1. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 May '14 08:37
    Originally posted by FMF
    If it was not incest then are you suggesting it was some kind of unrecorded virgin birth or other miracle? Claiming that the questions are "obvious" or "tiresome" is only dodging them.
    Don't have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels - 2 Timothy 2:23
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 May '14 08:381 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Perhaps [FMF] thinks that their sons wives will transfer no racial characteristics to their respective off spring? Who can say?
    Well why don't you just come out and say what the races [or "racial characteristics"] of his sons and their wives were, seeing as you yourself have used his 'three sons' to explain what you describe as the three categories of humans ~ Caucasian, Mongoloid or Negroid?
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 May '14 08:41
    Originally posted by FMF
    Well why don't you just come out and say what the races [or "racial characteristics"] of his sons and their wives were, seeing as you yourself have used his 'three sons' to explain what you describe as the three categories of humans ~ Caucasian, Mongoloid or Negroid?
    why don't you tell me how i can possibly know. If you cannot then your question is quite stupid for we have no way of knowing.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 May '14 08:42
    The assertion that Noah had three sons who were Caucasian, Mongoloid or Negroid is equally as stupid, for he had a single wife, that these three sons had different wives one would expect their off spring to be somewhat different from each other, especially so if they themselves had widely differing racial characteristics.

How did the three different races that you listed result from the three sons from the same father [Noah]? Are you claiming that their three wives were Caucasian, Mongoloid and Negroid.
  5. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    28 May '14 08:42
    Congratulations, Jesus himself said as much, 'with God all things are possible'.

Could it be that as water drips with constancy it may make a hole in a large rock that you have given up consigning your search for truth to merely unintelligent agencies and some progress has been made?

As to FMF question, the Bible does not say what Noah was an ...[text shortened]... did the monkeys climb down from the tress in China the same time they did in Europe and Africa?
    Progress has been made, but only in understanding how your mind works. If something can't be explained logically or rationally lay down the 'supernatural card', it gets you out of jail every time.

Now, any evidence to support your fandango claim?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 May '14 08:43
    why don't you tell me how i can possibly know. If you cannot then your question is quite stupid for we have no way of knowing.
    How is it that you believe that the story can make any historical or biological sense if you admit that you cannot possibly know how the racial diversity we see in the world came from Noah's offspring?
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 May '14 08:45
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Progress has been made, but only in understanding how your mind works. If something can't be explained logically or rationally lay down the 'supernatural card', it gets you out of jail every time.

Now, any evidence to support your fandango claim?
    I have not said anything about the supernatural and its not a fandango theory, the main racial characteristics of mankind can be split into three distinct categories, the Bible offers an explanation for this, if you don't accept it then so what? You have still not proffered an alternative.
  8. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    28 May '14 08:47
    I have not said anything about the supernatural and its not a fandango theory, the main racial characteristics of mankind can be split into three distinct categories, the Bible offers an explanation for this, if you don't accept it then so what? You have still not proffered an alternative.
    Evidence?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 May '14 08:48
    The Bible does not say what Noah was and we have no way of knowing, making the question as R J Hinds pointed out, not only rather futile but stupid as well. Do you normally ask questions that have no answer?
    Do you assume ~ for your own purposes of believing what you yourself hold to be factual ~ that Noah was one of the race categories, i.e. he was a Caucasian, a Negro, or a Mongoloid, but you don't know which one? Is that how you have thought this through?
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 May '14 08:48
    Originally posted by FMF
    How is it that you believe that the story can make any historical or biological sense if you admit that you cannot possibly know how the racial diversity we see in the world came from Noah's offspring?
    Here are the facts.

1. The racial characteristics of mankind are split into three distinctive categories

2. The Bible offers an explanation of why this is the case.

3.You can either accept it or reject it or provide an alternative hypothesis.

this is rational, logical and entirely reasonable, why is should present any difficulties to logic, reason or rationality, I cannot say, for its perfectly simple and perfectly clear.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 May '14 08:491 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Do you assume ~ for your own purposes of believing what you yourself hold to be factual ~ that Noah was one of the race categories, i.e. he was a Caucasian, a Negro, or a Mongoloid, but you don't know which one? Is that how you have thought this through?
    He was a human being, thats all I know. why this should be difficult to understand I cannot say. Why you fail to understand that to go beyond this is a futile exercise in speculation i also cannot say, but then again, when one asks as silly questions as you have, i don't expect a great deal of rationality nor logic.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 May '14 08:50
    One alternative is that mankind has been evolving for a couple of million years, explaining racial diversity, and that there was no point in time ~ a few thousand years ago ~ when the whole of mankind was wiped out and then 'restarted' by a single human and his three biological sons.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 May '14 08:521 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    One alternative is that mankind has been evolving for a couple of million years, explaining racial diversity, and that there was no point in time ~ a few thousand years ago ~ when the whole of mankind was wiped out and then 'restarted' by a single human and his three biological sons.
    You don't say, so why is there three distinct racial categories, did the monkeys in China, the monkeys in Africa and the monkeys in Europe come down from the trees at the same time?
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 May '14 08:52
    He was a human being, thats all I know. why this should be difficult to understand I cannot say. Why you fail to understand that to go beyond this is a futile exercise in speculation i also cannot say, but then again, when one asks as silly questions as you have, i don't expect a great deal of rationality nor logic.
    Yes but you have obviously thought about the racial question ~ you even listed them. So how did you think it through so as to square what you believe to be factual with the reality in the world as we see it now?
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 May '14 08:53
    Originally posted by FMF
    Yes but you have obviously thought about the racial question ~ you even listed them. So how did you think it through so as to square what you believe to be factual with the reality in the world as we see it now?
    I have already elucidated on the thought process, i will not do so again, its tiresome and tedious to repeat oneself again and again.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree