1. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    19 Oct '12 15:58
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    your cynicism has no please here, you accused someone who was simply requesting a
    prayer on behalf of another of self promoting. I am glad this came to light because it
    thoroughly exposes the kind of distorted character you purport to be, your accusations
    are vile.
    Actually it does nothing of the sort.

And you really can't talk.
  2. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    19 Oct '12 16:00
    Originally posted by galveston75
    I normally try to hold my tongue here with you but not under this situation. You are a complete fool if you seriously think this is about me. How stupid of a man are you? I never once said my prayers have any power or will bring her back you idiot. Get over yourself and if you don't care to add anything upbuilding to this thread get the heck out......... ...[text shortened]... But then I really didn't expect anything less from you once I saw you stuck your head in here.
    If your prayers have no power then what's the point in them?

Either your (others) prayers actually do stuff (have power) and have a point.
    Or they don't do anything and have no power and are thus pointless.

You seem to be claiming both.

Which is it.
  3. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    19 Oct '12 16:01
    your cynicism has no please here, you accused someone who was simply requesting a
    prayer on behalf of another of self promoting. I am glad this came to light because it
    thoroughly exposes the kind of distorted character you purport to be, your accusations
    are vile.
    does the j.w. god listen to and act upon the prayers of non j.w's?
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    I normally try to hold my tongue here with you but not under this situation. You are a complete fool if you seriously think this is about me. How stupid of a man are you? I never once said my prayers have any power or will bring her back you idiot. Get over yourself and if you don't care to add anything upbuilding to this thread get the heck out......... ...[text shortened]... But then I really didn't expect anything less from you once I saw you stuck your head in here.
    dude, he's is not worth your time, he is an internet troll who delights in getting an
    emotive response, my advice, do not feed him.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    are vile.
    Vanity propels this OP. It's only "compassion" of the vain kind.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Oct '12 16:03
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    does the j.w. god listen to and act upon the prayers of non j.w's?
    I dunno, i am not a God, no one knows whose prayers the father listens to, although I
    suspect that as he is not partial, he listens to everyone's prayers, with the exception of
    the wicked and blood guilty.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Oct '12 16:05
    I never once said my prayers have any power or will bring her back you idiot.
    You said that you have proof that prayers "work". This thread is about you promoting your religionist superstitions. It has nothing to do with Whitney Heichel, other than that you have seized upon the tragedy engulfing her family to draw attention to your ostentatious "compassion" and the 'power of prayer'.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Oct '12 16:061 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Vanity propels this OP. It's only "compassion" of the vain kind.
    beat it bozo, you have pole vaulted the line here, you now purport to know what
    motivated a concerned person who was simply asking, in a spirituality forum, for some
    prayers on behalf, not of self, but another, you are pond scum.
  9. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    19 Oct '12 16:07
    I dunno, i am not a God, no one knows whose prayers the father listens to, although I
    suspect that as he is not partial, he listens to everyone's prayers, with the exception of
    the wicked and blood guilty.
    In your religion is it not wicked not to believe in your god?

I mean not believing is supposed to be a sin and breaking the ten commandments.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Oct '12 16:091 edit
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    In your religion is it not wicked not to believe in your god?

I mean not believing is supposed to be a sin and breaking the ten commandments.
    LOL, the ten commandments were binding only upon the Jews, I am a christian. whether its wicked is a matter of debate. I cannot recall a, you must believe command, can you?
  11. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    19 Oct '12 16:091 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Prayer for someone else IS compassion.

Asking that people pray for someone else IS compassion.

What is NOT compassion is crapping all over his honest appeal, as I've already said.

If you don't want to participate, then don't. No one's making you participate.

Not everything has to be about you and your non-belief.
    "What is NOT compassion is crapping all over his honest appeal, as I've already said."

That's true, it's not compassion, and you are entitled to point that out, but for a veteran of this forum to post an appeal for prayer here and then complain when the predictable happens, is, well... G75 must have known how it would go. Maybe he got a few people to pray, at the cost of some criticism.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Oct '12 16:101 edit
    motivated a concerned person who was simply asking, in a spirituality forum, for some
    galveston75 said he had proof that prayers "work". He doesn't, of course. But he's latched onto this tragedy in the most cynical way in order to promote some sort of sense that there is a real-world impact - for others! - of his alleged relationship with "God". It is self-regard and self importance and self-sanctification of the highest order.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Oct '12 16:11
    Originally posted by JS357
    "What is NOT compassion is crapping all over his honest appeal, as I've already said."

That's true, it's not compassion, and you are entitled to point that out, but for a veteran of this forum to post an appeal for prayer here and then complain when the predictable happens, is, well... G75 must have known how it would go. This isn't Kingdom Hall.
    No i dont think, the mere fact that it was posted in a spirituality forum as opposed to a
    debates forum is rather telling, his mistake was of course, thinking that his words would
    fall on the spiritual, rather than the cynical.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Oct '12 16:12
    Originally posted by FMF
    galveston75 said he had proof that prayers "work". He doesn't, of course. But he's latched onto this tragedy in the most cynical way in order to promote some sort of sense that there is a real-world impact of his alleged relationship with "God". It is self-regard and self importance and self-sanctification of the highest order.
    there is not a shred of evidence in the OP to substantiate your ludicrous and distorted claim.
  15. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    19 Oct '12 16:13
    i think the real scum in this situation is the person who is holding the fate of a young girls life in his hands, waiting to see if he gets enough or the right kind of prayer. what kind of monster would value a persons life and the pain of their family so low that he could so flippantly go either way. its not like with the j.w. god there is at least a good chance of getting into heaven.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree