1. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    01 Mar '14 22:52
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Luke 23:39-43
    Good News Translation (GNT)
    39 One of the criminals hanging there hurled insults at him: “Aren't you the Messiah? Save yourself and us!”

40 The other one, however, rebuked him, saying, “Don't you fear God? You received the same sentence he did. 41 Ours, however, is only right, because we are getting what we deserve for what we did; but ...[text shortened]... ecess of bringing this back was put into motion by Jehovah immediatly after Adam lost it for us.
    Also already he's in paradise because Jesus said that day so they are in a paradise already!!!
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    02 Mar '14 00:51
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    You really think that answers the question?
    Yes it does......
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    02 Mar '14 00:52
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    "I and my Father are one." -- John 10:30, KJV

In case you don't remember, this is why the Jews took up stones against Jesus. They saw He was claiming to be God.

"Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.
    Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?
    The Jews answered him, sayi ...[text shortened]... ut for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God." -- John 10:31-33, KJV
    It's because they didn't understand what he meant by that just as you don't now.
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    02 Mar '14 00:53
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    What is the Holy Spirit and where did it come from then? I mean there are a lot of scriptures that show that all three are equal I don't even have to Google and look for myself you could do the same.
    It's simply Gods spirit or force. It is not a seperate spirit being.

If there are LOTS of scriptures why haven't you posted any yet?
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    02 Mar '14 00:542 edits
    It's because they didn't understand what he meant by that just as you don't now.
    No. You will not twist this scripture to fit your dogma. The meaning is clear to anyone who can read.

It's shameful that the Jews of Jesus' time could understand and still, you, a professed Christian, cannot.
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    02 Mar '14 01:041 edit
    Do you really not see the problem here with you saying the yare equal?

Philippians 2:5-11
    5 Keep this mental attitude in you that was also in Christ Jesus, 6 who, although he was existing in God’s form,

(((((((gave no consideration to a seizure, namely, that he should be equal to God.))))))))
    Which means that even the thought of being equal to Jehovah God never ever passed his mind. Never.

7 No, but he emptied himself and took a slave’s form and became human. 8 More than that, when he came as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to the point of death, yes, death on a torture stake.
    9 For this very reason, God exalted him to a superior position and kindly gave him the name that is above every other name,
    10 so that in the name of Jesus every knee should bend of those in heaven and those on earth and those under the ground
    11 and every tongue should openly acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father.

Verse 9 says what? That his name would be above every other name. So is this cancelling out the name of God Almighty who is Jehovah? No it isn't as the Bible makes it very clear who Jehovah is and who he is to Jesus his SON.
    This is showing that no name on earth (man) or heaven (the angels) as an acting King as Jesus will be, will ever be in compititon with the reighning King Jesus. All on earth (man) and heaven (the angels) will be under his rule.

Verse 10 expresses this again.

Verse 11 say he is the Lord but he is not the LORD or Jehovah the Almighty God.
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    02 Mar '14 01:081 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    No. You will not twist this scripture to fit your dogma. The meaning is clear to anyone who can read.

It's shameful that the Jews of Jesus' time could understand and still, you, a professed Christian, cannot.
    Wow getting pretty upset there.

One has to consider if they may be the ones twisting the scriptures since such things as the trinity are never mentioned in the Bible and popped up about the time other false teaching arose into the church just as Jesus warned about.
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    02 Mar '14 01:45
    Isaiah 52:13-15 (Isaiah 52:13-15)
    Isaiah 52:13-15

13 Look! My servant will act with insight.
    He will be raised up high,
    He will be elevated and greatly exalted.
    14 Just as there were many who stared at him in amazement
    For his appearance was disfigured more than that of any other man
    And his stately form more than that of mankind
    15 So he will startle many nations.
    Kings will shut their mouths before him,
    Because they will see what they had not been told
    And give consideration to what they had not heard.

Sorry but nothing here even suggest he is Almighty God Jehovah
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    02 Mar '14 01:51
    Wow getting pretty upset there.

One has to consider if they may be the ones twisting the scriptures since such things as the trinity are never mentioned in the Bible and popped up about the time other false teaching arose into the church just as Jesus warned about.
    I have shown you several places in scripture that the trinity is mentioned. Just take the Watchtower blindfold off and you will see them.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    02 Mar '14 01:56
    Do you really not see the problem here with you saying the yare equal?

Philippians 2:5-11
    5 Keep this mental attitude in you that was also in Christ Jesus, 6 who, although he was existing in God’s form,

(((((((gave no consideration to a seizure, namely, that he should be equal to God.))))))))
    Which means that even the thought of being equal t ...[text shortened]... this again.

Verse 11 say he is the Lord but he is not the LORD or Jehovah the Almighty God.
    You highlighted the wrong part. Why not highlight the following:

(((((((he was existing in God’s form))))))) ???????
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    02 Mar '14 03:46
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    You highlighted the wrong part. Why not highlight the following:

[b](((((((he was existing in God’s form)))))))
    ???????[/b]
    He was in God's form, a SPIRIT just like God and all the angels are.
    This is just confirming he was a spirit before he was a human.

How do you get that he is Almighty God out of that?
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    02 Mar '14 03:48
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I have shown you several places in scripture that the trinity is mentioned. Just take the Watchtower blindfold off and you will see them.
    No you haven't. The word trinity is not in the bible.....
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    02 Mar '14 04:42
    No you haven't. The word trinity is not in the bible.....
    Why must you stumble because of a word? Concepts and ideas are more important than the word used to express them.

For example, what concept or idea does "the fullness of the Godhead" or "in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit" express?
  14. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    02 Mar '14 13:35
    G75 In the Bible Jesus forgives the paralyzed man's sins. If God is the only one to forgive sins then how come Jesus forgave it too? therefore he is equal to God!!!!!!
  15. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    02 Mar '14 13:38
    It's simply Gods spirit or force. It is not a seperate spirit being.

If there are LOTS of scriptures why haven't you posted any yet?
    I don't need to post them for you anyone who chooses to want to look they can go to Google and type in Scriptures that show that the Holy Spirit, Jesus, and God are all equal!!! And by so doing that going to Google it shows that you're really serious about wanting to learn because if I just post it here then you're not serious and you're not wanting to learn.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree