1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    02 Dec '12 01:30
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    No he is not saying women are the blame for everythng, the woman was
    tricked was what he said. The man was there with his eyes wide open.
    Kelly
    Good point my friend. She was tricked but Adam was not and made that decision to turn against God with a clear mind. His problem is he loved Eve more then God.
  2. Joined
    30 Dec '04
    Moves
    02 Dec '12 03:27
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Good point my friend. She was tricked but Adam was not and made that decision to turn against God with a clear mind. His problem is he loved Eve more then God.
    Interesting thoughts, enough so that I just read Genesis chapter 3. I don't see anything that says Adam loved Eve more than God. I see where Satan made them doubt Gods word Now the serpent was more cunning than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made. And he said to the woman, “Has God indeed said, ‘You shall not eat of every tree of the garden’?” (Genesis 3:1 NKJV)

I see Eve being tricked by the serpent here and Adam following her. I think this shows that probably the worst thing we can do is doubt or questions Gods word. Satan uses this against even to this day.

Just curious why you think Adam loved Eve more than God? Adam had not even given Eve her name yet so I'm not so sure that he could be in love with her at that time.

Just my thoughts, curios as to yours.

Thanks.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    02 Dec '12 07:22
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    she loves you yeah yeah yeah, she loves you yeah yeah yeah
    I think suzianne got your point, but in case she didn't here it is again.

YouTube
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    02 Dec '12 07:39
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
    What you say may be true ,
    but if the scripture was to be adhered to,
    then it would have meaning beyond it's years and it doesn't.

It merely rubber stamps the thinking of the time which was clearly that
    men had all the say about everything and women had no say at all about anything.

Today that attitude is changing rapidly as more and more wo ...[text shortened]... men, not any women. 66 books written by men over 1600 years.

Not written by any GOD.
    The book of Ruth is believed by some to have been written by a women. The Book of Esther is also named after a woman, with only speculation as to authorship.

"A plausible conjecture is that the Book of Ruth was written by a woman, but there is no evidence to support this. We simply do not know who the author was."

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Who_wrote_the_Book_of_Ruth_in_the_Bible

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    02 Dec '12 13:00
    Originally posted by boonon
    Interesting thoughts, enough so that I just read Genesis chapter 3. I don't see anything that says Adam loved Eve more than God. I see where Satan made them doubt Gods word [b]Now the serpent was more cunning than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made. And he said to the woman, “Has God indeed said, ‘You shall not eat of every tree of the gar ...[text shortened]... e could be in love with her at that time.

Just my thoughts, curios as to yours.

Thanks.
    Thanks. No I didn't say that was the only issue with Adam but it very easily could have been. Remember that Adam had been alone for some period of time and had even been nameing the animals which would have taken some time.
    Then when Jehovah did present Eve to Adam the scriptures make it clear that Adam was very happy with seeing her and would have began having feelings for her as any man would have. He finally had a mate.
    So no the bible does not explain why Adam made the decision he did but one has to conclude he chose Eve over his love for his creator.
    Adam knew what God's rule was concerning that "tree" and he also knew that death was going to be the penalty if one ate of it. So he decided because of his feelings for her to go along when she told him to eat. He did not want to loose her and possibly be alone again once God would have sentenced her to death.
  6. Joined
    30 Dec '04
    Moves
    02 Dec '12 13:29
    Thanks. No I didn't say that was the only issue with Adam but it very easily could have been. Remember that Adam had been alone for some period of time and had even been nameing the animals which would have taken some time.
    Then when Jehovah did present Eve to Adam the scriptures make it clear that Adam was very happy with seeing her and would have be ...[text shortened]... ot want to loose her and possibly be alone again once God would have sentenced her to death.
    Good thoughts but pure speculation. I'm not saying I disagree totally but when we add to the written word we are opening up a large can of worms.

Do not add to His words, Lest He rebuke you, and you be found a liar. (Proverbs 30:6 NKJV)

On a side note...I see you are a fan of the mustang. My father owns a 66' Shelby . He bought it in 86' from the original owner. It ran till about 92' , but its been sitting in the garage since. Needs some work on the frame till it can run again.
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    02 Dec '12 13:46
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
    It wouldn't really matter a whole lot how wide.

The fact is all the bible was written by fallible men.

It wouldn't matter who wrote it.

It would still be full of flaws.

That's why there is so much argument today over what each passage means.

All it has done is cause division not unity.

Why do you suppose there are so many different religions and not only that but different branches of the same religion?
    "Why do you suppose there are so many different religions and not only that but different branches of the same religion?"

I don't "suppose" I know why there are so many different religions.

The answer to your question is in your post.
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    02 Dec '12 13:54
    Originally posted by rwingett
    By everyone except for diehard Christian apologists.
    1 Thessalonians 2:13
    For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.

You are correct rwingett.
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    02 Dec '12 14:06
    Good thoughts but pure speculation. I'm not saying I disagree totally but when we add to the written word we are opening up a large can of worms.

[b]Do not add to His words, Lest He rebuke you, and you be found a liar. (Proverbs 30:6 NKJV)

On a side note...I see you are a fan of the mustang. My father owns a 66' Shelby . He bought it in 86' from the ...[text shortened]... ut its been sitting in the garage since. Needs some work on the frame till it can run again.[/b]
    As I said the Bible does not expound on these specific things. I'm not adding anything to the Bible but simply going from what the bible itself says.
    Adam made a clear comment when he first saw Eve when he said "at last" when he finally had a mate as was no longer alone.
    As a human and a man I'm sure I would have been very happy and impressed by her and her beauty.
    I don't think any man would not have had instant feelings for her being in that situation.
    Also you are right that he did not call her Eve until after the tree issue. But that was also after God told them to multiply and have children. This is what the name Eve meant in referring to the "mother of all" that would fill the earth.
    Names meant things and her name meant that.
    But that by no means imply he did not love her. The bible does not say but I'm sure he called her by something, possibly another name?, who knows. But I'm sure he did not just call her woman or "hey you".
    But the point is he chose her over God and if not for his feelings for her on some level he may not have eaten of the tree.

And yes I've had many Mustangs over the years and have a 90' LX 5.0 convertable right now. And that Shelby is worth alot of $$$$$$ right now for sure.
  10. Joined
    30 Dec '04
    Moves
    02 Dec '12 14:52
    As I said the Bible does not expound on these specific things. I'm not adding anything to the Bible but simply going from what the bible itself says.
    Adam made a clear comment when he first saw Eve when he said "at last" when he finally had a mate as was no longer alone.
    As a human and a man I'm sure I would have been very happy and impressed by her ...[text shortened]... convertable right now. And that Shelby is worth alot of $$$$$$ right now for sure.
    Hopefully someday I can restore it for my father. It is so much fun to drive!!!

That will have to wait for now.

Thanks for your thoughts.
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    02 Dec '12 15:32
    Hopefully someday I can restore it for my father. It is so much fun to drive!!!

That will have to wait for now.

Thanks for your thoughts.
    Yes they are. If you have any local Mustang clubs in your area that is always a good place to start with restoring projects. Not only do they have the experiance but sometimes extra parts or other connections. And we all love them and are always willing to lend a helping hand to get them back on the road.
    Thanks....
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Dec '12 15:41
    But you "added" the League of Nations thing to the Bible despite the fact that it does not expound on that specific thing. Do you "have NO doubt" that "[Adam's] problem is he loved Eve more then God"? Would you argue that a "Christian" hasn't "listened to God" if they disagree with you about Adam? Just as you said that if a Christian believed that the Bible had not "described" the League of Nations in Revelation 13:11-15, it means they would be "wrong"?
  13. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    02 Dec '12 15:50
    Originally posted by FMF
    But you "added" the League of Nations thing to the Bible despite the fact that it does not expound on that specific thing. Do you "have NO doubt" that "[Adam's] problem is he loved Eve more then God"? Would you argue that a "Christian" hasn't "listened to God" if they disagree with you about Adam? Just as you said that if a Christian believed that the Bible had ...[text shortened]... d" the League of Nations in Revelation 13:11-15, it means they would be "wrong"?
  14. Joined
    30 Dec '04
    Moves
    02 Dec '12 15:54
    Yes they are. If you have any local Mustang clubs in your area that is always a good place to start with restoring projects. Not only do they have the experiance but sometimes extra parts or other connections. And we all love them and are always willing to lend a helping hand to get them back on the road.
    Thanks....
    Yes , there is an actual local Shelby club and they hav been nice enough to offer help. I've been waiting on the funds though. Other priorities right now like college but someday....
  15. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    02 Dec '12 15:56
    Yes , there is an actual local Shelby club and they hav been nice enough to offer help. I've been waiting on the funds though. Other priorities right now like college but someday....
    That's great. Hopefully it will all work out in time and you can get that baby restored soon. Does it run at all right now?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree