1. SubscriberPianoman1
    Nil desperandum
    Seedy piano bar
    Moves
    01 Aug '23 11:01
    As I understand it, according to Christian theology, a paedophile and child rapist who repents of his sins on Death Row and comes to Jesus, is assured an everlasting life in paradise, whereas a devout and pure Buddhist who is not a Christian believer will be denied this. Is this correct?
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    01 Aug '23 11:10
    @pianoman1 said
    As I understand it, according to Christian theology, a paedophile and child rapist who repents of his sins on Death Row and comes to Jesus, is assured an everlasting life in paradise, whereas a devout and pure Buddhist who is not a Christian believer will be denied this. Is this correct?
    One of the failures of people who judge Christianity, or the teachings of Christ, from the outside without reading the bible themselves, is that they take certain extreme positions/doctrines of some churches and judge Christians by that yardstick.

Have you read the bible?
  3. SubscriberPianoman1
    Nil desperandum
    Seedy piano bar
    Moves
    01 Aug '23 11:24
    @rajk999 said
    One of the failures of people who judge Christianity, or the teachings of Christ, from the outside without reading the bible themselves, is that they take certain extreme positions/doctrines of some churches and judge Christians by that yardstick.

Have you read the bible?
    My post was totally non-judgemental. I was simply asking for clarification on that particular point. Can you enlighten me?
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    01 Aug '23 11:581 edit
    @pianoman1 said
    My post was totally non-judgemental. I was simply asking for clarification on that particular point. Can you enlighten me?
    No. Jesus is going to judge who enters paradise and who is cast out. If you want to know what Jesus said about that then I recommend Matt 25 which has several descriptions of who gets in and why. Have a read and tell me what you think.
  5. SubscriberPianoman1
    Nil desperandum
    Seedy piano bar
    Moves
    01 Aug '23 13:08
    @rajk999 said
    No. Jesus is going to judge who enters paradise and who is cast out. If you want to know what Jesus said about that then I recommend Matt 25 which has several descriptions of who gets in and why. Have a read and tell me what you think.
    Yes, on the Day of Judgement, Jesus will judge who goes up and who goes down. His judgement will be based on how much of Christ’s teaching they have embraced in their everyday life. So, as I originally posited, the paedophile and child rapist who comes to Christ will go up, but the Buddhist, ignorant of Christ’s teaching, will go down.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    01 Aug '23 13:15
    @pianoman1 said
    Yes, on the Day of Judgement, Jesus will judge who goes up and who goes down. His judgement will be based on how much of Christ’s teaching they have embraced in their everyday life. So, as I originally posited, the paedophile and child rapist who comes to Christ will go up, but the Buddhist, ignorant of Christ’s teaching, will go down.
    Ok ... then you need to read the teachings of Christ some more.
  7. SubscriberPianoman1
    Nil desperandum
    Seedy piano bar
    Moves
    01 Aug '23 13:56
    @rajk999 said
    Ok ... then you need to read the teachings of Christ some more.
    So you can’t shed light on this conundrum for me?
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    01 Aug '23 14:06
    @pianoman1 said
    So you can’t shed light on this conundrum for me?
    No. If you read Matt 25 and you conclude that ... .. the paedophile and child rapist who comes to Christ will go up, but the Buddhist, ignorant of Christ’s teaching, will go down, then I really cannot help you.
  9. SubscriberPianoman1
    Nil desperandum
    Seedy piano bar
    Moves
    01 Aug '23 14:58
    @rajk999 said
    No. If you read Matt 25 and you conclude that ... .. the paedophile and child rapist who comes to Christ will go up, but the Buddhist, ignorant of Christ’s teaching, will go down, then I really cannot help you.
    Fair enough. Matthew 25 offers no insight into this. I shall seek guidance elsewhere.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    01 Aug '23 16:16
    @pianoman1 said
    Yes
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Aug '23 19:28
    @kellyjay said
    Yes
    “I have sheep who are not of this pasture”

Wake up.
  12. SubscriberPianoman1
    Nil desperandum
    Seedy piano bar
    Moves
    01 Aug '23 19:31
    @kellyjay said
    Yes
    Are you happy about this?
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    01 Aug '23 22:16
    @pianoman1 said
    Are you happy about this?
    I am happy God has made a way sinners can be saved in the righteousness of God, which is by the blood of Jesus Christ our Savior and Lord. Who through His laying down His life became sin so He could redeem us, by not overturning His righteousness, holiness, and goodness by just ignoring our wickedness, but through His righteousness balanced His love and mercy in our salvation at the cross.

This is not good men wanting to please an evil god, but a good God saving evil men. More times than not we fail to see our evil shortcomings and God’s amazing grace, and think we are the good ones that God would be lucky to have us!
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    02 Aug '23 00:181 edit
    @kellyjay said
    I am happy God has made a way sinners can be saved in the righteousness of God, which is by the blood of Jesus Christ our Savior and Lord. Who through His laying down His life became sin so He could redeem us, by not overturning His righteousness, holiness, and goodness by just ignoring our wickedness, but through His righteousness balanced His love and mercy in our salvati ...[text shortened]... tcomings and God’s amazing grace, and think we are the good ones that God would be lucky to have us!
    I always find it interesting when someone ask about eternal life, paradise in this case, the typical Christian responds with Jesus dying, Jesus being righteous, self-condemnation, and focusing on sins. Jesus on the other hand preached something completely different. In Jesus's very first major preaching event, the Sermon on the Mount to thousands of people when like this

And there followed him great multitudes of people from Galilee, and from Decapolis, and from Jerusalem, and from Judaea, and from beyond Jordan. And seeing the multitudes, he went up into a mountain: and when he was set, his disciples came unto him: And he opened his mouth, and taught them, saying, Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted. Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth. Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled. Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy. Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God. Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God. Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. (Matthew 4:25-5:11 KJV)

Summary -
    Be humble
    Be generous
    Be kind
    Show mercy
    Make peace
    Show charity
    Do the right thing... be righteous

Not one word about death and resurrection.
    Not one word about professing faith in Him.

Are those who heard this sermon, but did not hear the Christian doctrine doomed?
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    02 Aug '23 00:20
    @divegeester said
    “I have sheep who are not of this pasture”

Wake up.
    I suspect that Jesus preached elsewhere in that 18 yr period not mentioned in the bible so Jesus had followers wherever he went.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree