Praying Through Jesus not To Jesus

Praying Through Jesus not To Jesus

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Mar 14
3 edits

Originally posted by beauroberts
There are many different branches of Christianity with many different belief sets. However it is mutually agreed upon that Satan is all together wicked and will do everything in his power to take true worship away from our creator Jehovah God.

(Everything in his power) This includes the way the world sometimes views God's son Jesus.

We have been t ...[text shortened]... his sacrifice and not to Jesus honoring the commandment "Have no other gods before me."

Beau
So when we pray TO Jesus, or we pray to the blessed trinity, we are taking true worship away from Jehovah our creator.

Instead we should pray THROUGH Jesus who made the ultimate purchase to restore our Promised Earthly Paradise. Adam sold all of humanity into slavery, but Jesus has set us free.

So we pray Through Jesus To Jehovah offering our thanks for his sacrifice and not to Jesus honoring the commandment "Have no other gods before me."

Beau

Hello Beau,

My God is the man Jesus Christ.

And here we see Paul praying to Jesus, calling Him the Lord whom He besought or entreated (in pray of course)

"Concerning this I entreated the Lord three times that it might depart from me.

And He said to me, My grace is sufficient for you ..." (Second Corinthians 12:8,9a)

The Apostle Paul prayed, entreating Jesus the Lord three times. I am certain it was not the first or the last time Paul prayed to his Lord Jesus.

That it was the Lord Jesus Paul was entreating is evident because in Second Corinthians the Lord is Jesus -

"For we do not preach ourselves but Christ Jesus as Lord ..." ( 4:5)

"Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ." (1:2)

We also have the example of the martyr Stephen calling on and praying to the Lord Jesus as he was being stoned to death -

"And they stoned Stephen as he called upon the Lord and said, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit!

And kneeling down, he cried out with loud voice, Lord, do not hold this sin against them. And when he had said this, he fell asleep." (Acts 7:59,60)

Please do not try to argue that these two passages are not about praying but of some other kind of communication from man to the Lord Jesus Christ.

I have prayed to, through, unto, with my God the Lord Jesus Christ from decades. I have sensed that Jehovah is only happy the more I pray to, with, by, unto Jesus, entreating Him, calling His name, and even "say[ing]" my requests and petitions to Him.

I pray to the Father and to the Lord Jesus and within I can detect no difference. I know I am having fellowship with God.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
01 Mar 14

Originally posted by galveston75
Excellent Christian comment..... I'm trying to find where Jesus would have given that same answer to someone but can't seem to find anything of the sort.
“How long, O naive ones, will you love being simple-minded?
And scoffers delight themselves in scoffing
And fools hate knowledge?

(Proverbs 1:22 NASB)

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
01 Mar 14

Originally posted by Rajk999
I dont read it. Shame you people cannot just say when asked these questions that you dont know rather than cut and paste a bunch of irrelevant explanations.
Come on Rajk, you know that happens maybe 5% of the time. What does it upset you that we have so much info at our hands and so much we have to teach with even if you don't understand it?

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
01 Mar 14

Originally posted by beauroberts
There are many different branches of Christianity with many different belief sets. However it is mutually agreed upon that Satan is all together wicked and will do everything in his power to take true worship away from our creator Jehovah God.

(Everything in his power) This includes the way the world sometimes views God's son Jesus.

We have been t ...[text shortened]... his sacrifice and not to Jesus honoring the commandment "Have no other gods before me."

Beau
I have asked other Jehovah witnesses on this site how they pray but they never would come out of the closet and explaining. Thank you so much. I basically pray to God to and then finishing the name of Jesus just like you guys did too. Before I got saved I would pray to angels, Mary, And Jesus and God but now only to God but in Jesus name.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
01 Mar 14

Originally posted by sonship
[quote] So when we pray TO Jesus, or we pray to the blessed trinity, we are taking true worship away from Jehovah our creator.

Instead we should pray THROUGH Jesus who made the ultimate purchase to restore our Promised Earthly Paradise. Adam sold all of humanity into slavery, but Jesus has set us free.

So we pray Through Jesus To Jehovah offering our t ...[text shortened]... the Lord Jesus and within I can detect no difference. I know I am having fellowship with God.
"I pray to the Father and to the Lord Jesus and within I can detect no difference".

So why aren't you able to detect the differance between the two, and why not do you include the holy spirit here?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
01 Mar 14

Originally posted by RBHILL
I have asked other Jehovah witnesses on this site how they pray but they never would come out of the closet and explaining. Thank you so much. I basically pray to God to and then finishing the name of Jesus just like you guys did too. Before I got saved I would pray to angels, Mary, And Jesus and God but now only to God but in Jesus name.
Christ asked us to pray to God and said that he is the mediator. I would however agree that praying to Jesus Christ the Son of God is not a sin.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
01 Mar 14

So you don't pray to Jesus but thru him? Why do you do that if they are the same? And I'll ask you also, why do you not pray or even speak of the holy spirit here with your prayers? Is he or it not as important as Jesus and God, who is Jehovah but yet you say Jehovah does not exist at all. Right? So only the one part has a name...I see.

You really don't see how mixed up and confusing your answers are do you?

R

California

Moves
01 Mar 14

So you don't pray to Jesus but thru him? Why do you do that if they are the same? And I'll ask you also, why do you not pray or even speak of the holy spirit here with your prayers? Is he or it not as important as Jesus and God, who is Jehovah but yet you say Jehovah does not exist at all. Right? So only the one part has a name...I see.

God has many names!!! I don't use the Holy Spirit because Jesus is the only mediator to God for man but yet he is also equal to God as the word says he's equal.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
01 Mar 14

..the word says he's equal.
Where?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
01 Mar 14

Christ asked us to pray to God and said that he is the mediator. I would however agree that praying to Jesus Christ the Son of God is not a sin.
Really? What did Jesus say about that? Did he ever tell anyone to pray to him? Did any of his followers ever pray to him?
Who did Jesus tell us to pray to?
It's all in your bible......

We only have 1 God so that is where are prayers go to. If you pray to anyone or anything else you are not worshipping God.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
01 Mar 14

God has many names!!! I don't use the Holy Spirit because Jesus is the only mediator to God for man but yet he is also equal to God as the word says he's equal.
Really? Where does the Bible say he is equal to God? Make sure you show me that scripture because I can show you where it say Jesus never once considered himself equal to his father.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
01 Mar 14
1 edit

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

(John 14:6 NKJV)

Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

(Romans 8:26 NKJV)

R

California

Moves
01 Mar 14
1 edit

Really? Where does the Bible say he is equal to God? Make sure you show me that scripture because I can show you where it say Jesus never once considered himself equal to his father.
John 5:18 and also Jesus uses the words "I AM"!

http://carm.org/religious-movements/jehovahs-witnesses/john-518-making-himself-equal-god

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Mar 14
1 edit

sonship:

"I pray to the Father and to the Lord Jesus and within I can detect no difference".

galveston:
So why aren't you able to detect the differance between the two, and why not do you include the holy spirit here?

I do pray sometimes mentioning the Holy Spirit as the One I speak to.

We need all the help we can get.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Mar 14

Where?

"And the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is there is freedom." (2 Cor. 3:17)

The Lord Jesus Christ = the Holy Spirit.