1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    31 Dec '17 21:01
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    I'll ask you again:

Jesus said a lot about love, tolerance and acceptance. Can you cite a quote from him that made clear this did not include homosexuality. Just one will suffice.

Edit: Also a simple question.
    Mark 7

20 He went on: “What comes out of a person is what defiles them. 21 For it is from within, out of a person’s heart, that evil thoughts come—sexual immorality, theft, murder, 22 adultery, greed, malice, deceit, lewdness, envy, slander, arrogance and folly. 23 All these evils come from inside and defile a person.”

Sexual immorality is a sin.

You will ask why is homosexuality inherently sexual immorality. I will ask you what sex is immoral according to God?
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    31 Dec '17 21:01
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Heck, let's make it a decade.
    Cool by me .. lets petition the mods. 😀
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    31 Dec '17 21:03
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Mark 7

20 He went on: “What comes out of a person is what defiles them. 21 For it is from within, out of a person’s heart, that evil thoughts come—sexual immorality, theft, murder, 22 adultery, greed, malice, deceit, lewdness, envy, slander, arrogance and folly. 23 All these evils come from inside and defile a person.”

Sexual immorality is a sin.

...[text shortened]... homosexuality inherently sexual immorality. I will ask you what sex is immoral according to God?
    Christians are not called on to focus on specific sins of others. The prime directive from Christ is to teach others about how to live righteously and to follow after good works.

Why are you obsessed with specific sins of others? God will deal with these sins.
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    31 Dec '17 21:111 edit
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Christians are not called on to focus on specific sins of others. The prime directive from Christ is to teach others about how to live righteously and to follow after good works.

Why are you obsessed with specific sins of others? God will deal with these sins.
    Christians are called to recognize sin.

I take it you realize that homosexuality is a sin.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    31 Dec '17 21:24
    Christians are called to recognize sin.

I take it you realize that homosexuality is a sin.
    They are called on to recognise sin in THEMSELVES.
    They are to exhort OTHERS about sin and righteousness.
    If these exhortations fall on deaf ears then they are required to MOVE ALONG.

Obsession with the sins of others is a grave flaw.
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    31 Dec '17 21:301 edit
    They are called on to recognise sin in THEMSELVES.
    They are to exhort OTHERS about sin and righteousness.
    If these exhortations fall on deaf ears then they are required to MOVE ALONG.

Obsession with the sins of others is a grave flaw.
    One must first recognize what is sinful and what is not. Is it your position that each person gets to define what is sinful and what is not sinful?

Will you answer the question about homosexuality being a sin? Probably not
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    31 Dec '17 21:47
    One must first recognize what is sinful and what is not. Is it your position that each person gets to define what is sinful and what is not sinful?

Will you answer the question about homosexuality being a sin? Probably not
    Homosexuality is a sin. If there are some in the world who do not recognise that then what is that to you. It is Gods job to send a judge to deal with that matter. Why are you obsessed?
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    31 Dec '17 21:49
    Homosexuality is a sin. If there are some in the world who do not recognise that then what is that to you. It is Gods job to send a judge to deal with that matter. Why are you obsessed?
    Well that's one person. Thank you for answering the simple question which is the purpose of this thread.

I wonder how many others will be willing to out themselves as ones who disagree with the majority.
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    31 Dec '17 21:561 edit
    Well that's one person. Thank you for answering the simple question which is the purpose of this thread.

I wonder how many others will be willing to out themselves as ones who disagree with the majority.
    You need help.. go get yourself some. In fact you might be the type that Jesus would have to ask if you are without sin yourself.
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    31 Dec '17 22:19
    You need help.. go get yourself some. In fact you might be the type that Jesus would have to ask if you are without sin yourself.
    Who am I about to execute?

Where did Jesus ever say it is immoral to identify sin?
  11. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    01 Jan '18 00:14
    Answer the simple question. If you want to analyze the topic start a thread to do so. All you are doing is trying to avoid answering the simple question.
    If you are talking about the OP question, I cannot do it and I do not know if anyone can.
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    01 Jan '18 00:25
    Originally posted by @js357
    If you are talking about the OP question, I cannot do it and I do not know if anyone can.
    So you are saying that the NT does not say homosexuality is no longer sinful.

Do you agree that Jesus tells us that sexual immotality is sinful?
  13. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    01 Jan '18 06:172 edits
    So you are saying that the NT does not say homosexuality is no longer sinful.

Do you agree that Jesus tells us that sexual immotality is sinful?
    No, it doesn’t say “homosexuality is no longer sinful” but for all I know the OT didn’t ascribe sinfulness to homosexuality, perhaps because the concept of sin was not at the level of development in the OT that it was later in the NT and for that matter the concept of sin was not as fully developed in the NT as it was later, up to our time. But you call such thoughts evasive.

There is no point in attempting to open your mind up to possibilities, and I suspect you take comfort in this that you are safe from contamination. All I can do is let all this make me think and be thankful to take in the thinking of others, including yours.

The idea that sexual congress between adult males was sinful in the NT is not beyond question, as it may have been pederasty or prostitution that was condemned. I know you won’t read cited links or will dismiss them so won’t bother.

“Do you agree that Jesus tells us that sexual immotality is sinful?”

Show me the exact wording and I will check, and if true, agree that it is the text cited.
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    01 Jan '18 06:38
    Originally posted by @js357
    No, it doesn’t say “homosexuality is no longer sinful” but for all I know the OT didn’t ascribe sinfulness to homosexuality, perhaps because the concept of sin was not at the level of development in the OT that it was later in the NT and for that matter the concept of sin was not as fully developed in the NT as it was later, up to our time. But you call such ...[text shortened]... l?”

Show me the exact wording and I will check, and if true, agree that it is the text cited.
    Have you not read Leviticus chapters 18 and 20?
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    01 Jan '18 07:03
    Have you not read Leviticus chapters 18 and 20?
    Why do you continue to quote from a text that has been supplanted for Gentiles and therefore for Christians?

As I said, show me the text of your claim in the NT.

Sorry, but Jesus and his teachings supercedes Moses and his law.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree