Noah's Ark

Noah's Ark

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

d

Riding the Atom Bomb

Moves
06 Jul 05

Originally posted by KneverKnight
In a few billion years our sun will go nova and burn the Earth, so this is one prediction that can't fail.
Unless God steps in.....

Hmmm . . .

Moves
06 Jul 05

So it's all Noah's fault?
Think about this, Noah was presumably the Best Man In The World and he didn't give a sh1t about anyone else except himself.
These old tales have a low opinion of humanity, it's a pity that these ideas spread to Rome.
Wow, that hit me between the eyes! 🙂

I'm not into "blame the victim," and maybe I get lost in the "forest" of the stories themselves. The original Noah story says the flood came on account of humanity's wickedness; I didn't even address that (and apparently neither did the Zohar). I took the point of the Zohar story to say, when you know the flood is coming, do something to help your neighbors-- even, within the paradigm of the story, standing up to God to do so. One talmudic view on Noah is that it says he was "righteous in his age," meaning he wouldn't have been any great shakes in the age of Abrham, Moses, etc.

With all that said, however... my wife says to you "Good answer!," and to me that I need to think about it. So....

K
Strawman

Not Kansas

Moves
07 Jul 05

Originally posted by vistesd
Wow, that hit me between the eyes! 🙂

I'm not into "blame the victim," and maybe I get lost in the "forest" of the stories themselves. The original Noah story says the flood came on account of humanity's wickedness; I didn't even address that (and apparently neither did the Zohar). I took the point of the Zohar story to say, when you know the f ...[text shortened]... owever... my wife says to you "Good answer!," and to me that I need to think about it. So....
Your wife is a very wise woman ...😀

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
07 Jul 05

So it's all Noah's fault?
Think about this, Noah was presumably the Best Man In The World and he didn't give a sh1t about anyone else except himself.
These old tales have a low opinion of humanity, it's a pity that these ideas spread to Rome.
Why do you think Noah was like that? Does it say Noah was anywhere?
Kelly

K
Strawman

Not Kansas

Moves
07 Jul 05

Originally posted by KellyJay
Why do you think Noah was like that? Does it say Noah was anywhere?
Kelly
Read the post I was responding to ...

c

Moves
07 Jul 05

Was impossible. It never happened.
Pros? Cons?
Was possible. Did happen.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
07 Jul 05

Read the post I was responding to ...
I was thinking it was something out of scripture that brought that on,
I was mistaken I see.
Kelly

K
Strawman

Not Kansas

Moves
07 Jul 05

Originally posted by chinking58
Was possible. Did happen.
Do you have any new evidence?

c

Moves
07 Jul 05

Do you have any new evidence?
I'm a geologist. The evidence for a worldwide aquatic cataclysm is everywhere! But you asked for 'new' evidence and mine is somewhere's around 6000 years old.

K
Strawman

Not Kansas

Moves
07 Jul 05

I'm a geologist. The evidence for a worldwide aquatic cataclysm is everywhere! But you asked for 'new' evidence and mine is somewhere's around 6000 years old.
So geology says it happened?

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
07 Jul 05

Come again??? What sort of geologist are you?

Have you been doing one of those mail-order doctoral degrees? Maybe in Flood Geology from Jesus Christ Correspondence University?

If you are a geologist, do you try to publish your amazing findings in top scientific journals? It seems to me that if you are sitting on enough evidence to support your theory, you should get a few hundred prestigious articles out of it.

Last question: What's the top prize in the field of geology?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
07 Jul 05

So geology says it happened?
Geology like all other science does not say anything, people do. 🙂
Kelly

K
Strawman

Not Kansas

Moves
07 Jul 05

Originally posted by KellyJay
Geology like all other science does not say anything, people do. 🙂
Kelly
Don't be thick.

K
Strawman

Not Kansas

Moves
07 Jul 05

Why are no dinosaur bones found above wooly mammoth bones?
Why are pterodons buried so deep?
I suppose these are questions for "paleontologists" though.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
07 Jul 05

Don't be thick.
You disagree?
Kelly

🙂