1. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    29 Jan '14 22:30
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Yes I did pay close attention to what you said, and I am saying you are wrong. Are you paying attention to that?
    that is your opinion. my opinion is backed by engineers saying such a ship is impossible. what backing do you have?
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Jan '14 22:37
    Originally posted by galveston75
    No it doesn't, I never said there was. But common sense can tell by the simple description that is was designed by God to float, not go on some merry trip propelled by some magical engine, oars or sails you seem to think existed on it and because of that it needed a bow? Right. Why can't you ever just take the word of the Bible exactly for what it says e ...[text shortened]... e it had to go during the flood?
    Still trying to manuver thru the Bible on your own as usual.
    I am not assuming this boat had to go anywhere. And I did not say it had a motor, sail, rudder, or the like. But you should not be assuming you know all about how it looks from just a general instruction on how to build it.

The fact is that a boat has been found in the general area and with the general characteristics of the one described by the Holy Bible. So I think you need more than mere guess work to rule it out as the remains of the real Noah's ark.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Jan '14 22:482 edits
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    that is your opinion. my opinion is backed by engineers saying such a ship is impossible. what backing do you have?
    I don't know where you get your information. Man has been revising what they thought we possible and impossible for years, so this appears to be no different. What about the flexible tissue found in a T-Rex bone and the dinosaur found with skin? Impossible the expert said. Wrong again!
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    29 Jan '14 23:31
    I am not assuming this boat had to go anywhere. And I did not say it had a motor, sail, rudder, or the like. But you should not be assuming you know all about how it looks from just a general instruction on how to build it.

The fact is that a boat has been found in the general area and with the general characteristics of the one described by the Holy Bib ...[text shortened]... I think you need more than mere guess work to rule it out as the remains of the real Noah's ark.
    I'm not asuming anything. I read what the Bible says, what God had written down and go with that. Nothing at all ever said that is was to do more then float and protect the life in it. The right angle design could never be improved upon by what man thinks it should have looked like.
    Also this ship shaped design that you are so interested in on top of this mountain would have been a terrible place for God to have planned for this to stop and unload as it is obvious that God would have protected and guided this valueable vessel thru this flood event.
    The Bible does not say it landed on MT Ararat but that it landed in the Ararat Mountains or region.

From WIKI:

"The "Mountains of Ararat" in Genesis clearly refer to a general region, not a specific mountain. Biblical Ararat corresponds to Assyrian Urartu (and Persian Arminya) the name of the kingdom which at the time controlled the Lake Van region".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mountains_of_Ararat
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Jan '14 03:25
    I'm not asuming anything. I read what the Bible says, what God had written down and go with that. Nothing at all ever said that is was to do more then float and protect the life in it. The right angle design could never be improved upon by what man thinks it should have looked like.
    Also this ship shaped design that you are so interested in on top of t ...[text shortened]... at the time controlled the Lake Van region".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mountains_of_Ararat
    You apparently never looked at the referenced videos I provided. This boat was not found anywhere on Mount Ararat. Check out the video and then you might be able to make a good argument. Right now, You are just speaking false nonsense and setting up a strawman to knock down.
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    30 Jan '14 03:26
    You apparently never looked at the referenced videos I provided. This boat was not found anywhere on Mount Ararat. Check out the video and then you might be able to make a good argument. Right now, You are just speaking false nonsense and setting up a strawman to knock down.
    Whatever.....
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Jan '14 03:36
    Whatever.....
    Check them out, because I am called to be ...

The Moron Instructor
  8. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    30 Jan '14 06:30
    Not saying it didn't but why would the ark need anchors? None were mentioned in the bible....
    Good question and your right none are mentioned in the bible

Manny
  9. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    30 Jan '14 06:32
    I agree with G-man the bible says the mountain(s) plural I do not think the ark rested on Mt. Arat at all for one it's a freaking volcano and also the top is capped by a glacier year around

Manny
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Jan '14 06:401 edit
    Originally posted by menace71
    I agree with G-man the bible says the mountain(s) plural I do not think the ark rested on Mt. Arat at all for one it's a freaking volcano and also the top is capped by a glacier year around

Manny
    No problem. He who has ears to hear and eyes to see check out the reference material I gave for the explanations.

Here is one paragraph from the reference material:

"The name Ararat, as it appears in the Bible, is the Hebrew equivalent of ...Urartu, ancient country of southwest Asia...mentioned in Assyrian sources from the early 13th century BC" Encyclopaedia Britanica 15th ed. Some have mistakenly assumed the Bible meant the ark came to rest on Mount Ararat (Agri Dagh), but that is not the case. Mount Ararat is 17,000 feet tall, and is a post-Flood volcanic mountain that gained its height after the Flood, therefore there is no reason to assume it is a more likely candidate for the resting place of the ark, instead it is a less likely candidate. The ark came to rest in the mountains of the ancient country of Urartu, not on Mt. Ararat.

The Moron Instructor
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Jan '14 07:51
    Although most people think of the Ark as being rectangular, that only applies to the top decks. The sleek shape of the hull is necessary to enable the huge ship to remain stable in the water and survive tremendous waves.

The huge anchors would have been suspended from the keel of the ship. This was a common practice among ancient mariners to stabilize a heavy ship and ensure that the bow is always facing the on-coming waves. A "top heavy" ship, such as the Ark, could easily be capsized by a wave approaching from the side.

http://www.sunnyskyz.com/good-news/470/Noah-s-Ark-Has-Been-Found-Why-Are-They-Keeping-Us-In-The-Dark-
  12. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    30 Jan '14 09:20
    I don't know where you get your information. Man has been revising what they thought we possible and impossible for years, so this appears to be no different. What about the flexible tissue found in a T-Rex bone and the dinosaur found with skin? Impossible the expert said. Wrong again!
    What about the flexible tissue found in a T-Rex bone and the dinosaur found with skin?

link goes here
  13. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    30 Jan '14 09:29
    Although most people think of the Ark as being rectangular, that only applies to the top decks. The sleek shape of the hull is necessary to enable the huge ship to remain stable in the water and survive tremendous waves.

The huge anchors would have been suspended from the keel of the ship. This was a common practice among ancient mariners to stabilize a h ...[text shortened]... //www.sunnyskyz.com/good-news/470/Noah-s-Ark-Has-Been-Found-Why-Are-They-Keeping-Us-In-The-Dark-
    his rectangular shape helps the ship not sink due to taking water. his rectangular shape will sink because it cannot float properly

your sleek shape helps the ship not sink due to instability, but it will sink due to lower decks being flooded.

both of you condemn noah (had he existed) to a watery grave. shame on you.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Jan '14 09:34
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    his rectangular shape helps the ship not sink due to taking water. his rectangular shape will sink because it cannot float properly

your sleek shape helps the ship not sink due to instability, but it will sink due to lower decks being flooded.

both of you condemn noah (had he existed) to a watery grave. shame on you.
    You are defintely a moron in need of ...

The Moron Instructor
  15. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    30 Jan '14 09:54
    You are defintely a moron in need of ...

The Moron Instructor
    How do you explain the relative ages of mountains? For example, why weren't the Sierra Nevadas eroded as much as the Appalachians during the Flood?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree