1. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    27 May '14 09:23
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    You get a Bible, you pick it up, you turn the pages, you locate a scripture, you read it and you come to the conclusion that yes, its in the Bible. How hard can it be?
    Biblical fact = Something written in the Bible.

Whether it's true or not is irrelevant. Got ya.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 May '14 13:20
    Its a biblical fact.
    If the Noah's ark story is a "Biblical fact", and if it is indeed a "fact" that ~ out of the world's entire population ~ only Noah and his family were saved, and all this happened only 3000 or so years ago, where did all the black Africans, Han Chinese, Amerindians and Polynesians [to name but a few] come from in the relatively brief meantime?
  3. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    27 May '14 16:09
    Its a biblical fact.
    those facts aren't like our facts. they are the magical kind.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 May '14 17:541 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    If the Noah's ark story is a "Biblical fact", and if it is indeed a "fact" that ~ out of the world's entire population ~ only Noah and his family were saved, and all this happened only 3000 or so years ago, where did all the black Africans, Han Chinese, Amerindians and Polynesians [to name but a few] come from in the relatively brief meantime?
    The human race is essentially split into three categories or are you unaware of these designations. Caucasian, Mongliod and Negro. Now you can put it down to coincidence or dismiss it entirely but Noah also had three sons and the Bible gives some details as to the people that they were father to. Whether you accept the Biblical account is irrelevant to me but you asked the question and you got the answer.
  5. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    27 May '14 18:23
    The human race is essentially split into three categories or are you unaware of these designations. Caucasian, Mongliod and Negro. Now you can put it down to coincidence or dismiss it entirely but Noah also had three sons and the Bible gives some details as to the people that they were father to. Whether you accept the Biblical account is irrelevant to me but you asked the question and you got the answer.
    Do you have any evidence to back up this curious hypothesis?
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 May '14 19:04
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Do you have any evidence to back up this curious hypothesis?
    What kind of evidence?
  7. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    27 May '14 20:53
    What kind of evidence?
    any evidence that various different ethnicity's can develop from a handful of individuals of the same ethnicity in less than 2500 years.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 May '14 21:021 edit
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    any evidence that various different ethnicity's can develop from a handful of individuals of the same ethnicity in less than 2500 years.
    its gone from 4000, to 3000 and now its down to 2500 in the space of 2 hrs? Wow, give an inch and you take 500 years! Face the facts, the human race is split onto three general groups, Caucasians, Mongoloids and Negroids. Hold the music, another Biblical fact, Noah had three sons! pure coincidence! I don't think so.
  9. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    27 May '14 21:13
    its gone from 4000, to 3000 and now its down to 2500 in the space of 2 hrs? Wow, give an inch and you take 500 years! Face the facts, the human race is split onto three general groups, Caucasians, Mongoloids and Negroids. Hold the music, another Biblical fact, Noah had three sons! pure coincidence! I don't think so.
    its actually a lot less than 2500, but 2500 is nice and easy as nobody can deny that other ethnicity's were around.

can you point me in the direction of some literature that defines the human race as 3 clear ethnic groups?
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 May '14 21:211 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Comparing the stories of Noah in the Bible and the Qur'an, one comes across these statements:

After the flood Noah lived 350 years. Altogether, Noah lived 950 years, and then he died. Genesis 9:28-29

Indeed, We sent Noah to his people, and he tarried among them a thousand years, all but fifty; so the Flood seized them, while they were evildoers. S. 29: ...[text shortened]... of Noah to only part of his life.

http://www.answering-islam.org/Quran/Contra/noahs_age.html
    This is yet another example of you reading something and assuming it's saying something it's not.

All I'm getting from the "Qur'an" passage is that Noah lived 1000 - 50 = 950 years. How you read all that other crap into it is a mystery.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 May '14 21:421 edit
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    its actually a lot less than 2500, but 2500 is nice and easy as nobody can deny that other ethnicity's were around.

can you point me in the direction of some literature that defines the human race as 3 clear ethnic groups?
    you also want me to do your homework for you? Its lucky for you that me an your ol'man are big time buddies! nom nom.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1762596/
  12. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    27 May '14 22:14
    Originally posted by FMF
    "[Noah] is a highly important figure in Islamic history, as he is counted amongst the earliest prophets sent by God to mankind. According to Islam, Noah's mission was to save a wicked world, plunged in depravity and sin. God charged Noah with the duty of preaching to his people to make them abandon idolatry and to worship only the One Creator and to live good an ...[text shortened]... great significance? Are there any differences that are being brushed over by the above summary?
    Yes. One is true and one is false.
  13. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    27 May '14 22:44
    What kind of evidence?
    Genetic, DNA?
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 May '14 23:59
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    This is yet another example of you reading something and assuming it's saying something it's not.

All I'm getting from the "Qur'an" passage is that Noah lived 1000 - 50 = 950 years. How you read all that other crap into it is a mystery.
    It wasn't me. Look at my reference.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 May '14 00:173 edits
    you also want me to do your homework for you? Its lucky for you that me an your ol'man are big time buddies! nom nom.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1762596/
    From your reference:

Using gene frequency data for 62 protein loci and 23 blood group loci, we studied the genetic relationship of the three major races of man, Caucasoid, Negroid, and Mongoloid. Genetic distance data indicate that Caucasoid and Mongoloid are somewhat closer to each other than to Negroid. Analysis of restriction site data for mitochondrial DNA also shows the same genetic relationship.

The results support the general view that the ancestry of the American Indian is predominantly Mongoloid. All European populations are genetically close to one another except the Lapps, whereas many African, Oceanian, and Amer-indian tribes show large extents of genetic differentiation. The major cause for this differentiation seems to be the bottleneck effect. The Polynesians, Micronesians, and Indonesians are more closely related to the Asian Mongoloids than to the Australoids in Australia and New Guinea. There are also indications that migration played an important role in forming the current genetic relationships among human races. The extent of genetic differentiation between human races is not always correlated with the degree of morphologic differentiation. The genetic differentiation at protein loci seems to occur largely by mutation, genetic drift, and isolation, whereas morphologic characters are apparently subject to stronger natural selection than "average protein loci."

I wonder if these guys are evolutionists. I believe they have been influenced by the evolution fairy tale of millions and billions of years.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree