Originally posted by kirksey957
    Does the answer make a difference?
    You should know! Don't you?
  2. Standard memberblakbuzzrd
    Buzzardus Maximus
    Moves
    06 Jul '07 22:06
    Originally posted by josephw
    When you die and step up to the gates of heaven, and God asks you why he should let you in, what answer will you give him?
    "ask josephw -- he's got my back on this one."
  3. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    06 Jul '07 22:34
    Originally posted by Coletti
    It would certainly be an act of compassion for God to let you into heaven, but if he's going to let you in, he will make you a believer first. So it's still an act of compassion for God to let only believers into heaven.
    Well, how hard would it be to believe if you know you died and you know
    that you are standing before God to say, 'Gee, I guess I was wrong. Now,
    I do believe.'

It wouldn't even be 'belief' at that point, any more than I believe that
    there is a sun in the sky or that my Nissan is white.

Nemesio
  4. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    06 Jul '07 22:41
    You should know! Don't you?
    I know it makes as much sense as asking a death row inmate strapped down on the gurney with an IV of death juice going in him if he knows what he did was wrong. Nigga please.
  5. Standard memberColetti
    W.P. Extraordinaire
    State of Franklin
    Moves
    06 Jul '07 22:41
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    I do believe.'

Nemesio
    Oh I think everyone will believe then! But those who God will save will believe before they die.

You mean you don't believe there is a sun in the sky? Believing the God of the bible is true is not categorically different than believing that your Nissan is white. The reasons are different, but the meaning of "believe" is the same. There is always a reason for believing.
  6. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    07 Jul '07 09:02
    When you die and step up to the gates of heaven, and God asks you why he should let you in, what answer will you give him?
    i'd tell him i should be allowed in 'cause i know you
  7. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    07 Jul '07 09:05
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    I do believe.'

Nemesio
    you don't believe your car is white, you know your car is white.... belief and fact don't originate from the same source; one is based on inner feeling, the other is based on intelligence that feeds the mind through the five senses
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Jul '07 12:172 edits
    Originally posted by eatmybishop
    of course; and i guess - if you believe it - god has to make these decisions on a daily basis; it's funny how many believers said yes, they would let me in.... surely god's answer, the source of all compassion, would be the same... kinda puts the idea of punishment for not believing into a different perspective
    So you are good? This is how you will get into heaven? How can you be sure? Did Christ not say that none is good but God? Christ said that there will be those who come to him and say, "Have we not done such and such for you in your name"? He will then turn to them and say, "I never knew you, depart from me, you who WORK iniquity." So here we see doing good works or being "good" at various times is not the answer. However, one could NEVER say they were good all the time. Notice, that Christ specifically targets those who continue in sin and not those who merely comitt sin. And how do we overcome sin in our lives? Would it not be the cross? Christ says that he who comits sin becomes a slave of sin and that he has come to set us free! That is the good news of the gospel.

Also in terms of belief, James says that even the devils believe in God but it does nothing to save them. So here you have an example of a belief not saving you. You also had people in the previous example ask the Lord to let them into heaven because they did works in his name. Surely they believed in him to do works in his name? Why then did their beliefs not save them? Could it be they did not lay down their sins at the foot of the cross and leave them there?

This brings us to the cross. If Christ did not need to die for our sins in order to make ourselves right before God or to overcome sin in our lives then his sacrifice was in vain. In all actuality, all that was needed was for us to be "good" little boys and girls. How hard is that? Maybe when you get to heaven based upon your good works you can turn to Jesus and tell him that his sacrifice was silly?
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Jul '07 16:46
    Originally posted by whodey
    So you are good? This is how you will get into heaven? How can you be sure? Did Christ not say that none is good but God? Christ said that there will be those who come to him and say, "Have we not done such and such for you in your name"? He will then turn to them and say, "I never knew you, depart from me, you who WORK iniquity." So here we see doing g ...[text shortened]... ed upon your good works you can turn to Jesus and tell him that his sacrifice was silly?
    Good answer....the "be good in order to get to heaven" mentality is Greek Mythology, but widely believed in todays culture...sad...
    It reminds me of the movie "The Matrix"...
    I Jn 5:19
    19 We know that we are of God, and the whole world lies under the sway of the wicked one.
    (NKJ)

The devil has done a heck of a good job, sad to say....😳
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    07 Jul '07 18:00
    i do not believe in god or any religion; however, i would consider myself a good person, i have never intentionally harmed anyone and i try my best to treat any race or colour with dignity and respect...

with this in mind, when i die, if i stood at the gates of heaven and god said to you, "you choose whether to let him into heaven or send him to hell?", what would you do?
    You seem to believe by your standards you should be let in, you
    give me reasons for it; you are good in your own eyes which is
    another way of saying your 'self righteous', you have standards
    that prove you are good enough, you didn't intentionally harm
    people, but if I found that to be a lie when I looked at some of
    your posts, if you did indeed insult to harm people, so in terms of
    truth what does that make you? You did your best to treat others
    of any race and color with dignity and respect, does that mean
    that some times your best allowed you to do otherwise? If you
    are attempting to enter heaven it will be you and God that shut
    that door not me, and when your life becomes laid out for all to
    see and you have nothing between you and the truth of your life
    before God and man, if your righteousness isn't to God's
    standards you will not be allowed in; however, there was a
    provision made between God and man, Jesus Christ who offers
    you His righteousness as he takes your sin, if you have a right
    relationship with God in Christ you will be allowed in.
    Kelly
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    07 Jul '07 19:18
    i do not believe in god or any religion; however, i would consider myself a good person, i have never intentionally harmed anyone and i try my best to treat any race or colour with dignity and respect...

with this in mind, when i die, if i stood at the gates of heaven and god said to you, "you choose whether to let him into heaven or send him to hell?", what would you do?
    I would ask you why would you want to get into heaven if you dont believe in God.

Next I would ask you if you influenced others to believe as you do, ie if you caused someone who probably wanted to be God-faring become an atheist.
  12. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    07 Jul '07 21:14
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    You seem to believe by your standards you should be let in, you
    give me reasons for it; you are good in your own eyes which is
    another way of saying your 'self righteous', you have standards
    that prove you are good enough, you didn't intentionally harm
    people, but if I found that to be a lie when I looked at some of
    your posts, if you did indeed insult ...[text shortened]... ur sin, if you have a right
    relationship with God in Christ you will be allowed in.
    Kelly
    if you're gonna be there boring me to death with all this righteous rubbish i kinda hope you'll do us both a favour and shut the door in my face!
  13. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    07 Jul '07 21:15
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    I would ask you why would you want to get into heaven if you dont believe in God.

Next I would ask you if you influenced others to believe as you do, ie if you caused someone who probably wanted to be God-faring become an atheist.
    and what if i had.... what kind of god is that, some crazy ego loving vain being that gets off on the idea everyone around him must worship him and do as he says of they're off to satan world... surely god - if he's real - must be above such human emotion
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    07 Jul '07 21:18
    if you're gonna be there boring me to death with all this righteous rubbish i kinda hope you'll do us both a favour and shut the door in my face!
    I would suggest if you wish to really wanted to avoid such stuff
    do not ask such questions that prompt such responses. Sort of
    makes me think you really do want to know, when you ask.
    Kelly
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    07 Jul '07 22:26
    and what if i had.... what kind of god is that, some crazy ego loving vain being that gets off on the idea everyone around him must worship him and do as he says of they're off to satan world... surely god - if he's real - must be above such human emotion
    Thats the problem with people believing in God. They want God to be what they think He should be. We are not in a position to dictate anything.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree