No need to be like Christ ?

No need to be like Christ ?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

c

Moves
23 Aug 16

Originally posted by divegeester
But Jesus wasn't a dick-head so I don't see the correlation.
Wow, you and FMF are really something.
I asked if it was okay for Jesus to drink alcohol. Do you think it's okay Dive??
Why is He being accused of being a drunkard?
Or would you rather dodge this and call me a dickhead again?

c

Moves
23 Aug 16

Originally posted by Rajk999
I am not ignoring Jesus. I am ignoring you. Your motives and your intentions are dishonest.
You have NO idea what my 'motive' is. Alcohol is a mind altering DRUG, and I'm asking if you think it's fine that Jesus drank it.

Moves
23 Aug 16
1 edit

Originally posted by chaney3
I asked if it was okay for Jesus to drink alcohol. Do you think it's okay Dive??
'Why is He being accused of being a drunkard?'

Presumably to discredit him. He eats food, they call him a glutton, he drinks wine, they call him a drunkard. He's even a friend of tax collectors and sinners!

Jesus didn't condemn people drinking wine (alcohol) and indeed one of his miracles had him produce more of the stuff. It would have been normal for Jesus and those around him to drink wine. And of course there is a big difference between drinking wine and drinking too much wine. Just like any other excesses.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
23 Aug 16

You have NO idea what my 'motive' is. Alcohol is a mind altering DRUG, and I'm asking if you think it's fine that Jesus drank it.
Drinking alcohol and drunkenness are two different things.
Much like eating food and gluttony are two different things.

The first is accepted in the Bible and the other is a sin.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
23 Aug 16

Originally posted by Rajk999
Drinking alcohol and drunkenness are two different things.
Much like eating food and gluttony are two different things.

The first is accepted in the Bible and the other is a sin.
OH NO we agree!

c

Moves
23 Aug 16

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
'Why is He being accused of being a drunkard?'

Presumably to discredit him. He eats food, they call him a glutton, he drinks wine, they call him a drunkard. He's even a friend of tax collectors and sinners!

Jesus didn't condemn people drinking wine (alcohol) and indeed one of his miracles had him produce more of the stuff. It would have been ...[text shortened]... a big difference between drinking wine and drinking too much wine. Just like any other excesses.
I'm at work, on lunch break but will comment more later.

My inquiry though revolves around Jesus being a 'Higher Power' for people in recovery. His consuming alcohol matters in that way.

More later.....

F

Moves
23 Aug 16
1 edit

What connection are you seeking to make between Jesus drinking wine and your alcoholism?

F

Moves
23 Aug 16

My inquiry though revolves around Jesus being a 'Higher Power' for people in recovery. His consuming alcohol matters in that way.
Might it become a barrier to you becoming a Christian?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
23 Aug 16

Originally posted by FMF
What connection are you seeking to make between Jesus drinking wine and your alcoholism?
He is looking for a scapegoat. It is always someone else's fault.

Moves
23 Aug 16

More later.....
I honestly think you need to consider more the difference between 'consuming' and 'abusing' alcohol. (As you would for 'food' for example. - Should Jesus have avoided food, due to people suffering with obesity? )

chatbot

Moves
23 Aug 16

To be honest I could call you a dick-head all day and not break sweat.

chatbot

Moves
23 Aug 16

What about my other replies, Dick...?

c

Moves
23 Aug 16

Originally posted by divegeester
To be honest I could call you a dick-head all day and not break sweat.
So much for debate and discussion?? Pussy!!!

Suzianne is correct about you. When you disapprove of a topic or opinion, you act just like a pussy!!

If Jesus drank alcohol...at all, it is quite possible He got drunk. I asked questions about it. If you don't like it...fukk off pussy!!!!

rc

Moves
23 Aug 16
1 edit

More later.....
I think the point is valid. Jesus is every Christians exemplar. In the case of alcohol, specifically wine, there is no question that the Christ enjoyed a glass probably with a meal. There is however no basis to the idea that he was ever intoxicated because he was sinless. Drinking wine or alcohol to the point of intoxication is unbalanced and a form of gluttony expressly condemned in scripture. Christ therefore stands as a model of balance, self control, and moderation and I personally think its a wonderful thing if persons are able to use his example to lead a balanced and enjoyable life.

I did some reading on alcoholism only recently and it appears to me that alcohol is not the problem, there is usually some other underlying problem and alcohol is used to try to deal with it, to escape it, or numb the pain but its no good because it does not address the root cause.

Rest assured chaney3 that Christ is a brilliant example of balance and moderation and if we strive to be like him we can avoid many hurtful scenarios.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
23 Aug 16

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
I think the point is valid. Jesus is every Christians exemplar. In the case of alcohol, specifically wine, there is no question that the Christ enjoyed a glass probably with a meal. There is however no basis to the idea that he was ever intoxicated because he was sinless. Drinking wine or alcohol to the point of intoxication is unbalanced and a fo ...[text shortened]... e of balance and moderation and if we strive to be like him we can avoid many hurtful scenarios.
Well thats a good reply. Lets see if that makes sense to him.