Paul Was Wrong

Paul Was Wrong

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
18 Jul 17

Originally posted by sonship
To which I already replied:

But if it means what it seems to say - WHY in the world would believing in God mean different forms of literature could not be recognized in Scriptures - including parables ???

Belief in God does not prevent one from accepting the parables, stories and symbolism in the Bible.

In the story under considerat ...[text shortened]... as exaggerating with totally fictitious details it doesn't match at all His righteous character.
You think Christians face those consequences?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 Jul 17
2 edits

Originally posted by Rajk999
You think Christians face those consequences?
I think Christians would do well to heed what was written for the sake of Christians by Paul.

"If anyone's work is consumed, he will suffer loss, but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire."

I don't have to know the details. I only have to heed the intent of the exhortation.
I don't have to know all that suffering loss may entail.
To suffer loss is to suffer loss.

It is better to be saved and rewarded too.
It is less good to be saved, yet so as through fire, suffering loss, whatever that may mean.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
18 Jul 17

Originally posted by sonship
I think Christians would do well to heed what was written for the sake of Christians by Paul.

[b] "If anyone's work is consumed, he will suffer loss, but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire."

I don't have to know the details. I only have to heed the intent of the exhortation.
I don't have to know all that suffering l ...[text shortened]...
It is less good to be saved, yet so as through fire, suffering loss, whatever that may mean.[/b]
Sounds like you are saying that Jesus's warning about the Rich man does not apply to Christians.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 Jul 17

Originally posted by Rajk999
Sounds like you are saying that Jesus's warning about the Rich man does not apply to Christians.
When the New Testament says "suffer loss" I conclude that this could encompass a wide scope of possible things God could use.

It should be sufficient to simply know that one could suffer loss yet while being eternally saved. We should focus more on being saved and rewarded.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
18 Jul 17
1 edit

Originally posted by divegeester
Do you feel the same way about gluttony not being explicitly called out in the NT, or do you just want to keep avoiding what god is telling you and pick and choose how you apply your own standards to understanding scripture?
Third bump for Eladar the avoider.... 😉

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
18 Jul 17

Originally posted by @sonship
When the New Testament says [b]"suffer loss" I conclude that this could encompass a wide scope of possible things God could use.

It should be sufficient to simply know that one could suffer loss yet while being eternally saved. We should focus more on being saved and rewarded.[/b]
Wrong!! We should focus on the TRUTH. Nobody has to focus on being saved and rewarded. It is no wonder your doctrine is so convoluted and nonsensical. Your focus is wrong.

Focus on the truth and Jesus does the saving and rewarding.

The truth -
Paul use the word DESTROY and FIT TO BE BURNED to describe the fate of sinful Christians
Jesus use the expression CAST OUT [and others] to describe the fate of sinful Christians
Peter said 'the latter end is worse than the first' to describe the fate of sinful Christians.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
18 Jul 17

Originally posted by @divegeester
Do you feel the same way about gluttony not being explicitly called out in the NT, or do you just want to keep avoiding what god is telling you and pick and choose how you apply your own standards to understanding scripture?
4th bump for Eladar the avoider... 🙂

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
18 Jul 17

Hey Eladar...how you doing mate? 😉

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
19 Jul 17

5th bump for Eladar 🙂

E

Moves
19 Jul 17

Your definition of the term?

By denying your beliefs I am an avoided?

Whatever you say old man.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
19 Jul 17
1 edit

Originally posted by @eladar
So if you don't mention it, it doesn't exist.

Using your logic anything not mentioned by multiple writers really doesn't exist.
6th time of asking.

How many writers have to mention gluttony before you acknowledge it as a sin?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
19 Jul 17

Originally posted by @eladar
By denying your beliefs I am an avoided?
No by repeatedly ignoring my question because you know you've painted yourself into a corner, means you are avoiding. 🙂

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
19 Jul 17

Eladar, it's no use you frantically thumbing down my posts about you on this subject. Do you somehow think I will be discouraged from calling out your hypocrisy on this matter?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
19 Jul 17
1 edit

Let me try to say something constructive about the matters.

Gluttony is a sin.
It is a kind of over indulgence which can be a kind of idolatry.
But that is really not my concern.

It is not profitable for the Christian to be centered on any particular sin.
It is self defeating to focus on any particular failure.

Sinning is enjoyable.
Freedom from sinning comes from finding something MORE enjoyable than sinning.
Christ living in us, being all we need, flowing through us ushers in an enjoyment of God which can save us from the addiction to the enjoyment of a sinning behavior.

For the Christian to focus his attention on his sin is like pulling at a knot of string. Pulling harder and harder can make the knot tighter and tighter.

You have to call on the Lord and turn your heart to the Lord.
You have to turn your heart TO the living Person of the Lord Jesus and take Him.

Proverbs 18:10

" The name of Jehovah is a strong tower; the righteous man runs into it and is safe."

Today Jesus Christ is Jehovah God incarnate and made available as the Holy Spirit. To call on the name of the Lord Jesus is to run into the Person. The victorious Person is like a strong tower which will keep you safe from your besetting sin.

"O Lord Jesus. I am about to eat. Lord Jesus I call on You Lord. Lord Jesus! I run into You. Lord Jesus I FEAST on You. Lord Jesus You are my true food. Lord Jesus You are so tasty, so enjoyable."

God loves it and enabling grace flows when we in faith turn to TAKE Jesus Christ as everything we need everywhere and all the time.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
19 Jul 17

Focussing on the sin is not helpful.
Increasing your hatred for the sin is not that helpful.

Of course not being willing to confess the sin and sin is really of no help.
You have to come to agree with God.
Confessing is to agree with God and say that God is right about that thing.

Confession is not a promise to do better,
Confession is not to muster up self improvement skills.
It is to acknowledge first that God is right, justified to call the thing a sin.

We do not promise to do better, to improve, to resist harder. No.
We develop the habit to enjoy the Lord Jesus as grace, calling on Him to contact Him.