1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Apr '14 11:39
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Okay. Please help me understand how you view the aftermath scenario of your physical death. I'm listening...
    People mourn us. Some more than others. We live on in the memories of people who knew us to varying degrees. Sometimes our work has some influence after we are gone. Most of us leave another generation behind us who go on to live out their lives like we did.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Apr '14 11:481 edit
    [quote] Q. Today is Tuesday, April 15, 2014. On this day on Red Hot Pawn's Spirituality Forum,
    what decision have you made regarding your permanent address for eternity?

A.
    wolfgang59______________________________________________________?
    twhitehead______________________________________________________?
    FMF____________________________________________________________?
    sonship________The_New_Jerusalem__________________________________
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    16 Apr '14 14:45
    Okay. Please help me understand how you view the aftermath scenario of your physical death. I'm listening...
    When I die, I die. There is no aftermath. I have very good reasons for thinking this, and if you wish to convince me otherwise, you have to learn to converse instead of your usual fare of trolling and spamming.
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    16 Apr '14 14:57
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    When I die, I die. There is no aftermath. I have very good reasons for thinking this, and if you wish to convince me otherwise, you have to learn to converse instead of your usual fare of trolling and spamming.
    Of course.
    Those who are so afraid of their death have to have some alternative, and a heaven is a very attractive thought.
    I'm not afraid of the death.

What happens with the sound when you turn off your radio?
    What happens with the light when the candle has burnt down?
    What happens with life when death comes?
    It cease to exist. What is the problem with that?
  5. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    16 Apr '14 15:40
    What he said. The only aftermath is decomposition of the physical shell. We don't get a say in the matter. Nature has so ordained it.
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    16 Apr '14 15:43
    Yes, twhitehead, I would very much like to learn your "very good reasons for thinking this..." Thanks for your reply.
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    16 Apr '14 15:48
    Yes, twhitehead, I would very much like to learn your "very good reasons for thinking this..." Thanks for your reply.
    I have a pretty good understanding of the brain and how it works. I have seen plenty of evidence that our thoughts and our consciousness is entirely a product of the brain. I have also seen plenty of evidence that our thoughts can be altered by alterations to the brain whether physical or chemical.
    All this leads me to the obvious conclusion that should the brain stop functioning, so will my thoughts and my consciousness.
    In fact I find it strange that in this day and age anybody could think otherwise. I have often asked questions of people on this forum regarding these issues, but not been able to get any satisfactory answers. It seems that most theists are reluctant to discuss it.
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    16 Apr '14 15:48
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    What he said. The only aftermath is decomposition of the physical shell. We don't get a say in the matter. Nature has so ordained it.
    Is so, what happens to our unique immaterial innermost beings [our individual personalities and knowledge and memories]?
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    16 Apr '14 15:50
    I have a pretty good understanding of the brain and how it works. I have seen plenty of evidence that our thoughts and our consciousness is entirely a product of the brain. I have also seen plenty of evidence that our thoughts can be altered by alterations to the brain whether physical or chemical.
    All this leads me to the obvious conclusion that should ...[text shortened]... en able to get any satisfactory answers. It seems that most theists are reluctant to discuss it.
    You've anticipated my simultaneously posted question to SG. I appreciate your succinct reply and will ponder it.
  10. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    16 Apr '14 16:00
    Is so, what happens to our unique immaterial innermost beings [our individual personalities and knowledge and memories]?
    They are emergent from the physical shell. Once the shell dies, all that stuff goes *poof*.
  11. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    16 Apr '14 17:25
    They are emergent from the physical shell. Once the shell dies, all that stuff goes *poof*.
    They are emergent from the physical shell...."

How does this effect know when to occur; and what is the causation of this emergence?
  12. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    16 Apr '14 17:43
    [b]"Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools." (Romans 1:22)

Famous Quotes by Atheists & Scoffers:
    "Christianity is such a silly religion." -Gore Vidal

"The Bible says: The damned think that the preaching of the cross of the Lord Jesus Christ is foolishness."
    1 Corinthians 1:18 "For the preaching of the cross is to them th ...[text shortened]... nity?[/i]

A. ______________________________________________________________ ?
    [/b]
    Q. Today is Tuesday, April 15, 2014. On this day on Red Hot Pawn's Spirituality Forum,

"Return to sender, address unknown.
    No such number, no such zone."
  13. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    16 Apr '14 17:50
    They are emergent from the physical shell...."

How does this effect know when to occur; and what is the causation of this emergence?
    The effect does not know anything, for it has no mind.

The causation is all the individual parts joined together as the whole.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Apr '14 18:02

Q. Today is Tuesday, April 15, 2014. On this day on Red Hot Pawn's Spirituality Forum,

A.______________________________________________________________ ?
    I choose the option that doesn't involve me burning for eternity in an incinerator.
  15. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    16 Apr '14 18:33
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    [b]Q. Today is Tuesday, April 15, 2014. On this day on Red Hot Pawn's Spirituality Forum,

"Return to sender, address unknown.
    No such number, no such zone."[/b]
    Nice.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree