1. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    06 Jul '07 17:42
    i do not believe in god or any religion; however, i would consider myself a good person, i have never intentionally harmed anyone and i try my best to treat any race or colour with dignity and respect...

with this in mind, when i die, if i stood at the gates of heaven and god said to you, "you choose whether to let him into heaven or send him to hell?", what would you do?
  2. Joined
    14 Feb '05
    Moves
    06 Jul '07 18:16
    Originally posted by eatmybishop
    i do not believe in god or any religion; however, i would consider myself a good person, i have never intentionally harmed anyone and i try my best to treat any race or colour with dignity and respect...

with this in mind, when i die, if i stood at the gates of heaven and god said to you, "you choose whether to let him into heaven or send him to hell?", what would you do?
    Well – If my Father in Heaven asked me that question, I would say “This is my brother/sister who is a good person and tried to do good for his/her brothers and sisters. He/She made mistakes but so did I. I grew and I learned. I believe he/she deserves to be in Heaven and I would love to enter into Heaven with my brother/sister.
  3. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Moves
    06 Jul '07 18:19

My first thought was "Of course! What a silly question!" My second thought was "How sad, because it's really not a silly question at all. There are plenty of people who will say no, whether they type that out or not." Bummer.

My theory (which I probably already said somewhere) is that the world needs unbelievers just as much as it needs a plurality of believers.
  4. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    06 Jul '07 18:25

sending you to hell would be ridiculous
  5. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Moves
    06 Jul '07 18:34
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    sending you to hell would be ridiculous
    ... at least without marshmallows and hot dogs...
  6. Joined
    02 Apr '07
    Moves
    06 Jul '07 18:37

I would say yes, simply because I wouldn't wish hell upon anyone. but my beliefs here on earth dicates what I think what will happen, and I don't think that question will be asked of me.
  7. Standard memberColetti
    W.P. Extraordinaire
    State of Franklin
    Moves
    06 Jul '07 18:38
    Originally posted by pawnhandler
    LOL! 😵
  8. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    06 Jul '07 18:42
    Originally posted by pawnhandler
    or a can of gasoline and a box of matches
  9. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    06 Jul '07 19:061 edit

In my opinion, you're in.

In God's opinion, I'll never know. 🙂
  10. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    06 Jul '07 20:02

Who is the test really for? You? The person making the choice?
  11. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    06 Jul '07 21:12
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    Who is the test really for? You? The person making the choice?
    of course; and i guess - if you believe it - god has to make these decisions on a daily basis; it's funny how many believers said yes, they would let me in.... surely god's answer, the source of all compassion, would be the same... kinda puts the idea of punishment for not believing into a different perspective
  12. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    06 Jul '07 21:27
    of course; and i guess - if you believe it - god has to make these decisions on a daily basis; it's funny how many believers said yes, they would let me in.... surely god's answer, the source of all compassion, would be the same... kinda puts the idea of punishment for not believing into a different perspective
    hell is reserved for bad people, not smart people
  13. Standard memberColetti
    W.P. Extraordinaire
    State of Franklin
    Moves
    06 Jul '07 21:35
    It would certainly be an act of compassion for God to let you into heaven, but if he's going to let you in, he will make you a believer first. So it's still an act of compassion for God to let only believers into heaven.
  14. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    06 Jul '07 21:38

When you die and step up to the gates of heaven, and God asks you why he should let you in, what answer will you give him?
  15. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    06 Jul '07 21:43
    Originally posted by josephw
    When you die and step up to the gates of heaven, and God asks you why he should let you in, what answer will you give him?
    Does the answer make a difference?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree