1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    28 Jul '17 17:05
    Was Noah saved by faith alone? Or was Noah required to believe first then act on that belief?

Would another person have been saved if he had created the exact same ark as Noah without belief in God?
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Jul '17 17:13
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Was Noah saved by faith alone? Or was Noah required to believe first then act on that belief?

Would another person have been saved if he had created the exact same ark as Noah without belief in God?
    Supposedly, God spoke directly to Noah. Belief and faith seem easy when God speaks directly to you.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Jul '17 17:161 edit

Noah was saved because he believed god when god instructed him to build the ark to avoid a flood that was coming. So he built it and didn't drown. God spoke to him because god saw him as living a righteous life. So he was righteous before god first and then believed.

However I have no idea how he new to be righteous or what righteous living even was. So I assume he was given instruction which he believed.

Therefore the sequence was faith/believing, acting, then more faith. I think this aligns with scripture "faith comes through hearing the word".
  4. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    28 Jul '17 17:17

A combination of faith and righteous living.

The answer to your second question is probably not.
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    28 Jul '17 17:19
    Anyone interested in the questions I posed,especially the second one?

It seems to me that Noah had God's truth written on his heart.
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    28 Jul '17 17:20
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    A combination of faith and righteous living.

The answer to your second question is probably not.
    Would the second man's door get shut?
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Jul '17 17:20

I've just made a perfectly on topic comment, is there a reason why you are ignoring it?
  8. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    28 Jul '17 17:22

Yes, that is biblically supported (Romans etc) and would seem to answer Dive's question 'how he knew to be righteous or what righteous living even was.'
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    28 Jul '17 17:24
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    I've just made a perfectly on topic comment, is there a reason why you are ignoring it?
    I did not ignore it. As I said he Moah may have had God's truth wtitten on his heart.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Jul '17 17:261 edit
    I did not ignore it. As I said he Moah may have had God's truth wtitten on his heart.
    Hopefully God had a decent spell-checker.
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    28 Jul '17 17:40
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Hopefully God had a decent spell-checker.
    Yep, this phone typing has its moments.
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    28 Jul '17 17:42
    I am hoping Rojk answers the first question too. He is such a people do not need God kind of guy.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Jul '17 17:511 edit
    I am hoping Rojk answers the first question too. He is such a people do not need God kind of guy.
    Yeah I get that, but at least his version of god doesn't burn people at the stake for eternity because they don't believe in him.
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    28 Jul '17 17:56
    Everybody needs God, and many people have God in their lives. Those who live righteously have God in their lives. Those who live sinful unrighteous lives do not have God but Satan in their lives.
  15. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    28 Jul '17 18:00
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Everybody needs God, and many people have God in their lives. Those who live righteously have God in their lives. Those who live sinful unrighteous lives do not have God but Satan in their lives.
    What is this is nonsense? The teachings of Jesus must have had an undue influence on the formation of your beliefs.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree