1. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    18 Dec '05 18:19
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    That is a load a bunk, Satan simply twisted reality before Adam and
    Eve and they went for it. Satan's objection was that he wasn't God
    and wanted others to be as unhappy about it as he was.
    Kelly
    if you change one single " , " to an " : " then I can agree with you, but you also need to add the appropriate quotation marks for clarity.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    18 Dec '05 19:01
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Is there anyone on this site who believes the Biblical account of Noahs Ark to be accurate and that the flood covered the whole world (not just a region)
    If so how do you explain:
    How to fit representatives of all the animals in the world into an ark? It is interesting that insects and plants dont seem to be mentioned that much.
    How they subsequently s ...[text shortened]... account literally but do believe in the creation account then why one story and not the other ?
    Its even worse than that. A lot of Christians believe (editorial:
    Foolishly) that dinosaurs walked the earth with mankind.
    So the next question, which BTW was er, "answered", was how do they
    fit all those dino's on the ark, forget the mammals!
    Their 'answer':
    They only took babies!
  3. Joined
    17 Jun '05
    Moves
    18 Dec '05 21:23
    Originally posted by Halitose
    *Rubs hands in glee*

Another free will debate.
    One thats going to get me killed but prove me right.
  4. Joined
    17 Jun '05
    Moves
    18 Dec '05 21:25
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Its even worse than that. A lot of Christians believe (editorial:
    Foolishly) that dinosaurs walked the earth with mankind.
    So the next question, which BTW was er, "answered", was how do they
    fit all those dino's on the ark, forget the mammals!
    Their 'answer':
    They only took babies!
    What i thought was they thought there were dinosaurs but the flood killed them. Although this is not what i will be puting on my geology exam when it comes.
  5. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    18 Dec '05 22:13
    Originally posted by Halitose
    [b]There are carnivores which can't survive without eating meat or getting supplements which are not found naturally.

Really? Naturally? Like "modern-naturally"? Would you care to substantiate which carnivores these are? 😀[/b]
    He's absolutely right, not all mammals can synthesize all the amino acids necessary for proper growth and development. For example humans.
  6. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    18 Dec '05 22:20
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    The plants lived, take an apple from a tree does not kill the tree,
    but fruit I don't believe was part what I was talking about. Man's
    life and I suppose those of animals the living creatures that moved
    about the planet would have lived. I used to say there was no death,
    but someone pointed out what occurs to the fruit and I had to change
    my mind on that point.
    Kelly
    Yes, but if an animal eats all the tree's leaves it will die. Life isn't just about big things like people and lions, single cells are alive, so unless you are saying that all these animals were fruitivorous, and that the fruit cells were technically dead, then the cells would have been alive whilst being digested, just as they are nowadays.

So, the bible creation story / Adam and Eve, comes down to interpretation of a less than perfect text (again). ho hum.....
  7. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    19 Dec '05 03:10
    Originally posted by telerion
    Does this mean that God's design is imperfect?

Anyway, you're dodging the question a bit. Let me rephrase. You've suggested that free will can only obtain in a world with evil. I'm asking if it is better to have a world with evil and free will or one without evil and without free will.
    I am not suggesting any such thing. I did say the question, the crux for man in the Garden (and ours here in human history) is a choice either for or against God. To not have the opportunity to choose the knowledge of good and evil, would not have sufficiently answered Satan's objection.
    The choice having been made, evil must now run its course, and man must have free will regarding the same... in human history.
  8. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    19 Dec '05 03:58
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    I am not suggesting any such thing. I did say the question, the crux for man in the Garden (and ours here in human history) is a choice either for or against God. To not have the opportunity to choose the knowledge of good and evil, would not have sufficiently answered Satan's objection.
    The choice having been made, evil must now run its course, and man must have free will regarding the same... in human history.
    I'm sorry what was "Satan's objection"? Are you referring to the xian extra-Biblical tradition that Lucifer rebelled openly against God and that 1/3 of the angels were cast out of heaven with him, that God created the Earth as a sort of prison for them, and that He decided in his clever God sort of way to choose Satan's kingdom as the birthplace for his ultimate creation (Man)? I think I saw that story in a Chick track once. Those Chick tracks are so entertaining.
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Dec '05 08:46
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    Yes, but if an animal eats all the tree's leaves it will die. Life isn't just about big things like people and lions, single cells are alive, so unless you are saying that all these animals were fruitivorous, and that the fruit cells were technically dead, then the cells would have been alive whilst being digested, just as they are nowadays.

So, ...[text shortened]... ry / Adam and Eve, comes down to interpretation of a less than perfect text (again). ho hum.....
    I understand life is more than just 'big' animals. I'm simply sharing
    about the text as written. I believe unlike in todays world, had not
    sin entered into the mix, all would have been done properly. Sin
    basically broke the conection not only between man and God but
    all of creation. Later in scripture even animals if they killed a human
    were to be put to death. I can only imagine that law was not
    something necessary before the fall, because all would have behaved
    as they should, keeping reality in proper perspective.
    Kelly

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree