1. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    27 Jul '06 00:31
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    Do you know what the Catholic Church's behaviour in regards to child abuse is?
    Don't ask don't tell. Pay hush up money.
  2. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    27 Jul '06 00:42
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    Do you support the Catholic Church's behaviour in regards to child abuse?
    Many mistakes were made in the past. However, I hope they learned from them and will handle such cases better in the future. Sexually abusing children is a serious crime that must be adressed in an effective way. The interests of the abused persons should always be in first place, not the interests of the Church as an institution.
  3. Cosmos
    Moves
    27 Jul '06 02:41
    Originally posted by ivanhoe
    Many mistakes were made in the past. However, I hope they learned from them and will handle such cases better in the future. Sexually abusing children is a serious crime that must be adressed in an effective way. The interests of the abused persons should always be in first place, not the interests of the Church as an institution.
    One wonders whether sexual abuse occurs in Islamic communities?

Oh, I just remembered - it does; over there it's called marriage!(Recently raised from 8 to 13 years old for the girls).
  4. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    27 Jul '06 04:20
    Originally posted by ivanhoe
    Thanks for answering the question you wished I asked. Let try again:

5. Cosmos
    Moves
    27 Jul '06 05:51
    Thanks for answering the question you wished I asked. Let try again:

Is "no" such a hard word to type?
  6. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    27 Jul '06 09:43
    Originally posted by howardgee
    Is "no" such a hard word to type?
    If that means claiming that the Catholic Church has been anything but faultless ever then yes it is if you are ivanhoe.
  7. Joined
    21 Jul '06
    Moves
    27 Jul '06 10:41
    Is this thread a joke? Please tell me you guys aren't serious.
  8. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    27 Jul '06 11:05
    Originally posted by HumeA
    Is this thread a joke? Please tell me you guys aren't serious.
    Anal rape is a serious manner and I shall ask you not to laugh.
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 Jul '06 16:25
    Anal rape is a serious manner and I shall ask you not to laugh.
    Clearly he experienced it before and enjoyed it.
  10. The Tao Temple
    Moves
    27 Jul '06 19:51
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    .... an entire organisation, that is devoted to helping others....
    The Catholic Church? That is a long and no doubt well tried debate in itself.

Meanwhile, so long as the church demands a "celibate" priesthood it naturally accumulates a certain number of frustrated men who, after a few years, are desperate to release some sexual tension. Unfortunately their job puts them in contact with lots of children who trust them. The result is molestation and, if they get away with it, some progress to rape. A men-only unmarried priesthood attracts a high proportion of gay men. Nothing wrong with that at all. It just means, statistically, a lot of the child victims will be boys.
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 Jul '06 21:03
    Originally posted by Mixo
    The Catholic Church? That is a long and no doubt well tried debate in itself.

Meanwhile, so long as the church demands a "celibate" priesthood it naturally accumulates a certain number of frustrated men who, after a few years, are desperate to release some sexual tension. Unfortunately their job puts them in contact with lots of children who trust them. The ...[text shortened]... wrong with that at all. It just means, statistically, a lot of the child victims will be boys.
    I think we all know that. Whats your point?
  12. The Tao Temple
    Moves
    27 Jul '06 22:41
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    I think we all know that. Whats your point?
    The point is that you can attack the whole institution because the problem is institutionalised. If they abandon the unmarried thing the proportion of offenders should fall to the level of other christian churches.
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 Jul '06 23:37
    The point is that you can attack the whole institution because the problem is institutionalised. If they abandon the unmarried thing the proportion of offenders should fall to the level of other christian churches.
    So, if those gay priests (as you called them) are allowed to get marrried, they will not interefere with little boys ?
  14. The Tao Temple
    Moves
    28 Jul '06 19:07
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    So, if those gay priests (as you called them) are allowed to get marrried, they will not interefere with little boys ?
    That's a brilliant idea! I'm sure the number of offences against kids could only decrease if these men were allowed open adult relationships. (I assume you mean gay marriages between priests or have I read you wrong?)
  15. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    28 Jul '06 20:23
    That's a brilliant idea! I'm sure the number of offences against kids could only decrease if these men were allowed open adult relationships. (I assume you mean gay marriages between priests or have I read you wrong?)
    they need showtime on cable

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree