Noah ~ the Islamic prophet

Noah ~ the Islamic prophet

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
28 May 14

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
You don't say, so why is there three distinct racial categories, did the monkeys in China, the monkeys in Africa and the monkeys in Europe come down from the trees at the same time?
I don't know for sure. Perhaps. Two million or more years is a long time for differences to emerge. How do you think the current racial diversity can have resulted from one man a mere few thousand years ago ~ now that you have stated that you are not saying anything about it being supernatural?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
28 May 14

Here are the facts.

1. The racial characteristics of mankind are split into three distinctive categories

2. The Bible offers an explanation of why this is the case.

3.You can either accept it or reject it or provide an alternative hypothesis.

this is rational, logical and entirely reasonable, why is should present any difficulties to logic, reason or rationality, I cannot say, for its perfectly simple and perfectly clear.
I thought you claimed to be a 'man of science' who doesn't make unsubstantiated claims?!

Evidence Robert, where is your evidence? Surely there should be mountains of genetic evidence to support your claims?

F

Moves
28 May 14

I have already elucidated on the thought process, i will not do so again, its tiresome and tedious to repeat oneself again and again.
The reason I am asking the question again is because you have not shared your thought process yet. I accept you believe what you believe, but I am interested in your explanation how you can reconcile the "facts" of the Noah story with the facts in the world as we now see it.

rc

Moves
28 May 14

Originally posted by FMF
I don't know for sure. Perhaps. Two million or more years is a long time for differences to emerge. How do you think the current racial diversity can have resulted from one man a mere few thousand years ago ~ now that you have stated that you are not saying anything about it being supernatural?
you don't know? you have no idea? you cannot explain why there is three distinctive racial characteristics among mankind? Well well, all hail the God of Science!

rc

Moves
28 May 14

Originally posted by FMF
The reason I am asking the question again is because you have not shared your thought process yet. I accept you believe what you believe, but I am interested in your explanation how you can reconcile the "facts" of the Noah story with the facts in the world as we now see it.
for the second time

Here are the facts.

1. The racial characteristics of mankind are split into three distinctive categories

F

Moves
28 May 14

The Bible says there were three sons. How do you claim this can result in "1. The racial characteristics of mankind are split into three distinctive categories". What would Noah's race have to have been ~ and his wife's race? And His sons' races ~ and their wives' races? When you decided that you accepted the Bible's 'three sons' explanation, what was your thought process for deciding it did result in the racial diversity we see in the world today?

rc

Moves
28 May 14

Originally posted by Proper Knob
I thought you claimed to be a 'man of science' who doesn't make unsubstantiated claims?!

Evidence Robert, where is your evidence? Surely there should be mountains of genetic evidence to support your claims?
Take a look at mankind, you will find, generally speaking, Caucasian, Mongoloid and Negroid. The Bible offers an explanation as to why this is the case, you can either accept it, reject it or offer an alternative hypothesis.

F

Moves
28 May 14

Perhaps I will accept it when you explain how you yourself thought through how you can get from [2] the Bible's supposed "explanation" and [1] the reality of the world's current racial diversity.

F

Moves
28 May 14

Take a look at mankind, you will find, generally speaking, Caucasian, Mongoloid and Negroid. The Bible offers an explanation as to why this is the case, you can either accept it, reject it or offer an alternative hypothesis.
How do you think, scientifically speaking, the Bible's 'three sons' explanation could explain the current diversity of mankind?

rc

Moves
28 May 14

Originally posted by FMF
The Bible says there were three sons. How do you claim this can result in "1. The racial characteristics of mankind are split into three distinctive categories". What would Noah's race have to have been ~ and his wife's race? And His sons' races ~ and their wives' races? When you decided that you accepted the Bible's 'three sons' explanation, what was your thought process for deciding it did result in the racial diversity we see in the world today?
Yawn, repeated now for the fourth or fifth time, I don't know what Noah or his wife nor his sons nor their wives racial characteristics were nor is there any way of knowing. You asked a question, you got answer, you can accept it, reject it or offer an alternative.

rc

Moves
28 May 14

Originally posted by FMF
How do you think, scientifically speaking, the Bible's 'three sons' explanation could explain the current diversity of mankind?
tiresome and tedious, sorry but i have better things to do than answer the same questions again and again and again and sometimes again.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
28 May 14

I get that. Do you have any evidence to support your theory? You either do or you don't.

rc

Moves
28 May 14
2 edits

Originally posted by Proper Knob
I get that. Do you have any evidence to support your theory? You either do or you don't.
take a look at humankind, you will find from China, all across the Russian steppes, Mongolia, Norther Afghanistan into Lapland, Northern Sweden and Norway all along the arctic tundra, across to North America and Alaska and down to south America Mongoloid peoples, in Europe and Asia minor into Iran and India, down to Sri Lanka you will find Caucasian and from Africa you will find Negroid. How hard can it be?

F

Moves
28 May 14

I don't know what Noah or his wife nor his sons nor their wives racial characteristics were nor is there any way of knowing.
So what was your thought process for accepting ~ on a scientific level ~ the 'three sons - one family - a few thousand years' explanation?

F

Moves
28 May 14
1 edit

Robbie, is your scientific thought process on this issue a secret? You seem to be trying to keep it secret.