1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Jul '12 01:35
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    If I knew I was reposting deceitful material I would apologize and stop. However, nobody has provided that proof.
    So what about the reactions from members of this community on this thread? Has anything anyone has said made you at least think twice about the hyper partisan political hatchet job in the video clip?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Jul '12 01:37
    If I knew I was reposting deceitful material I would apologize and stop.
    What about the comment about President Obama "turning the other cheek" to terrorists? Do you think that's an honest appraisal of Obama's record in office?
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Jul '12 01:47
    Originally posted by FMF
    What about the comment about President Obama "turning the other cheek" to terrorists? Do you think that's an honest appraisal of Obama's record in office?
    The post implied that Obama thought Jesus would turn the other cheek to terrorists, but he would not follow this stupid Biblical principle. The commentator was assuring Obama that Jesus would not turn the other cheek to terrorists and Obama had a misunderstanding of scripture.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Jul '12 01:541 edit
    The post implied that Obama thought Jesus would turn the other cheek to terrorists, but he would not follow this stupid Biblical principle. The commentator was assuring Obama that Jesus would not turn the other cheek to terrorists and Obama had a misunderstanding of scripture.
    There are some fundamentalist Christians who condemn all violence and all military action. As I said before, the commentary under the video points out that "Obama suggested that it would be impractical to govern based solely on the word of the Bible." Do you seriously disagree with this?
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Jul '12 02:20
    And yes, it is permissible for Christians to have differences of opinion on political issues. 😏
    And so why are you characterizing the difference of opinion between the commentator and Obama about what policy could possibly arise from an interpretation of a biblical reference, as "Obama Mocking The Holy Bible"?
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Jul '12 02:30
    Originally posted by FMF
    There are some fundamentalist Christians who condemn all violence and all military action. As I said before, the commentary under the video points out that "Obama suggested that it would be impractical to govern based solely on the word of the Bible." Do you seriously disagree with this?
    You must be referring to th JWs. They have a misunderstanding of the Holy Bible for it does not condemn military action nor does it condemn voting for politicians. As far as governing solely on the word of the Holy Bible, it depends on how one interprets the "word" as to its practicality. Certainly one can not apply the "turning the other cheek principle" to all actions; and it would be a mistake to think this applies to war. 😏
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Jul '12 02:371 edit
    Certainly one can not apply the "turning the other cheek principle" to all actions; and it would be a mistake to think this applies to war.
    This is exactly what President Obama's view amounts to. Why are you characterizing his expression of this view as "mocking" the Bible? And you do this in the same way as the partisan political propagandists who made the video clip you cited in the OP do. Why? As another Christian poster said earlier on this thread, you have fallen hook, line and sinker for a political ploy. Are you comfortable playing a role in blatant deceptive politicking such as this, on a forum such as this?
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Jul '12 02:38
    You must be referring to th JWs. They have a misunderstanding of the Holy Bible for it does not condemn military action nor does it condemn voting for politicians.
    Obama's point exactly.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Jul '12 02:39
    As far as governing solely on the word of the Holy Bible, it depends on how one interprets the "word" as to its practicality.
    Again, Obama's point exactly.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Jul '12 02:40
    Certainly one can not apply the "turning the other cheek principle" to all actions; and it would be a mistake to think this applies to war.
    Once again, this is exactly the point being made by Obama.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Jul '12 02:41
    Originally posted by FMF
    And so why are you characterizing the difference of opinion between the commentator and Obama about what policy could possibly arise from an interpretation of a biblical reference, as "Obama Mocking The Holy Bible"?
    Obama was mocking the Holy Bible by his misrepresentation in relation to government. Freedom of religion does not mean freedom from religion; and it certainly does not mean goverment must be opposed to religion. 😏
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Jul '12 02:45
    Obama was mocking the Holy Bible by his misrepresentation in relation to government.
    He was saying that there must not be bad policy based on misrepresentation of the Holy Bible in relation to government. You are the intended audience and 'victim' of the poisonous and deceptive commentary on the clip in the OP. And you've trotted out the attempted political hatchet job here on a spirituality forum.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Jul '12 02:46
    Originally posted by FMF
    Once again, this is exactly the point being made by Obama.
    This was not his point exactly. His point was that we should not govern by any principle of the Holy Bible, including the ten commandments. He knows better.
    That is his point. 😏
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Jul '12 02:49
    Originally posted by FMF
    He was saying that there must not be bad policy based on misrepresentation of the Holy Bible in relation to government. You are the intended audience and 'victim' of the poisonous and deceptive commentary on the clip in the OP. And you've trotted out the attempted political hatchet job here on a spirituality forum.
    You are no one else has presented me with such evidence. I can only go by what he said. 😏
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Jul '12 02:52
    This was not his point exactly. His point was that we should not govern by any principle of the Holy Bible, including the ten commandments. He knows better. That is his point.
    Obama suggested that it would be impractical to govern based solely on the word of the Bible. You claim he said the U.S. should not be governed "by any principle of the Holy Bible". Where did he say this? One could be forgiven for thinking you are lying for political ends, just like the makers of the partisan clip in the OP. Can you clarify where Obama said "we should not govern by any principle of the Holy Bible"?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree