1. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    08 Mar '14 15:19
    Originally posted by yoctobyte
    Perhaps this question for a new thread, do you believe that 5 seals have been broken? If so, would you elaborate?
    To add to your question, the four horsemen need a starting point. Jerusalem is the apple of God's eye.

The Old Testament gives us the directions they will go. If you divide off the world from Jerusalem you will find, all the countries involved with the peace treaty are to the west. Cost of living is ridiculous to the north, many of the worlds worst sicknesses have come from the south. Scripture never says where the red horse goes. We can assume to the west, but in the wake of terrorism, i don't think there really is a boundary.
  2. Standard memberbeauroberts
    Father of Three
    New Hampshire
    Moves
    10 Mar '14 06:59
    Originally posted by divegeester
    And yet every miracle performed in Acts was done in the name of Jesus and every person who came into the faith was baptised into the name of Jesus, after Jesus himself said baptise in the name of the FATHER and of the SON and of the HOLY GHOST.

What is the name of the father then, the ONLY name given by which men may be saved?

Or are their 2 fathers as well as two savours and 2 Gods.
    Sorry I have not posted sooner. My wife and I are expecting our third child and I myself am having surgery in the morning. So things have been a bit hectic...but I wanted ti have another go at your question before I go under the knife...no guarantee I will do any better in addressing it this time but I will try.

I was so confused by all of this and to be honest it was a major obstacle for me when listening to doctorine of Jehovah Witnesses. But we have common ground you and I in that we both don't believe in the trinity and so I think that is a good place to start.

I admit that I find the accounts of acts perplexing, what I find even more perplexing is that assuming Jesus is God for a moment (which we both know I don't believe) but for arguments sake let us assume that he is God manifest in human form could he not then say baptize in the name of Jesus and thus eliminate all of the confusion that comes along with acts. But we see that he (Jesus)says baptize in the name of the father (Jehovah..Yaweah...amongst others) and of the son (Jesus) right here he separates himself from God. If Jesus were God why would he make this separation and draw the distinct verbal line. This is the fundamental point I can not get past...perhaps you can help as I am open to hearing your points.

The acts were performed in Christs name because remember for a a very short while the disciples were given the command to go and build nations. This was the start of christianity and for a short while the acts that were performed in Jesus name was to remind new would be converts of Jesus sacrifice. At least this is my understanding. Again I am a man and far from perfect. I am more than willing to listen and see where you think I may be mixed up.

Jehovah Witnesses in fact do believe that Jesus and Michael are one in the same. This is a teaching I personally never accepted. I believe Jesus is Jesus, God is God and Michael is Michael. I have been counseled many times on this issue, but oh this particular issue I can not agree with the governing body of JW.Perhaps this makes me a cafeteria witness so to speak. To me I have to go with what I feel in my heart is the truth...that means an ever constant search...please let me know if i have answered your question or how my vision of the truth may be enhanced by more study...Beau
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Mar '14 22:112 edits
    Originally posted by beauroberts
    Sorry I have not posted sooner. My wife and I are expecting our third child and I myself am having surgery in the morning. So things have been a bit hectic...but I wanted ti have another go at your question before I go under the knife...no guarantee I will do any better in addressing it this time but I will try.

I was so confused by all of this and to ...[text shortened]... i have answered your question or how my vision of the truth may be enhanced by more study...Beau
    Good for you beauroberts! Finally a JW with a mind of his own.

I look at the baptising evidence this way; Jesus said "baptise in the name of the father and of the son and of the Holy Spirit."

The disciples were obedient and not mistaken when they baptised in the name of Jesus. They all did this, every time.

So we can see that the disciples believed that the name of Jesus was in fact the "name of the father and of the son and of the Holy Spirit".

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree