you certainly haven't.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Jul '12 02:45
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Obama Mocks The Holy Bible

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=Hi-V_ilJu0w&feature=endscreen
    As the commentary under the video clip says "Obama suggested that it would be impractical to govern based solely on the word of the Bible." Can't see how anyone can seriously disagree with this.
  4. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    03 Jul '12 02:53

That was one of the more sensible things I've heard a US politician say. 🙂
  5. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    03 Jul '12 04:091 edit

Obama didn't say anything in this Video which one might not hear on any given Sunday by hundreds of American clegymen with a humorous delivery in their preaching.

I have heard plenty of preachers get chuckles from audiences by saying something ironic like this. They were not flagged with "mocking the Bible."

The mocking is not of the Bible at all. It is off the way certain people selectively use Scripture to justify that which is their natural philosophy, which they would probably have even if they were Buddhists.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    03 Jul '12 04:31
    Originally posted by jaywill
    Obama didn't say anything in this Video which one might not hear on any given Sunday by hundreds of American clegymen with a humorous delivery in their preaching.

I have heard plenty of preachers get chuckles from audiences by saying something ironic like this. They were not flagged with "mocking the Bible."

The mocking is not of the Bibl ...[text shortened]... hich is their natural philosophy, which they would probably have even if they were Buddhists.
    This is another point I disagree with you on. Unless Obama clarified his statements as not meaning what he said, then I must agree with the commentator of the video that Obama does not understand scripture and therefore can not possibly be a Christian no matter how many times he goes to a Christian church.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    03 Jul '12 04:362 edits
    This is another point I disagree with you on. Unless Obama clarified his statements as not meaning what he said, then I must agree with the commentator of the video that Obama does not understand scripture and therefore can not possibly be a Christian no matter how many times he goes to a Christian church.
    And the fundamental reason, which you undoubtedly cannot even admit to yourself by yourself, is that he is black. This is as clear as a bell. I fully expect you to vehemently deny deny deny but it is true true true.

Let me also go out on another limb, you don't thinkPresident Obama was born in the USA and is Muslim.

There is one thing you and your republican cohorts forget: He is the United States President and you owe him the respect of the office.

Something else you will deny deny deny.

As one example, you vilified President Obama for putting out a 750 billion dollar incentive plan.

But you praised President Bush's 750 billion dollar incentive plan and half of that money is uncounted for to this day but that doesn't matter in the slightest because President Bush was republican.

If President Obama lost track of hundreds of billions of dollars like the Bush administration did with his incentive plan which had ZERO accountability you would have vilified him and hounded him every day of his office but when President Bush did it, hey, he's helping America.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Jul '12 04:38
    "I must agree with the commentator of the video...". This is the crux of it. The Obama hate machine is trying to press your buttons. If they really had a Gotcha! with this clip they would have posted it and let it speak for itself. Instead we get a "commentator" who overdubs a series of laughable straw men and extrapolations, all of which feed off the malignant, humorless pomposity of the kind of people who then post the link in blogs and chat forums.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    03 Jul '12 05:581 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    And the fundamental reason, which you undoubtedly cannot even admit to yourself by yourself, is that he is black. This is as clear as a bell. I fully expect you to vehemently deny deny deny but it is true true true.

Let me also go out on another limb, you don't thinkPresident Obama was born in the USA and is Muslim.

There is one thing you and your rep unded him every day of his office but when President Bush did it, hey, he's helping America.
    I never said anything about Obama's incentive plan or Bush's incentive plan. You must be confusing me with someone else.

Obama is proud of his Muslim roots and Obama attended a Muslim school in Indonesia for two years as a child, he wrote in "Dreams From My Father," his first memoir.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/06/03/obama-renews-openness-muslim-roots-ahead-egypt-speech/#ixzz1zXIu8hVq

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/06/03/obama-renews-openness-muslim-roots-ahead-egypt-speech/
  10. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    03 Jul '12 06:173 edits

You got a hold of a sound bite. You fell for it. I had no problem in discerning what the meaning of his words were.

The matter is rather simple. You just took in hook, line, and sinker, a sound bite packaged by right wingers to inflame religious folks, that a person they wouldn't want for their president anyway, is, to boot, against their Christianity.
  11. Joined
    28 Dec '11
    Moves
    03 Jul '12 06:32
  12. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    03 Jul '12 06:391 edit

Concerning turning the other cheek on terrorists ?

RJHind, Here is an example of American Christians praying for and turning the other cheek on terrorists.

If you do not realize that these were American terrorists then you should know you US history better. And a lot of prayer and trusting in God to vindicate against these terrorists occured in those days.

YouTube&feature=related
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Jul '12 06:422 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    "I must agree with the commentator of the video...". This is the crux of it. The Obama hate machine is trying to press your buttons. If they really had a Gotcha! with this clip they would have posted it and let it speak for itself. Instead we get a "commentator" who overdubs a series of laughable straw men and extrapolations, all of which feed off the malignant, humorless pomposity of the kind of people who then post the link in blogs and chat forums.
    Someone forwarded me an email last week; it was from an American person claiming that their son had had a vision (or something similar) that O's (they wouldn't write his name in full) health reform contained hidden in it's volume ofpages, the secret plans to embed tracking micro-chips in every person coming through health system.

I believed it of course; it was on the internet.
  14. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    03 Jul '12 06:451 edit
    RJHinds,

American Terrorists Killing Republicans.

http://www.chessatwork.com/board/post.php?threadid=147369&frompage=1

Much prayer from both white and black Christians went up to God for these terrorists. And non-violent resistence from young college student Christians amounted to turning the cheek on terrorists
  15. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    03 Jul '12 08:46
    i found it funny that the dude commenting the obama speech has the nerve to accuse him of taking stuff out of context. from leviticus and deuteronomy. we have a person living in our days that thinks there might be a context to excuse stoning a little girl for not being able to prove she is a virgin. that there might be a context to excuse cutting the hand of a woman for grabbing the privates of another man while defending her husband.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree