1. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Sep '21 10:431 edit
    @velns said
    Then be prepared to give straightforward answers to straightforward questions please.

Why has the punishment for homosexuality changed from the Old Testament to the new?
    There is a simple answer which Christians like Eladar will not accept. The OT laws are for the Jews only. God had a purpose with the Jews and that was to create a Holy line of people from which His Son Jesus Christ [and other holy men] would be born, in order to fulfil certain functions. The laws and personal standards had to te strict and punishment was severe for wrongdoers. With the coming of Jesus Christ, these laws were done away with mostly and more important guidelines for the world to come were put in place...charity, generosity, peace and other qualities which will enable mankind to move forward to the next phase. Sexual offences were therefore placed on the backburner.
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    10 Sep '21 10:451 edit
    @velns said
    Then be prepared to give straightforward answers to straightforward questions please.

Why has the punishment for homosexuality changed from the Old Testament to the new?
    From my point of view? The nation of Israel no longer needed to exist now that Jesus has fulfilled his purpose.

Now that the religion grew outside of a national organization, Christian's must be able to survive in evil cultures, so the punishment for homosexuals is left to God. Damnation after death is not escaping punishment.
  3. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    10 Sep '21 12:22
    @eladar said
    I did, but your bias got in the way of understanding. I get a lot of crap from bigots around here.
    More hilarity from the homophobic clown! You are I think the most overtly bigoted poster on this forum, and you spew the most crap.
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    10 Sep '21 12:44
    @avalanchethecat said
    More hilarity from the homophobic clown! You are I think the most overtly bigoted poster on this forum, and you spew the most crap.
    That is because your bigotry blinds your eyes.
  5. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    10 Sep '21 12:56
    @eladar said
    That is because your bigotry blinds your eyes.
    You should go and look that word up, it doesn't mean whatever you think it means.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Sep '21 13:10
    @rajk999 said
    You are kind of a stupid woman, and everytime you write I have agree with Paul that most women should just shut up in public. Nobody has to be abused by anyone to see that many Christian churches are corrupt, and their doctrine is mostly false and contrary to the teachings of Christ.
    Let me guess. You don't go to church. What a shocker.

But throwing the baby out with the bathwater has always been your protocol. It's a convenient way to dismiss what people say. "Oh, you go to a church. You're a moron."

With me, it's because I'm a woman. Sure, that's reasonable.
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    10 Sep '21 13:48
    @avalanchethecat said
    You should go and look that word up, it doesn't mean whatever you think it means.
    Yeah, just like black people cannot be racists. Liberals set up all sorts of screwed up definitions to force their beliefs on others.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Sep '21 14:01
    @eladar said
    Yeah, just like black people cannot be racists. Liberals set up all sorts of screwed up definitions to force their beliefs on others.
    You really should try to limit yourself to one moronic statement at a time.

Then maybe you can see why it's moronic.

But I suppose it's just easier to make sure that everything you say is moronic.
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    10 Sep '21 14:11
    @suzianne said
    You really should try to limit yourself to one moronic statement at a time.

Then maybe you can see why it's moronic.

But I suppose it's just easier to make sure that everything you say is moronic.
    I suppose you are a believer in the theory.
  10. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    10 Sep '21 15:36
    @eladar said
    The definition of the word hasn't changed since the advent of liberalism. It still means, well, someone like you, basically. Don't take my word for it, go look it up. Given the views you've expressed here, I'm a little surprised you're not wearing the label with pride.
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    10 Sep '21 17:59
    @avalanchethecat said
    The definition of the word hasn't changed since the advent of liberalism. It still means, well, someone like you, basically. Don't take my word for it, go look it up. Given the views you've expressed here, I'm a little surprised you're not wearing the label with pride.
    Me? I believe the behavior is immoral but people should be allowed to practice it.

That makes me a bigot? I think that makes me open minded.
  12. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    11 Sep '21 08:09
    @eladar said
    Me? I believe the behavior is immoral but people should be allowed to practice it.

You can think what you like about yourself, but your comments and attitude as expressed on here are bigoted according to the definition of the word.
  13. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    11 Sep '21 09:52
    @eladar said

No sir. Being open-minded would be not judging the behavior as immoral. Clearly on this issue you are closed-minded. This isn't negated by being tolerant of other people's behavior.

In other words, your mind is 'not' open to alternative views on homosexuality. At least be honest about that.
  14. Standard memberVelns
    Latvian Trickster
    Krell lab
    Moves
    14 Sep '21 06:07
    @eladar said
    I did, but your bias got in the way of understanding. I get a lot of crap from bigots around here.
    No, you didn’t.
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    17 Sep '21 20:35
    @velns said
    No, you didn’t.
    Get over yourself. Just because you are ignorant and blind does not mean I did not answer the question. You just demand that I accept your incorrect point of view.

Face it, the issue is yours. Heal yourself.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree