1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Jan '12 04:071 edit
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Any conversational value here is trumped by my concern for your immortal soul.
    I've never really considered you to provide much in the way of "conversational value", Grampy Bobby. And your concern is wasted on me as I am an ex-Christian. Your inability to address my comments head on is noted. Your either/or dilemma logical fallacy, your failed analogy about divegeester, your entreaty to join you in groupthink, and your hyper-partisan "There Is No Middle Ground" chest-beating religionist OP, are all wasted on me. Happy New Year!
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Jan '12 04:10
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    I have to agree with all [FMF's] statements there.. Gramps ?
    Did Gramps get back to you on this one?
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    01 Jan '12 04:41
    Originally posted by FMF
    Did Gramps get back to you on this one?
    Oh, you know... he's prolly thinking I didn't really contemplate the op properly...

Thing is ,I reckon that non christian posters like to NOT get into the spirit of christian posters just as much as christian posters like to come into non christian thread with their inane drivel about JC.

God, when I first posted here I really didn't think I would be talking about Jesus so much. I mean , there are so many other religions and religious views.

I think jaywill has got the right attitude for posting as opposed to say RJHinds,as far as the christians around here go.(not saying that some other christians aren't also discreet like that , but sometimes you just have to "scratch your head"."

No middle ground indeed. Whatever.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Jan '12 05:01
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Thing is ,I reckon that non christian posters like to NOT get into the spirit of christian posters just as much as christian posters like to come into non christian thread with their inane drivel about JC.
    How is one supposed to "get into the spirit of" of clumsy false dilemmas like the one in this thread's OP?
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    01 Jan '12 05:18
    Originally posted by FMF
    I've never really considered you to provide much in the way of "conversational value", Grampy Bobby. And your concern is wasted on me as I am an ex-Christian. Your inability to address my comments head on is noted. Your either/or dilemma logical fallacy, your failed analogy about divegeester, your entreaty to join you in groupthink, and your hyper-partisa ...[text shortened]... re Is No Middle Ground" chest-beating religionist OP, are all wasted on me. Happy New Year!
    It's not my place to argue with you (or anyone else) regarding what or whom you place your confidence in. I respect your volition. Christianity is a relationship, not a religion, and is based on the work being done by God not us. Once you believe in Christ you're family. You may receive discipline but you never lose your family status. Your public emotionalism and bitterness evidence confusion and frustration, which suggests you're seeking to come to grips with and to fill the emptiness in your immortal soul. My concern for you isn't wasted because it's genuine and above being cheapened by any bravado or crass comments in public.
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    01 Jan '12 05:26
    Originally posted by FMF
    How is one supposed to "get into the spirit of" of clumsy false dilemmas like the one in this thread's OP?
    OP makes no such request. To the contrary, it delivers a terse statement of reality whether anybody

likes it or not. I'm not selling "The Grateful Dead", my blogspot, my labor of love or anything else.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Jan '12 05:29
    OP makes no such request. To the contrary, it delivers a terse statement of reality whether anybody likes it or not.
    I am pretty sure you know what an either/or logical fallacy is. Denying that the OP presents one is a form of forum entertainment for you, I suppose.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Jan '12 05:32
    It's not my place to argue with you (or anyone else) regarding what or whom you place your confidence in. I respect your volition. Christianity is a relationship, not a religion, and is based on the work being done by God not us. Once you believe in Christ you're family. You may receive discipline but you never lose your family status. Your public emoti ...[text shortened]... because it's genuine and above being cheapened by any bravado or crass comments in public.
    Your sneering has no impact on me, Grampy Bobby. Your religionist package strikes me as no more or less valid than Dasa's.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Jan '12 05:41
    Originally posted by FMF
    Your sneering has no impact on me, Grampy Bobby. Your religionist package strikes me as no more or less valid than Dasa's.
    Happy New Year to both of you.

Discuss! 😉
  10. Cape Town
    Moves
    01 Jan '12 07:18
    [b]No Middle Ground

Christ was either who and what He claimed to be or he was the worst fraud and imposter

the world has ever known. No ordinary 'good man' would make such outrageous claims.

Boston Lad[/b]
    So, if your OP turns out to contain false material, we cannot conclude that you made a mistake and are a 'good man' who is in error, but instead, we must conclude by your own argument that you are a fraud and imposter and a 'bad man'.
  11. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    01 Jan '12 08:11
    Christianity is a relationship, not a religion, .
    Christianity is not a religion?
    A brand new thought for the New Year!
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Jan '12 08:28
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Christianity is not a religion?
    A brand new thought for the New Year!
    It is reminiscent of Dasa's 'The Vedas are NOT a belief system - they are just the truth, like it or not!'
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Jan '12 08:422 edits
    There is no middle ground, divegeester. There is no debate. You yourself are in fact who and what you claim to be on these

Red Hot Pawn Public Forums or you are an imposter, a poser and a fraud. Same with Christ during His earthly ministry.

Leaving aside that the validity of Christ's claims have little correlation with an online persona such as "divegeester"; the premise in your OP regarding “middle ground” whilst being accurate from a believing standpoint, is too easily challenged (as are all things Christian) by attacking accuracy of the word of God, as recorded over the centuries.

Unbelief says: there is no god > therefore the Bible cannot be the word of god > therefore it is at best a loose historical manifesto and at worst a fabrication > possibly a mixture of the two > but definitely not reliable.

I don't think you looked at the link I posted, which was discussing the same premise as your OP but on the accepted basis that at least the account of how the contemporary elders reacted to him gives us an indication of what he was claiming about himself.

This angle still requires some level of acceptance that the Bible contains at least the broad historical brush-strokes of the life and times of Jesus if not the inspired word, but many will agree that there was this guy called Jesus, who seemed like a good chap, but they nailed him up for preaching peace or something -- no they didn't, they nailed him up for blasphemy - i.e. claiming to be Jehovah incarnate.

Back to your OP. There is middle ground, it's in unbelief. But for a soul to ask the question "who is Jesus?" they cannot land on "a good peaceful guy who got a bum deal".

HNY
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Jan '12 08:45
    Originally posted by FMF
    It is reminiscent of Dasa's 'The Vedas are NOT a belief system - they are just the truth, like it or not!'
    You must of took your smart pills today. 😉
  15. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    01 Jan '12 09:04
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    ... must of took .... 😉
    ... must have taken ...

Make your New Year's Resolution to begin using the correct grammar.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree