1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    26 Jan '17 18:56
    Originally posted by leunammi
    Too much worrying about little things and not enough about the big important things. IMHO
    I don't think I'm worrying about it but just thought I'd post his comments. IF he somehow does enforce this in time, it will not only be the JW's that will be affected by it to some extent.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Jan '17 19:18
    Originally posted by FMF
    I think society, by way of its elected government, should have the right to intervene to protect children from their parents in cases where those parents are intent on sacrificing their children to their god figures.
    Hear hear
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Jan '17 19:18
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Pathetic sycophant.

I'm guessing you will also follow the anti-christ with equally fervent, slavish devotion.
    Classic "Suzianne".
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Jan '17 19:19
    Originally posted by galveston75
    I don't think I'm worrying about it but just thought I'd post his comments. IF he somehow does enforce this in time, it will not only be the JW's that will be affected by it to some extent.
    If it keep you lot of people's doorsteps, I'm all for it.
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    02 Feb '17 00:32
    Originally posted by divegeester
    No "buts", the scripture is correct.
    Yes it would seem so on the surface. But go back to what Jesus was saying and showing to his followers then. He was holding a coin of the Roman Empire with Caesars picture on it. That coin belonged to Caesar and all were commanded to pay their taxes to Caesar. That coin was produced by that government to be used as currency. This is what Jesus was saying to pay to return to Caesar when it was demanded of him and this is what Jesus was showing in his hand to return to Caesar, Jesus did not continue on and tell his followers to fight them then and he never said for any of his followers to join in with that government to fight with them in wars, gain offices in their governments just as Jesus did not do once and neither did his followers. We are to obey any and all laws that do not go in contradiction of God's laws. Again we cannot and will not serve two masters...... But then you really know all these scriptures don't you?
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 Feb '17 14:04
    Originally posted by whodey
    Internment camps seem to be the most viable answer.

Just wait till he builds "the wall". 😵
    Just like Christians didn't seem to mind too much when the Jews started being sent to the death camps?

"I wasn't Jewish, so I didn't object because it didn't affect me."

The major difference between the citizens of Germany in the '30s and the citizens of the US today is that we know the outcome of the rise of Fascism. We've seen it before.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    03 Feb '17 14:26
    Just wondering if anyone has caught the statement that Mr Trump has made many times now about all living here in this country "will salute the flag"?
    So if this is really eventually enforced somehow, what are all of your thoughts on this especially knowing that we the JW's can't do that?
    Is being forced to pledge ones allegiance to a government real freedom?
    You can't solute the flag?

How about just wave at it? 😕
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    03 Feb '17 14:28
    Just like Christians didn't seem to mind too much when the Jews started being sent to the death camps?

"I wasn't Jewish, so I didn't object because it didn't affect me."

The major difference between the citizens of Germany in the '30s and the citizens of the US today is that we know the outcome of the rise of Fascism. We've seen it before.
    It will happen again Suzy cuz that's what government does.

I hope it falls under a Republican so you can feel better about yourself.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    04 Feb '17 12:13
    Originally posted by whodey
    It will happen again Suzy cuz that's what government does.

I hope it falls under a Republican so you can feel better about yourself.
    Oh, it will happen under a Republican, just like the rise of the antichrist. How else will most Christians be fooled? Exactly like most evangelicals are being fooled right now.
  10. Joined
    28 Aug '16
    Moves
    04 Feb '17 12:42
    Oh, it will happen under a Republican, just like the rise of the antichrist. How else will most Christians be fooled? Exactly like most evangelicals are being fooled right now.
    Do you really believe there is a difference between republicans and democrats, they have both had a hand in making the US what it is today, and they both endeavor to weaken it even further; they have the same agenda! I am no fan of Trump, but with him having been elected I think speaks volumes to the dissatisfaction of the people in this country with the same ole same ole establishment. He is an outsider but hopefully he can do the right thing and turn this ship around before all hope is lost.

Make no mistake, half of the US rejected the lies, bullshyt, and deception that is the Clinton dynasty. So deceived in their own eyes they were, they even believed the lies spun by their media cohorts to the point of losing the election. Amazing.

I am perplexed by the protests, the crybaby rooms on college campuses, the call for assassination and the violence from the left who would have people believe they have something to offer. These people would seek to take away the right of voting Americans who put Trump in office... the man won fair and square, get over it! What are you people afraid of? Obama has put the US so far into the hole, I don't know if it is even possible to climb out. Sheesh.
  11. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    05 Feb '17 00:13
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Every American knows you are not required legally to say the pledge.

Trump was just saying most people will want to again. Making America great again.
    In your opinion when was America great?
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Feb '17 00:19
    Yes it would seem so on the surface. But go back to what Jesus was saying and showing to his followers then. He was holding a coin of the Roman Empire with Caesars picture on it. That coin belonged to Caesar and all were commanded to pay their taxes to Caesar. That coin was produced by that government to be used as currency. This is what Jesus was saying ...[text shortened]... ot and will not serve two masters...... But then you really know all these scriptures don't you?
    This is just a cop out so you can bend scripture to fit your cult point of view.
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    05 Feb '17 00:24
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    In your opinion when was America great?
    1940's and 1950's

After that time we have been on a down hill trajectory.
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 Feb '17 22:08
    Originally posted by leunammi
    Do you really believe there is a difference between republicans and democrats, they have both had a hand in making the US what it is today, and they both endeavor to weaken it even further; they have the same agenda! I am no fan of Trump, but with him having been elected I think speaks volumes to the dissatisfaction of the people in this country with the s ...[text shortened]... has put the US so far into the hole, I don't know if it is even possible to climb out. Sheesh.
    What about the Bush dynasty?

From where I'm sitting that family seems much worse.
  15. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    06 Feb '17 17:19
    Originally posted by divegeester
    This is just a cop out so you can bend scripture to fit your cult point of view.
    You really do have a hard time with what the scriptures are saying don't you?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree