Question for dasa

Question for dasa

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
23 Apr 12

Originally posted by FMF
You are conflating these two terms, when nobody else here is. You have called for both. You have called for capital punishment. And you have also called for genocide. Your call for capital punishment has some legitimacy, by which I mean it has widespread support around the world, even if I strenuously disagree with it. But your explicit call for genocide - in the deleted 19th December 2011 thread - against all Muslim males was illegitimate and disgraceful.
Actually I have to disagree.

The number of people who support an idea does not in any way alter its legitimacy.

Capital punishment is not, has never been, and never will be a legitimate form of punishment.

It is state sanctioned murder and it should be opposed and fought relentlessly and absolutely.

I appreciate that you don't believe in capital punishment but when you claim that those who call
for it have some legitimacy you are absolutely wrong.

Just as I am sure you would not consider those calling for genocide against a people could ever
have any legitimacy no matter how many of them there were.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
23 Apr 12

Originally posted by googlefudge

The number of people who support an idea does not in any way alter its legitimacy.

Capital punishment is not, has never been, and never will be a legitimate form of punishment.

It is state sanctioned murder and it should be opposed and fought relentlessly and absolutely.

I appreciate that you don't believe in ca ...[text shortened]... nocide against a people could ever
Whatever God decides is legitimate. HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! 😏

Moves
23 Apr 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
Whatever God decides is legitimate. HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! 😏
Euthyphro dilemma...

No whatever god decides is not legitimate.

Even if your god (or anyone else's) actually existed.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
23 Apr 12

Originally posted by FMF
That people who commit crimes should be punished is not controversial. Capital punishment has plenty of support and plenty of opposition. I think that the tide of history is turning against the death penalty though. I come from a country that no longer has it. I live in one that uses it relatively sparingly. Personally, I do not give my consent to the state to take the lives of people who have committed crimes, even if they are terrible crimes.
You do not give your consent because you do not have higher knowledge and therefore your perspective is faulty.

Mundane perspective will always struggle with deciding "What to do" and "What not to do"

Spiritual perspective does not struggle because it is supported by true knowledge.

True knowledge allows one to understand that there is no one actually in reality being killed at all.

This understanding cannot be gained by cheating or fudging.......but the person must spend their life living the spiritual life to gain it and you cannot cheat at the spiritual life or trick yourself into enlightment. (it must be genuine)

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
23 Apr 12

Originally posted by googlefudge

I appreciate that you don't believe in ca ...[text shortened]... nocide against a people could ever
Foolish conclusion from a foolish atheist.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
23 Apr 12

Originally posted by FMF
You are conflating these two terms, when nobody else here is. You have called for both. You have called for capital punishment. And you have also called for genocide. Your call for capital punishment has some legitimacy, by which I mean it has widespread support around the world, even if I strenuously disagree with it. But your explicit call for genocide - in the deleted 19th December 2011 thread - against all Muslim males was illegitimate and disgraceful.
Once again twisting my words to make a pathetic attempt to discredit my comments.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
23 Apr 12

Originally posted by Dasa
Once again twisting my words to make a pathetic attempt to discredit my comments.
The main problem here is your so-called knowledge is not even true, like your assertion that prey animals feel no pain. They feel pain, that has been proven scientifically. In your little world of ancient books and so-called lost knowledge they didn't even know there was such a thing as a nervous system but yet give out information, totally wrong information as if it were truth. There is no truth in the idea prey animals feel little pain. That is only humans trying to rationalize their religious stance.

Instead of just disagreeing with people who have been convinced of the truth of evolution you hurl insults.

This flies in the face of your supposed truths. I bet you no longer go to the temple in Brisbane because your obnoxious personality ticked off everyone there and you were forced to leave, as you said, you left because you didn't like the politics there.
I think it was because they ran you out of town as a bully.

You are a pissss poor example of what it would be like to be spiritually advanced. You are just a Krishna Rottweiler gnawing and biting on people who don't happen to agree with your dogma.

d

Moves
23 Apr 12

You do not give your consent because you do not have higher knowledge and therefore your perspective is faulty.

Mundane perspective will always struggle with deciding "What to do" and "What not to do"

Spiritual perspective does not struggle because it is supported by true knowledge.

True knowledge allows one to understand that there is no one actually ...[text shortened]... cannot cheat at the spiritual life or trick yourself into enlightment. (it must be genuine)
Once again , I say it must be sad for god that the one person in seven billion to whom he gave higher and true knowledge turns out to be a lying little coward. Still waiting for an answer to my question

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
24 Apr 12

Originally posted by sonhouse
The main problem here is your so-called knowledge is not even true, like your assertion that prey animals feel no pain. They feel pain, that has been proven scientifically. In your little world of ancient books and so-called lost knowledge they didn't even know there was such a thing as a nervous system but yet give out information, totally wrong informatio ...[text shortened]... a Krishna Rottweiler gnawing and biting on people who don't happen to agree with your dogma.
I did not read your entire post ...........because when I got to the part where you said ....that I said animals do not feel pain - I could see instantly that you are being dishonest with what I have actually said.

I have never said that animals do not feel pain.

Why have you said I have? (rhetorical question)

You are mis-representing my words to make an attempt to discredit them.

Is there no person in this forum that can speak honestly.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
24 Apr 12

Originally posted by deenny
Once again , I say it must be sad for god that the one person in seven billion to whom he gave higher and true knowledge turns out to be a lying little coward. Still waiting for an answer to my question
If I choose - I shall not reply to posts that are deliberately vulgar or insincere or sarcastic..............or blatantly dishonest.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
24 Apr 12

I did not read your entire post ...........because when I got to the part where you said ....that I said animals do not feel pain - I could see instantly that you are being dishonest with what I have actually said.

I have never said that animals do not feel pain.

Why have you said I have? (rhetorical question)

You are mis-representing my words to make an attempt to discredit them.

Is there no person in this forum that can speak honestly.
Haven't you already said that all of us on this forum are dishonest?

F

Moves
24 Apr 12
1 edit

True knowledge allows one to understand that there is no one actually ...[text shortened]... cannot cheat at the spiritual life or trick yourself into enlightment. (it must be genuine)
I understand that you disagree with me but it's kind of funny how your disagreement is expressed as a seemingly breathless attempt to deliver personal insults. And then we find that all your "argument' boils down to is that capital punishment is legitimate because "no one actually in reality being killed at all"! You are not going to be able to persuade people to change their mind over capital punishment with this appeal to your own supposed "higher knowledge" and "enlightenment".

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
24 Apr 12

Originally posted by FMF
I understand that you disagree with me but it's kind of funny how your disagreement is expressed as a seemingly breathless attempt to deliver personal insults. And then we find that all your "argument' boils down to is that capital punishment is legitimate because "no one actually in reality being killed at all"! You are not going to be able to persuade people t ...[text shortened]... nt with this appeal to your own supposed "higher knowledge" and "enlightenment".
Unenlightened and ignorant person shall never understand many things - and it is not my position to change everyone's mentality against their wills.

However honest persons who are desirous to learn the truth about God and spirituality may embrace the truth of the Vedas when they wish........and everything shall become clear to them as the sun lights up the sky after a moonless dark night.

You cannot possibly make comments about things without the higher perspective to do so.

Its like a child attempting to understand politics at age 5...... and you will almost get your comments wrong every time because of speculation.

Capital punishment is the kindest and most sensible form of punishment available for many reasons.........all of which you and most people are not aware.

Persons of the Vedic culture have the welfare of every person close to their hearts - and could never act against another's highest welfare. - but always act in the highest way possible.

Capital punishment fits nicely into this mandate.

F

Moves
24 Apr 12

Unenlightened and ignorant person shall never understand many things - and it is not my position to change everyone's mentality against their wills.
Like I said before, simply calling me "Unenlightened and ignorant" isn't really an argument, in and of itself.

Ro

Moves
24 Apr 12

Capital punishment fits nicely into this mandate.[/b]
Cult