You don't want to talk to me, so be it - I can still demolish your fallacious arguments whether you choose to respond or not.
  11. weedhopper
    Moves
    24 May '08 14:21
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    I just looked through my last 10 pages of comments. I cannot see a single instance where I was rude to you, or called you a liar.

I called you out on something on one instance (a logical contradiction in your arguement) but I wasn't unnecessarily rude about it.

You don't want to talk to me, so be it - I can still demolish your fallacious arguments whether you choose to respond or not.
    You might want to check this very thread to find an example of your bullying, insulting tactics towards me. But that's okay. I've decided that's the only way people like you, son, and twit can feel any sense of self-worth. I will not let you have any further effect on my blood pressure😛.
  12. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    24 May '08 15:15
    You might want to check this very thread to find an example of your bullying, insulting tactics towards me. But that's okay. I've decided that's the only way people like you, son, and twit can feel any sense of self-worth. I will not let you have any further effect on my blood pressure😛.
    Didn't like being called out on something then.

Hey, when it's me, I try not to post statements which i feel are not logically defendable. But that's just me....
  13. weedhopper
    Moves
    24 May '08 19:19

Hey, when it's me, I try not to post statements which i feel are not logically defendable. But that's just me....
    You needn't explain "hust" what you are--I'm quite aware. You won't be doing any demolishing of me, nor calling my belief in Christ "tosh", nor will you be bullying me any longer.
  14. weedhopper
    Moves
    24 May '08 19:20

And if you "checked 10 pages of your posts", then you must not be able to read--I only had to look under one rock to find an example of the bile you spew. But that's jyst me...
  15. Joined
    28 Nov '07
    Moves
    25 May '08 05:20
    Come on children, settle down. A lot of this, I think, depends on whether you believe in the existence of the soul or whether people are bags of dirty water held together by instincts - the two points of view are irreconcilable.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree