Obama Mocks The Holy Bible

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
04 Jul 12

Originally posted by FMF
You said Obama's point in the OP video was that "we should not govern by any principle of the Holy Bible...". That isn't what he said. You are being untruthful, unless you can clarify what you said. Quoting Rev. Jeremiah Wright has got nothing to do with it.
I think the link to Obama's "Just words" speech may clarify how the influence of his pastor may have effected him. I did not list the worst of the quotes because RedHotPawn would not allow them. Do you think these are the words of a true Christian pastor? I forgot, you wouldn't know. 😏

F

Moves
04 Jul 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
I think the link to Obama's "Just words" speech may clarify how the influence of his pastor may have effected him. I did not list the worst of the quotes because RedHotPawn would not allow them. Do you think these are the words of a true Christian pastor? I forgot, you wouldn't know. 😏
Whether or not you or I think Rev. Jeremiah Wright is "a true Christian pastor" is irrelevant. You are dodging the question. You said Obama's point in the OP video was that "we should not govern by any principle of the Holy Bible...". That isn't what he said. So now your integrity has been called into question. You have the opportunity to clear this up but you are choosing to dodge instead.

F

Moves
04 Jul 12
2 edits

Neither you nor the writer of the commentary overdubbed onto the video clip have come anywhere near establishing that President Obama was "mocking the Holy Bible" in the clip. Rather than try to change the subject to your general political disapproval of the president, can you clarify which of his statements in the clip represent mockery of the bible?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
04 Jul 12

Originally posted by FMF
Whether or not you or I think Rev. Jeremiah Wright is "a true Christian pastor" is irrelevant. You are dodging the question. You said Obama's point in the OP video was that "we should not govern by any principle of the Holy Bible...". That isn't what he said. So now your integrity has been called into question. You have the opportunity to clear this up but you are choosing to dodge instead.
He did not say what you say he said, so your integrity is also in question. 😏

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
04 Jul 12

Originally posted by FMF
Neither you nor the writer of the commentary overdubbed onto the video clip have come anywhere near establishing that President Obama was "mocking the Holy Bible" in the clip. Rather than try to change the subject to your general political disapproval of the president, can you clarify which of his statements in the clip represent mockery of the bible?
All of them together. 😏

F

Moves
04 Jul 12
1 edit

He did not say what you say he said, so your integrity is also in question.
Further dodging. I was quoting the commentary/partial transcript underneath the video you cited.

From the link YOU provided:

"In the speech, Obama suggested that it would be impractical to govern based solely on the word of the Bible, noting that some passages suggest slavery is permissible and eating shellfish is disgraceful. "Which passages of scripture should guide our public policy?" Obama asked in the speech. "Should we go with Leviticus, which suggests slavery is OK and that eating shellfish is an abomination? Or we could go with Deuteronomy, which suggests stoning your child if he strays from the faith? Or should we just stick to the Sermon on the Mount?"

You claim: ""His point was that we should not govern by any principle of the Holy Bible...".

This is false, unless you can demonstrate otherwise.

F

Moves
04 Jul 12
1 edit

All of them together.
The way things stand, rather than dodging, I reckon you need to establish specifically what mockery of the holy bible there is in the video clip if you're not to be seen as simply making false statements on a spirituality thread for political ends.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
04 Jul 12

Originally posted by FMF
Further dodging. I was quoting the commentary/partial transcript underneath the video you cited.
I gave my logical interpretation of what he meant, not the exact words.
That was the same as you did, however, my interpretation agreed with the commentator and yours didn't, because you have flawed logic. There is no need to repeat his exact words because you can hear that from the video. 😏

F

Moves
04 Jul 12

I gave my logical interpretation of what he meant, not the exact words.
With your "interpretation", you have blatantly misrepresented what Obama clearly said and it seems pretty clear you have done so for partisan political reasons. You appear to think your political convictions give you licence to claim whatever you want and not take responsibility for what you say or the smear job it represents against a fellow Christian.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
04 Jul 12

Originally posted by FMF
With your "interpretation", you have blatantly misrepresented what Obama clearly said and it seems pretty clear you have done so for partisan political reasons. You appear to think your political convictions give you licence to claim whatever you want and not take responsibility for what you say or the smear job it represents against a fellow Christian.
I agreed with the commentator so your logic is more likely to be wrong.
I am pretty good at logic. 😏

F

Moves
04 Jul 12

I agreed with the commentator so your logic is more likely to be wrong.
I am pretty good at logic.
You have chosen to echo the accusations made by the commentator but have then failed to substantiate them. You almost seem to be dishing up a parody of far right Christian don't-let-the-fact-stand-in-the-way Obama hater. Am I right? Are you just parodying that particular type of Christian?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
04 Jul 12

Originally posted by FMF
You have chosen to echo the accusations made by the commentator but have then failed to substantiate them. You almost seem to be dishing up a parody of far right Christian don't-let-the-fact-stand-in-the-way Obama hater. Am I right? Are you just parodying that particular type of Christian?
You do not substantiate your accusations. At least I have the commentator on my side. 😏

F

Moves
04 Jul 12
1 edit

You do not substantiate your accusations. At least I have the commentator on my side.
It's a political attack ad. And you have regurgitated it on a Spirituality Forum. I didn't start a thread with the intent of smearing your fellow Christian, you did. The accusations are yours not mine. Accusations like this only stick if the poster who introduces them can make them stick. Clearly, you can't.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
04 Jul 12

Originally posted by FMF
It's a political attack ad. And you have regurgitated it on a Spirituality Forum. I didn't start a thread with the intent of smearing your fellow Christian, you did. The accusations are yours not mine. Accusations like this only stick if the poster who introduces them can make them stick. Clearly, you can't.
Clearly, you can not refute it. 😏

F

Moves
04 Jul 12
1 edit

Clearly, you can not refute it.
You haven't made a case. You've just repeated unsubstantiated accusations made in a political attack ad funded by an organisation with a dummy web site. There is nothing to refute. Indeed when asked to substantiate - by reference to Obama's actual words in the clip - your assertion that "His point was that we should not govern by any principle of the Holy Bible..." you started changing the subject and talking about your own powers of "logic" and "interpretation". You are trying to pass off your partisan smear job politicking as 'spirituality'.