1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Jul '17 07:19
    Originally posted by @eladar
    I'm not threatening you with hell, Jesus is.
    Are you claiming to be Jesus now?
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    25 Jul '17 07:22
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Are you claiming to be Jesus now?
    No, I am claiming the Bible is true when you take it literally.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Jul '17 07:583 edits
    I'd say the sin in eating too much is eating food [edit] that could be given to a hungry person. [edit]

it could be that. And it could be also damaging the body that God has given to you for His purpose. He wants us to take care of ourselves that He can be expressed the more through us.

The body - including the tummy - was purchased with a price of the blood of Jesus and is the Lords.

" Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own ?

For you have been bought with a price. So then glorify God in your body." ( 1 Cor. 6:19,20)

Now let's be fair and let's be sober minded. I admit that in that passage Paul is specifically speaking about fornication. However, it would be foolish to limit it and not regard that the following could also be self damage to the body that God has given as His temple of the Holy Spirit.

Heroine use,
    Excessive alcohol use,
    Indulgence in heavy smoking,
    Uncontrolled greediness in eating.

So we need to look to the Lord that the fruit of the Spirit - "self control" would become ours.

If this is the case then eating expensive food is the new gluttony.

The Christians should not try to bribe his conscience.
    When we realize that something is not pleasing to the Lord we should not resist by saying that it is not AS bad as this other thing.

And we should not withhold that area of our lives from Christ and instead offer to do something ELSE good. This is trying to bribe our conscience.

It is better to agree with God and confess that apart from His grace we cannot overcome.
    He wants us to overcome through His grace.
    Our failure to overcome is not on His side.
    It is on our side to limit Him.

Using your money on yourself instead of others is the sin.

That may be true in some cases.
    We should grow up into Christ the Head in all things.
    We have to resist the temptation to only let Him have some things under His rule.
    This is trying to reserve something from Him with the excuse that it is not AS bad as something else.

Look, you will enjoy your food MORE ... if you bring it under the control of the Holy Spirit.
    It is more enjoyable to be like Jesus.

Being like Jesus, via His inward salvation, is an enjoyment of a proper human life.
    The clearness of your conscience will be a greater inward peace and joy then indulgence in thirds and fourths and stuffing yourself.

" For the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit." (Rom. 14:17)
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    25 Jul '17 08:001 edit
    Define uncontrolled greediness in eating.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Jul '17 08:133 edits

What the Christian should do is not try to split hairs on something like this.
    But to know that the mind set on the spirit where Christ is guiding us is life and peace. (Rom. 8:6)

The peace of Christ within has to arbitrate in our hearts.
    Whenever I eat there is an invisible line that my conscience sees.

If I plunge beyond that point - that very personalized point given by God expressly to me, transgressed, - I will lose the sense of life and peace.

Others may urge you to have more.
    You may crave to have more.
    Perhaps no book of rules can DEFINE where you need to stop.

But within the mind set on the spirit is life and peace.
    And we have to let that peace be the referee.

We have some guidance in the word of God.
    The real express personal guidance is in our spirit and with our conscience.

"And let the peace of Christ arbitrate in your hearts, ..." (See Col. 3:15)

Now I have to go to BED or I will lose the sense of the peace of Christ in my heart.
    Goodnight.
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    25 Jul '17 08:16
    Originally posted by @sonship

What the Christian should do is not try to split hairs on something like this.
    But to know that the mind set on the spirit where Christ is guiding us is life and peace. [b](Rom. 8:6)

The peace of Christ within has to arbitrate in our hearts.
    Whenever I eat there is an invisible line t ...[text shortened]... Now I have to go to BED or I will lose the sense of the peace of Christ in my heart.
    Goodnight.[/b]
    Maybe after sleep you can answer the question I asked.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Jul '17 11:50
    Maybe after sleep you can answer the question I asked.
    Good morning.

In other words do you mean you will not accept the reply that I wrote ?
    Why do you find that my discussion of the sense of life and peace is what the Christian should pay attention to, helpful ?

Have you discovered how fine the leading of the Lord Jesus is ?
    Have you experienced how detailed and personal He can be in our lives ?

If you merely want a definition of "greediness" or "gluttony" you can do that easily on your search engine.

I am talking about the very personalize, intimate, leading of the Lord Spirit to each of us. He lets us know with the sense of life and peace when we "grieve" the Holy Spirit and when He is happy with us.

Does this mean anything to you ?

" And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, in whom you were sealed unto the day of redemption." (Ephesians 4:30)

Haven't you experienced a sensitivity within that alludes dictionary definition?
    You never found it hard to pray after you stuffed yourself at a meal?
    You can carry around a definition but the Holy Spirit is so intimate He will have for you and I His own guidelines. The sense of flow of life and peace as opposed to the sad sense of grieving the Holy Spirit will train us.

Did you ever read that the grace of God "trains" us ?

" For the grace of God, bringing salvation to all men, has appeared,

Training us that denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly and righteously and godly in this present age, ... etc. " (Titus 2:11,12)

As we grow in Christ He will be "training us" to say "No, I deny having another piece of food." He will train us with to deny ourselves. He will train us to say "No. Another piece of pizza is too much."

Your Webster's Dictionary definition of "greediness" is not altogether unhelpful.
    But the Holy Spirit will train you and I on a much finer level of granularity.
    And as we go along with Him, learning to take His training, we will grow spiritually.

And as we grow in this way, we learn to be able to help others along the way.
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    25 Jul '17 15:29
    Originally posted by @sonship
    Good morning.

In other words do you mean you will not accept the reply that I wrote ?
    Why do you find that my discussion of the sense of life and peace is what the Christian should pay attention to, helpful ?

Have you discovered how fine the leading of the Lord Jesus is ?
    Have you experienced how detailed and personal He can be in our lives ? ...[text shortened]... w spiritually.

And as we grow in this way, we learn to be able to help others along the way.
    I asked you to define a term. I am still waiting for your definition. Without a definition a term is meaningless.
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    25 Jul '17 15:37
    I asked you to define a term. I am still waiting for your definition. Without a definition a term is meaningless.
    The man is a parrot 😀
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Jul '17 19:43
    No, I am claiming the Bible is true when you take it literally.
    Do you take the scriptures about gluttony literally?
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Jul '17 19:44
    The type of eating which results in the person getting overweight.

It really isn't complicated, although I'm sure you want it to be 😉
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    25 Jul '17 20:04
    The type of eating which results in the person getting overweight.

It really isn't complicated, although I'm sure you want it to be 😉
    I already know your definition. You think that people with slow metabolism are going to hell. Got it.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Jul '17 20:08
    I already know your definition. You think that people with slow metabolism are going to hell. Got it.
    I don't see any mitigating circumstances in scripture which would indicate you getting a reprieve for a genetic disorder. Do you think you have a disorder rather than a sin?
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    25 Jul '17 20:09
    I don't see any mitigating circumstances in scripture which would indicate you getting a reprieve for a genetic disorder. Do you think you have a disorder rather than a sin?
    Your definition is faulty. No use answering questions based on Satanic beliefs.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree