1. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Oct '12 14:332 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    You're ignoring what I am saying, rewriting it, and then commenting on your owm version. Why not just address what I am saying?

If Christians view something like an "abduction and murder" as "God's will" and part of a "divine plan" - and well they might if their prayers that so often "work", do not "work" - then presumably they will see God - moving in His p taking pots shots at your inferior paraphrasings of the points I am making.
    actually no I've never met any christians who subscribe to the view that abduction and
    murder are Gods will for the greater good, in fact, its abhorrent and as far away from
    the greater good and Gods will that one can get. Maybe you know some 'funky',
    people, who knows.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Oct '12 14:38
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    actually no I've never met any christians who subscribe to the view that abduction and
    murder are Gods will for the greater good, in fact, its abhorrent and as far away from
    the greater good and Gods will that one can get.
    Well I have. I have met countless Christians who have similar views to jaywill on how the Holocaust - with its 6,000,000 or so "abductions and murders" - was perhaps allowed to happen because it was "God's will" and part of a "divine plan". And I have met countless Christians who have interpreted the slaughter of martyrs and saints as part of God's "divine plan" for the greater good of his flock in the long run. tell me, robbie. Do you believe that God chose not to answer the prayers of Whitney Heichel's family and friends, or do you believe that God was powerless to stop her abduction and murder?
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    26 Oct '12 16:58
    Originally posted by FMF
    Doesn't what happened mean that - according to your belief system - it was God's will that Whitney Heichel die in the way that she did?
    Where do you even start to get this idea? From your ex church whatever that was? Why in the wildest imagination do you think this was God's will? Have you ever truely ever read the Bible? Are you not familiar with all the scriptures that speak of death and how God hates it and wishes no one to die? Have you not read the scriptures that speak of God doing away with death for ever in the future?
    Perhaps you need to read and learn about God from his word the Bible.........
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Oct '12 19:55
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Where do you even start to get this idea? From your ex church whatever that was? Why in the wildest imagination do you think this was God's will? Have you ever truely ever read the Bible? Are you not familiar with all the scriptures that speak of death and how God hates it and wishes no one to die? Have you not read the scriptures that speak of God doing ...[text shortened]... in the future?
    Perhaps you need to read and learn about God from his word the Bible.........
    I'll ask you too. Do you believe that God chose not to answer the prayers of Whitney Heichel's family and friends, or do you believe that God was powerless to stop her abduction and murder?
  5. Joined
    08 Oct '12
    Moves
    26 Oct '12 20:03
    I too have prayed for this family, i cannot imagine what they must be going through ,i am not up on my bible but i read luke 11 1-13 especially luke 11 -10 'for every one asking recieves'
  6. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    26 Oct '12 21:19
    Originally posted by VOLEN
    I too have prayed for this family, i cannot imagine what they must be going through ,i am not up on my bible but i read luke 11 1-13 especially luke 11 -10 'for every one asking recieves'
    You can read Luke 11-10 all you like but it doesnt make it true ...
    and its demonstrably false.
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    26 Oct '12 21:21
    Originally posted by FMF
    I'll ask you too. Do you believe that God chose not to answer the prayers of Whitney Heichel's family and friends, or do you believe that God was powerless to stop her abduction and murder?
    See my answer on the thread "prayer".
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    26 Oct '12 21:22
    Originally posted by VOLEN
    Thank you......
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Oct '12 21:26
    See my answer on the thread "prayer".
    On the thread "Prayer" you have not answered the question: 'Do you believe that God chose not to answer the prayers of Whitney Heichel's family and friends, or do you believe that God was powerless to stop her abduction and murder?'
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    27 Oct '12 00:26
    Originally posted by FMF
    On the thread "Prayer" you have not answered the question: 'Do you believe that God chose not to answer the prayers of Whitney Heichel's family and friends, or do you believe that God was powerless to stop her abduction and murder?'
    Yes I did. Read it again and again and again if you have too. This is my last post to you on this.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Oct '12 03:41
    Yes I did. Read it again and again and again if you have too.
    You've used this My Answer Is On The Other Thread dodge before.
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    27 Oct '12 20:11
    Originally posted by FMF
    You've used this My Answer Is On The Other Thread dodge before.
    Perhaps you should look back even in this thread and look at the questions I've asked you and you "DODGE" them. Seems you can't take the heat....
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Oct '12 20:58
    Perhaps you should look back even in this thread and look at the questions I've asked you and you "DODGE" them. Seems you can't take the heat....
    You've used this It's Not Me Who's Dodging It's You Who's Dodging dodge before.
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    28 Oct '12 03:01
    Originally posted by FMF
    You've used this It's Not Me Who's Dodging It's You Who's Dodging dodge before.
    Roger doger!!!!! Lol

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree