Noah's Ark

Noah's Ark

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
07 Jul 05

Originally posted by KneverKnight
Why are no dinosaur bones found above wooly mammoth bones?
Why are pterodons buried so deep?
I suppose these are questions for "paleontologists" though.
Maybe because they were standing in different places when they were
buried by all the junk that allowed them to be fossels instead of dust?
Kelly

K
Strawman

Not Kansas

Moves
07 Jul 05

Originally posted by KellyJay
You disagree?
Kelly

🙂
*sigh*
Not literally
If SciencecategoryA is composed of 100 scientists and 99 of these scientists hold Theory X, then in common English one can say that SciencecategoryA says X.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
07 Jul 05

*sigh*
Not literally
If SciencecategoryA is composed of 100 scientists and 99 of these scientists hold Theory X, then in common English one can say that SciencecategoryA says X.
Or to be acturate you could say 99 out of a 100 SciencecategoryA
say Theory X is correct.
Kelly

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
07 Jul 05

Or to be acturate you could say 99 out of a 100 SciencecategoryA
say Theory X is correct.
Kelly
Or to be realistic you could say 99,999 out of 100,000.

K
Strawman

Not Kansas

Moves
07 Jul 05

Maybe because they were standing in different places when they were
buried by all the junk that allowed them to be fossels instead of dust?
Kelly
I'm telling, you called God's water junk.
Lets see now, dinos were big, mammoths were big, but smaller than dinos, the flood comes and in a panic the small animals jump on the large animals' backs. That's why dinos are below mammoths, oh that's brilliant.
Still doesnt explain the flyers, but hey, what does?

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
07 Jul 05

Your wife is a very wise woman ...😀
Of course she is, just look at her wise choice of husbands.

K
Strawman

Not Kansas

Moves
07 Jul 05

Originally posted by frogstomp
Of course she is, just look at her wise choice of husbands.
Yes, yes, birds of a feather and all that, jolly good ...

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
07 Jul 05

Originally posted by KellyJay the belief
is just that a matter of faith as most of the Bible is. There are a lot
of things within the 'class room' that must all be accepted as a belief
because no one has seen them, nor will they ever see them.
Kelly[/b]
Whatever you do, don't let facts interfere with your beliefs.
You have defined superstition.
Angela

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
07 Jul 05

Originally posted by caissad4
Whatever you do, don't let facts interfere with your beliefs.
You have defined superstition.
Angela
or the lack of them yours
Kelly

c

Moves
07 Jul 05

Originally posted by telerion
Come again??? What sort of geologist are you?

Have you been doing one of those mail-order doctoral degrees? Maybe in Flood Geology from Jesus Christ Correspondence University?

If you are a geologist, do you try to publish your amazing findings in top scientific journals? It seems to me that if you are sitting on enough evidence to support your th ...[text shortened]... stigious articles out of it.

Last question: What's the top prize in the field of geology?
Be careful. Attacking the messenger might feel good, but doesn't really win your case. I expected this kind of credibility-challenging approach Tel, but not from you. If all you could accomplish with this is to reduce my 'authority' (if only by inuendo) then you've only avoided the merits of the argument (and revealed that that you are willing to try). And that is more demeaning to you than to me.

As far as what sort of geologist I am; I have a BS in geology from the U of Wisconsin. I worked in the field one summer, 23 years ago, and then married and moved on. (Long, sad personal story.)

None of this changes the fact that the Grand Canyon was much more likely formed from the massive draining of a newly uplifted continent than the pitiful theory that it was eroded into existence by the Colorado river.

Putting all religion and faith issues aside, a common sense look at the evidence should be enough to persuade anyone who also puts irreligion and antifaith issues aside.

Evidence like cross strata fossils (vertical tree trunks that pass through several sedimentary layers), massive coal deposits that bely uniformitarianistic theories of age-long deposition rates, evidence of mammoth mammoth populations in the arctic, giant fossil graveyards that indicate tremendous flooding which not only drowned the animals, but sorted, deposited and buried them in a hurry, etc. etc....is very overwhelming.

It's been said that Fundies are simple minded, unthinking followers of the church's non scientific leaders. I've encountered more church-goers, however, who, just like the unchurched, are simple minded, unthinking followers of the nation's, pseudo scientific, evolution minded educational propagandists who fill every nature show on the air with natural origin assumptions and totally unscientific assertions. These are of course, merely, but firmly, based on the unprovable premise, chosen to lead to the desired conclusion.

Listen closely next time you watch one of these shows. Set your credibility alarm to high sensitivity so that it goes off every time you hear an untested (untestable!) assertion. You'll find out that you are being asked to live by faith to a larger degree than I am!

n
Lost

Copenhagen

Moves
07 Jul 05

Would you care to elaborate on any of those claims? Names of places where these things are found, and perhaps with a peer reviewed article or two to back it up with?

c

Moves
07 Jul 05

Originally posted by nickybutt
Would you care to elaborate on any of those claims? Names of places where these things are found, and perhaps with a peer reviewed article or two to back it up with?
Oh brother.

n
Lost

Copenhagen

Moves
07 Jul 05

Oh sister 🙂

c

Moves
07 Jul 05

Originally posted by nickybutt
The evidence is there to be considered. If one is determined to simply shoot holes, instead of thinking carefully, then the evidence just goes to waste, and the hole shooter's life is wasted.

Let me know if you are not the hole shooter I'm supposing you to be and I'll provide some interesting resources for you.

n
Lost

Copenhagen

Moves
07 Jul 05

Originally posted by chinking58
The evidence is there to be considered. If one is determined to simply shoot holes, instead of thinking carefully, then the evidence just goes to waste, and the hole shooter's life is wasted.

Let me know if you are not the hole shooter I'm supposing you to be and I'll provide some interesting resources for you.
Well, I consider myself as a careful thinker, so please give me something to think about.