1. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    28 Jul '17 19:34
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Righteous behaviour is subjective to god. You may have been better off using a humanist term, such as 'good' or 'apparently good', or something else.
    adjective

1. characterized by uprightness or morality:
    a righteous observance of the law.

2. morally right or justifiable:
    righteous indignation.
  2. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    28 Jul '17 19:35
    Can you expand on "undue"?
    I'm using it in the sense of the ordinary dictionary meaning.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    28 Jul '17 19:38
    Originally posted by @eladar
    If Noah had lived righteously and did not answer God's call, would he have been saved?
    Of course he would be saved. Would God destroy the righteous with the unrighteous?
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Jul '17 19:39
    Originally posted by @thinkofone
    I'm using it in the sense of the ordinary dictionary meaning.
    Ok based on that definition. How would the teachings of Jesus have an "undue" effect on someone?
  5. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    28 Jul '17 19:43
    Ok based on that definition. How would the teachings of Jesus have an "undue" effect on someone?
    Even slower than usual today?
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    28 Jul '17 19:46
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Of course he would be saved. Would God destroy the righteous with the unrighteous?
    If the righteous did not answer opportunity to be saved, of course. No actions results in the same as saying no.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    28 Jul '17 19:551 edit
    If the righteous did not answer opportunity to be saved, of course. No actions results in the same as saying no.
    I dont know what you mean by an 'opportunity to be saved' or 'answering Gods call'.
    You are creating a fictitious situation and then trying make a biblical conclusion out of it.
    God does not destroy the righteous with the wicked.

Here is what Lot told God:

That be far from thee to do after this manner,
    to slay the righteous with the wicked:
    and that the righteous should be as the wicked,
    that be far from thee:
    Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right? (Genesis 18:25 KJV)

God would lead the righteous into the ark. If Noah did not build the ark then someone else would have or God would find some other way to destroy the wicked people on the earth at that time.
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    28 Jul '17 20:03
    I dont know what you mean by an 'opportunity to be saved' or 'answering Gods call'.
    You are creating a fictitious situation and then trying make a biblical conclusion out of it.
    God does not destroy the righteous with the wicked.

Here is what Lot told God:

[i]That be far from thee to do after this manner,
    to slay the righteous with the wicked:
    a ...[text shortened]... ld have or God would find some other way to destroy the wicked people on the earth at that time.
    So now you are saying that Noah is a fictitious?
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    28 Jul '17 20:31
    So now you are saying that Noah is a fictitious?
    Fiction is when you use the word IF .. like here :

Would another person have been saved if he had created the exact same ark as Noah without belief in God?

You are creating a fictitious situation [something that did not happen] and using the bible to make a conclusion.

God would not destroy the righteous... thats the point.
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    28 Jul '17 20:461 edit
    Fiction is when you use the word IF .. like here :

Would another person have been saved if he had created the exact same ark as Noah without belief in God?

You are creating a fictitious situation [something that did not happen] and using the bible to make a conclusion.

God would not destroy the righteous... thats the point.
    The question is if a person can be righteous without God. In other words can righteousness without God lead to salvation?

Did righteousness of the Pharisees of Jesus' day achieve salvation? They were very righteous.
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    28 Jul '17 21:181 edit
    The question is if a person can be righteous without God. In other words can righteousness without God lead to salvation?

Did righteousness of the Pharisees of Jesus' day achieve salvation? They were very righteous.
    They were very righteous...
    Is that you opinion or do you have a reference.
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    28 Jul '17 21:32
    They were very righteous...
    Is that you opinion or do you have a reference.
    Phillipians 3

although I myself might have confidence even in the flesh. If anyone else has a mind to put confidence in the flesh, I far more: 5 circumcised the eighth day, of the nation of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew of Hebrews; as to the Law, a Pharisee; 6 as to zeal, a persecutor of the church; as to the righteousness which is in the Law, found blameless.

7 But whatever things were gain to me, those things I have counted as loss for the sake of Christ. 8 More than that, I count all things to be loss [c]in view of the surpassing value of [d]knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, [e]for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them but rubbish so that I may gain Christ, 9 and may be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own derived from the Law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which comes from God on the basis of faith, 10 that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection and [f]the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death; 11 [g]in order that I may attain to the resurrection from the dead.
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    28 Jul '17 21:57
    Phillipians 3

although I myself might have confidence even in the flesh. If anyone else has a mind to put confidence in the flesh, I far more: 5 circumcised the eighth day, of the nation of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew of Hebrews; as to the Law, a Pharisee; 6 as to zeal, a persecutor of the church; as to the righteousness which is in the La ...[text shortened]... eing conformed to His death; 11 [g]in order that I may attain to the resurrection from the dead.
    Can't see anything about the Pharisees being very righteous
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    28 Jul '17 21:59
    Can't see anything about the Pharisees being very righteous
    As to the Law, a Pharisee.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Jul '17 22:04
    Originally posted by @thinkofone
    Even slower than usual today?
    It's ok if you just acknowledge that you used a wrong word...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree