Paradise

Paradise

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
310d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Every time you refer to him as a deceiver a little piece of your soul evaporates.
He started doing that when I told him that I agree with some of the atheists here that there are flaws and contradictions in the bible. He took that as a personal insult.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
310d

@rajk999 said
He started doing that when I told him that I agree with some of the atheists here that there are flaws and contradictions in the bible. He took that as a personal insult.
Don't lie to him.

If you want change

Vote for it!

Moves
310d

@rajk999 said
Same with me, same with FMF, and I think same with Ghost of a Duke. He still talks to those who disagree with him but not if you point out unequivocally that the bible is not the inerrant, complete and exclusive word of God.

Which by the way he’s admitted to.

PS he’ll call me a “liar” now, and then I’ll post the link to where he admitted it.

If you want change

Vote for it!

Moves
310d

@pianoman1 said
If you asking whether I ascribe to the pseudo scientific belief that the people of Great Britain are in some way descended to the Ten Lost Tribes of Israel, then NO.
Thanks for replying Pianoman1.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
310d

@kellyjay said
Don't lie to him.
Someone with some integrity and the ability to communicate would have continued on and explained the truth instead of saying that I lied.

Über-Nerd

Moves
310d

@rajk999 said
One of the failures of people who judge Christianity, or the teachings of Christ, from the outside without reading the bible themselves, is that they take certain extreme positions/doctrines of some churches and judge Christians by that yardstick.

Have you read the bible?
That same failure applies to many people who have read the Bible and think of themselves as devout, and saved, Christians.

Über-Nerd

Moves
310d

@divegeester said
Sure.

One thing is certain though, Jesus never visited England.
He did not visit America either, contrary to what Mormons believe.

Über-Nerd

Moves
310d

@medullah said
I wouldn't go with this

If we are sayng that the two kiddie fiddlers leave it until the last minute to repent I would question wether there is true repentance, of whether they think that be making a last minute flip they will save their own necks. We don't get to judge (thankfully) but it sounds an unlikey situation. Repentance is from the heart, not what comes out of the ...[text shortened]... t have been exposed to Christianity, but have unwhittingly kept the law.

Good proposition though.
I agree. My understanding is that those who keep the law, even if they do not know they are keeping the law, and those who show mercy even though they do not worship or know the God of the Christians, will not be judged harshly. The Good Samaritan, for example, or the thief on the cross next to Jesus, will be blessed in the life to come.

Those who wantonly sin, thinking, calculating, that if they repent on their death beds, they will be saved, are scoundrels, IMO.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
310d

@rajk999 said
Someone with some integrity and the ability to communicate would have continued on and explained the truth instead of saying that I lied.
So why didn’t you tell him the whole truth about our conversation about how you view the Bible and use it against Christians?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
310d

@kellyjay said
So why didn’t you tell him the whole truth about our conversation about how you view the Bible and use it against Christians?
I dont know that that is the reason. If you know that then you explain. So the floor is yours. Explain how I use the bible against Christians?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
310d

@moonbus said
That same failure applies to many people who have read the Bible and think of themselves as devout, and saved, Christians.
Yes indeed, and nothing is wrong with thinking you are saved or even that you are devout. It is a problem if that makes you arrogant, and end up condemning others.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
310d

@moonbus said
I agree. My understanding is that those who keep the law, even if they do not know they are keeping the law, and those who show mercy even though they do not worship or know the God of the Christians, will not be judged harshly. The Good Samaritan, for example, or the thief on the cross next to Jesus, will be blessed in the life to come.

Those who wantonly sin, thinking, calculating, that if they repent on their death beds, they will be saved, are scoundrels, IMO.
And all of those principles are in the bible, just that certain Christians conveniently ignore them.

Nil desperandum

Seedy piano bar

Moves
309d

Nil desperandum

Seedy piano bar

Moves
309d

@moonbus said

They may be scoundrels, but they will still, according to believers of Christian doctrine, be saved and live everlastingly in Paradise.
This is disgraceful, like, as I have stated previously, the buying of indulgences. Christians are in effect saying that it really doesn’t matter how wicked you are in this life, so long as you say “I’m sorry.” Not a very good example of moral rectitude.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
309d

@pianoman1 said
They may be scoundrels, but they will still, according to believers of Christian doctrine, be saved and live everlastingly in Paradise.
This is disgraceful, like, as I have stated previously, the buying of indulgences. Christians are in effect saying that it really doesn’t matter how wicked you are in this life, so long as you say “I’m sorry.” Not a very good example of moral rectitude.
I find it questionable as well, but we (Christians) are warned not to judge, in this case, because the deathbed confessional may be true and heartfelt. We can't see their heart, but God can. This is why I call Pascal's Wager a non-starter, because one of the givens in that argument is that one does not really believe. Since God can read your heart, you can't really "pull one over" on him.