Moves
    02 Mar '14 22:13
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Well I'd say your right on that.

Just looking up some other scriptures and this is pretty clear I'd think:

1 Peter 1:3
    Common English Bible (CEB)
    Thanksgiving

3 May the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ be blessed! On account of his vast mercy, he has given us new birth. You have been born anew into a living hope through the resurrecti ...[text shortened]... esus "has a God" who we know is Jehovah. But if Jesus were God himself, how could he have a God?
    Jehovah is a made up name. The only god by that name is the false god of the Jehovah's Witnesses.
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    03 Mar '14 01:36
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Jehovah is a made up name. The only god by that name is the false god of the Jehovah's Witnesses.
    You know you keep saying this but you know as for as I'm aware you are the only one who believes this here.
    With many historical sourses outside of the JW's including many here that have used the name Jehovah in their comments, you seem to be pretty much on your own on this.

I challenge you to prove by all the sourses you can find including the Bible that the name of Jehovah is wrong and not the name of Almighty God as you claim.

Here is your chance to prove you are indeed an instructor.

But check these out:

Psalm 83:18
    American Standard Version (ASV)
    18 That they may know that thou alone, whose name is Jehovah, Art the Most High over all the earth.

21st Century King James Version (KJ21)
    18 that men may know that Thou, whose name alone is Jehovah, art the Most High over all the earth.

Darby Translation (DARBY)
    18 That they may know that thou alone, whose name is Jehovah, art the Most High over all the earth.

1599 Geneva Bible (GNV)
    18 That they may [a]know that thou, which art calleth Jehovah, art alone, even the most High over all the earth.

Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
    18 May they know that You alone—
    whose name is Yahweh—
    are the Most High over all the earth.

King James Version (KJV)
    18 That men may know that thou, whose name alone is Jehovah, art the most high over all the earth.

Lexham English Bible (LEB)
    18 that they may know that you,
    whose name is Yahweh, you alone,
    are the Most High over the whole earth.

Young's Literal Translation (YLT)
    18 And they know that Thou -- (Thy name [is] Jehovah -- by Thyself,) [Art] the Most High over all the earth!

Here are just a few that still left the name of Jehovah or yhwh in the correct places instead of opting out and replacing it with just the title Lord.
    So don't waist your time with these bibles as they prove you very wrong.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 Mar '14 01:512 edits
    Wow. The central doctrine of the churches but this is where one would hope to find somekind of an explination of it!

Can you locate the phrase "blood transfusion" anywhere in any Bible ?
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 Mar '14 02:101 edit
    Well I'd say your right on that.

Just looking up some other scriptures and this is pretty clear I'd think:

1 Peter 1:3
    Common English Bible (CEB)
    Thanksgiving

3 May the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ be blessed! On account of his vast mercy, he has given us new birth. You have been born anew into a living hope through the resurrecti ...[text shortened]... esus "has a God" who we know is Jehovah. But if Jesus were God himself, how could he have a God?
    It seems Jesus "has a God" who we know is Jehovah. But if Jesus were God himself, how could he have a God?

How? I don't know.

But He is God / Man - Our Lord and Savior.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 Mar '14 02:151 edit
    Really? What did Jesus say about that? Did he ever tell anyone to pray to him? Did any of his followers ever pray to him?
    Who did Jesus tell us to pray to?
    It's all in your bible......

We only have 1 God so that is where are prayers go to. If you pray to anyone or anything else you are not worshipping God.

It has already been demonstrated that both Paul and Stephen prayed to the Lord Jesus Christ.

Second Corinthians 12:8,9

Acts 7:59,60
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    03 Mar '14 02:261 edit
    Originally posted by sonship
    Wow. The central doctrine of the churches but this is where one would hope to find somekind of an explination of it!

Can you locate the phrase "blood transfusion" anywhere in any Bible ?
    But the word and command about blood is and that does not deflect from the fact that the trinity and who Jesus is and isn't is not in the Bible which is what this thread is about.
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    03 Mar '14 02:34
    It seems Jesus "has a God" who we know is Jehovah. But if Jesus were God himself, how could he have a God?

How? I don't know.

But He is God / Man - Our Lord and Savior.
    Yes the Bible calls him a God compared to humans. The angels have been called gods and many others have been called gods, even satan.
    So what is your point?
    BUT Jesus is never in any scriptuere ever called the "Almighty God"....ever.

Yes he was a man, but he is no longer a man but a spirit in heaven.

And yes is is called our lord which is a title. Does not mean at all that he is "Almighty God".

And yes he is our saviour as he laid down his life for those who accept him as that and do the things he's shown us and command us.
    It's by his actions that God has granted him this honor and the titles he has. Again his Father "granted" this to him. If he were Almighty God himself, he would already be these things, but instead they were "given" to him.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 Mar '14 03:11
    But the word and command about blood is and that does not deflect from the fact that the trinity and who Jesus is and isn't is not in the Bible which is what this thread is about.
    You cannot locate the phrase "blood transfusion" in the Bible though your doctrines about "blood transfusions" are so central to your beliefs.

Thank you.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    03 Mar '14 03:11
    Yes the Bible calls him a God compared to humans. The angels have been called gods and many others have been called gods, even satan.
    So what is your point?

And yes is is called our lord which is a ...[text shortened]... re Almighty God himself, he would already be these things, but instead they were "given" to him.
    This is antichrist teaching that you teach.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    03 Mar '14 03:14
    You know you keep saying this but you know as for as I'm aware you are the only one who believes this here.
    With many historical sourses outside of the JW's including many here that have used the name Jehovah in their comments, you seem to be pretty much on your own on this.

I challenge you to prove by all the sourses you can find including the Bi ...[text shortened]... just the title Lord.
    So don't waist your time with these bibles as they prove you very wrong.
    That only proves that man inserted a made-up name in the place of God's name.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 Mar '14 03:263 edits
    So what is your point?

Those are excuses which do not effect that the Son is called God.

They are just excuses. IE. angels were called gods, Satan is the god of this age. (Hebrews 1:8; Isaiah 9:6; John 1:1)

I do not intend to re-argue every six months the same points with you.

It has been proven that Jehovah is both the Mighty God and the Almighty God.

He is still a MAN - First Timothy 2:5 - "For there is one God and one Mediator of God and men, the man Christ Jesus, Who gave Himself a ransom for all ..."

Presently, Today, Now, in 2014 AD Jesus in Heaven is still "the MAN Christ Jesus."

Stephen saw Jesus in Heaven as a the Son of MAN, a glorified and exalted MAN -

Acts 7:56 - "And he [Stephen] said. Behold, I see the heavens opened up and the Son of MAN standing at the right hand of God."

Jesus told the high priest that they would see Him coming on the clouds of heaven as the glorified and exalted Son of man, a MAN -

Matthew 26:64 - "And the high priest said to Him, I charge You to swear by the living God to tell us if You are the Christ, the Son of God.

Jesus said to him, You have said rightly. Nevertheless I say to you, From now on you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of Power and coming on the clouds of heaven."

In His second coming in glory then, Jesus comes as the glorified and exalted Son of MAN - a MAN. And He is a MAN for eternity.

He is God-Man for eternity.

And He can be received as a life giving Spirit (the Holy Spirit that gives divine life) (1 Cor. 15:45)
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    03 Mar '14 03:50
    You cannot locate the phrase "blood transfusion" in the Bible though your doctrines about "blood transfusions" are so central to your beliefs.

Thank you.
    Central? I wouldn't say so. We are not the ones hedging around the command to "abstain from blood". We know what the Bible says and simply stay true to that.
  13. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    03 Mar '14 03:52
    This is antichrist teaching that you teach.
    Right.....
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    03 Mar '14 03:52
    That only proves that man inserted a made-up name in the place of God's name.
    Lol....Wow!
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    03 Mar '14 04:58
    Lol....Wow!
    You know it is true.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree